Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 minute ago, PNWhornsfan said:

Didn't they just talk about the 4 teams in the playoff during halftime?  But yes, a great "TU Sip conspiracy" because how dare they talk about UT along with Michigan, Washington, and Bama like that instead of Aggy...

Will Smith Losers GIF by The Roku Channel

It was more glorious than this. I didn’t get to hear it, but Texas was clearly a big part of the halftime discussion. It was noticeable. 

12 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

Didn't they just talk about the 4 teams in the playoff during halftime?  But yes, a great "TU Sip conspiracy" because how dare they talk about UT along with Michigan, Washington, and Bama like that instead of Aggy...

Will Smith Losers GIF by The Roku Channel

No it was focused on standard 'is Texas back?' fare

27 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I'm travelling and on my phone, but someone like @BornAndRaised or @JesusSweatDuck can post the absolute teary meltdown some TexAgs poster who didn't get into Duke had last night when Maalik committed

I went back and forth on posting it. I didn't want to promote their racist bullshit. I could hardly stomach reading the, "he doesn't have the grades for Duke." 

If it's not posted by the time I get home from errands I'll dump it.

Edited by BornAndRaised
Nvm jesussweatduck already posted
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Holy shit, imagine writing something - and then doubling and tripling down on it - so fucking asinine (and pretty overtly racist) that you (rightly) get almost unanimously called out and shamed on fucking texags for it. 

That guy is too dumb to even be an aggy. A truly special case...

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 2

So which aggy grad works at UT and would have access to athletes' grades?  I couldn't get my daughter's grades from UT and this asshat has seen Murphy's?  I get that he could have just made that up, but it reads to me like he realized that he had posted something that he shouldn't have and was trying to walk it back.  If I had the skills I would track down He Gotta Touchdown's identity and see if he violated any laws or terms of employment there.

And lol that a 4.0 at UT wouldn't get him into Duke.  He's a deluded moron.  Reminds me of a woman who told me that her son was accepted at Stanford's and MIT's engineering programs, but couldn't get into aggy so he was starting at Blinn.  (Unbelievable, I know, but absolutely what she said.)  They have no sense of their academic place in relation to any other schools, nor the academic places of other schools generally.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

It’s really quite the talent to be able to tell someone’s GPA simply by watching them play football on television.

It’s better than that. Apparently straight A’s at Texas also wouldn’t be good enough. I don’t know what duke’s standards are, but there sure must be a lot of unbelievably smart basketball and lacrosse players in this country.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

It’s really quite the talent to be able to tell someone’s GPA simply by watching them play football on television.

Oh, he didn't need to see him play football to have formed his opinion on his intelligence.  Something tells me even just a picture would do for this guy.  Maybe even just a name.  He didn't need much to reach his conclusion.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Oh, he didn't need to see him play football to have formed his opinion on his intelligence.  Something tells me even just a picture would do for this guy.  Maybe even just a name.  He didn't need much to reach his conclusion.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

You could read the internal conflict he was facing. He wanted so badly to explain how he "knows" Murphy is dumb, yet he also knows that he can't say that part out loud. So he just stumbled around tripping over himself.

Edited by Mikey4
  • Hook 'Em 4

I love FrioAg00's (ag tag) contribution:

They are doing ok, but honestly given their arrival into the SEC combined with their first playoff appearance - I expected them to do much better. It could still happen in the 2025 class. We will see. Their 2024 class has 7 good headliners in it; all but 2 are skill position guys and DBs. Good class, but not great. On the transfer side, this is a very good pickup. And they got one good WR from UH, plus one good Safety. Call it a B+ IMO. Again, overall they are certainly doing fine but Sark isn't just killing it with what should be his absolutely maximum momentum opportunity. Things thing could shift quickly on him with a loss next week and a much tougher schedule in 2024

He grades us B+, seems nonplussed. I suppose he's right-- we can't all have Elkworthy personnel, now, can we?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

That is quite a bit to unpack as usual. 

So that guy expected more from Sark in this recruiting cycle than a top 3 finish... So he has been expecting Texas to be #1 or #2 just by riding the momentum of getting into the playoff a mere 2 weeks prior to NSD?  

Good, not great. Top 3 finish is fine, call it a B+.  Maybe next year tu can grab enough shithead 5-star future transfers to get an A grade from this genuis. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Had the game on mute last night as we ate dinner with my visiting in-laws and kiddos in an adjacent dining room. My FIL is a Brit and a former sailor. He’s pounding scotch and extolling the virtues of soccer and cricket as halftime rolls on and I try to ignore boring shit about cricket.

How can you watch something like this and not fall in love with cricket?

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Well, for sports at least. 

1.4-ish billion people and they’ll win like 2 medals in Paris. Good grief. 

If they gave out 30-odd medals for cricket, field hockey or badminton like they do for swimming, it'd be a different story 😁

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2