Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

The funny thing is they don't even really fantasize about beating us themselves, they just expect big brothers Bama, Georgia and LSU to do so. It's hilarious that they've spent a decade getting whipped and, instead of developing a dislike of those programs, they have some weird Stockholm Syndrome. Aggies are a naturally subservient group. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

The funny thing is they don't even really fantasize about beating us themselves, they just expect big brothers Bama, Georgia and LSU to do so. It's hilarious that they've spent a decade getting whipped and, instead of developing a dislike of those programs, they have some weird Stockholm Syndrome. Aggies are a naturally subservient group. 

It is called trauma, when you traumatize a fanbase predisposed to cults and conservatism you get a bunch of rubbes willing to do anything, believe anything, that will get them even the slightest victory over big brother, the fact that us feeling superior to rural folk is what drove them insane is beyond here or there. But I definitely enjoy it, if they were say rational like Okie I would lose so much damn joy.

The institutional games we can play on their deep seated inferiority are endless, stuff like non committal offering their bread recruits, just so they can overpay, their idolization of big bad Bama only for us to break the gentleman's agreement, them hiring incredibly incompetent people (Bjork) that leads to the Mark Stoops situation (you just know they thought about Bobby winning those 5 straight against Mack and thinking they could replicate this) all this makes them the perfect toys to play with, fuck the SEC screenshot thread, that is like pot while this thread is fentanyl.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Has Elko proven himself as a recruiter?

Of course.  I think it was on the portal thread a poster expressed disappointment that he had committed to us so fast because if “ Elko got him on campus he could have closed it”.

19 hours ago, The Gimp said:

Of course.  I think it was on the portal thread a poster expressed disappointment that he had committed to us so fast because if “ Elko got him on campus he could have closed it”.

Cuz God knows Bryan/College Station is the ultimate teenage dream and the brutally simplistic block style buildings of Texas A&M are a wonder to behold.

Truly the crown jewel of East Texas. 

5 minutes ago, pacman said:

Aggy is getting dangerously close to self-aware....fortunately, the gestapo will snuff those anomalies out...

I don't know, Liucci might be spooning with Erlich Bachman in the opium den at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

Cuz God knows Bryan/College Station is the ultimate teenage dream and the brutally simplistic block style buildings of Texas A&M are a wonder to behold.

Truly the crown jewel of East Texas. 

Please do not loop that shithole into East Texas. Pine trees are beautiful. Strip malls and Soviet era architecture are not. BCS is not East, Central or any other Texas geographical region. It truly is the worst place in our great country of Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Horn117 said:

Please do not loop that shithole into East Texas. Pine trees are beautiful. Strip malls and Soviet era architecture are not. BCS is not East, Central or any other Texas geographical region. It truly is the worst place in our great country of Texas. 

Your point is well taken but Lubbock still exists. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Your point is well taken but Lubbock still exists. 

As does Wichita Falls. And Post. And Corpus Christi. And Seminole. 
Plenty of armpit towns in Texas. 

• Like 1

Those poor bastards are in hell.  Watching their hated rival absoluting killing it and pretending it’s all smoke and mirrors while simultaneously mired in mediocrity and pretending they’re maki g all the right moves and playing 4D chess.  You can smell the denial in those posts.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Every coach is their new promised land until they achieve their mean , then they become disciplinary problems like a broken record.

While sometimes this may be true , aggys real problem is a deep culture problem.

They'll continue to wander until they decide to grow out of their red ass backwards traditions. 

The scariest thing for us would be getting rid of these guys, it would be a sign of something actually changing .

high five texas am GIF by Texas A&M University

• Hook 'Em 3

17 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

You needed that punting job. But they had to give it to a Vegemite-eating player from down under because of an international *white student quota. Is that really fair?

*Fixed

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

If I can unjerk for a second...

I think Elko might actually be a good hire for them. He won't get them where they want to be, but he can probably limit the damage that Jimbo was doing. All this bread they're recruiting won't win them a lot of games, but those guys will probably appreciate the opportunity to play at an SEC school and at least show up to practice. And maybe, just maybe, they won't smoke weed in the locker room. College Station and A&M as a school just isn't a good place for blue chip recruits. There's nothing to do, the people are weird and boring, and they can misbehave with impunity. It's probably the same for coaches who are accustomed to coaching at a normal school for normal people - they get to BCS and see all these weirdos and think fuck it, I'm just here for the money anyway. 

They genuinely have "little brother" in the DNA of their program, and I don't mean that as a snide insult like many of you do. It's more that I'm observing a law of nature. Like gravity or water finding its level. When they try to hire real coaches and buy blue chip recruits, those types of people will hate the program and the place. College Station and apex football personnel are fundamentally incompatible. That is why it's much better for their program to recruit bread and hire guys like Elko - those types of players and coaches will think College Station is good enough for them and not resent the place for being what it is. 

And that will be the way they achieve the most success that they can as a program. Second rate coaching and third rate players will only take them so far, but at least they won't be a profligate embarrassment like the Jimbo era was. That's A&M's ceiling as a program, and Elko is the kind of coach that will get them there. 

Agree and well said.

Their problem being, whether they have Jimbo and a bunch of under-achieving undisciplined checked-out 5-stars, or Elko and a bunch of bready lunchpail kids, they're still an 8-4 team, and relying on a bunch of OOC cupcakes to even make it to THAT record.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

I think Elko might actually be a good hire for them. He won't get them where they want to be, but he can probably limit the damage that Jimbo was doing. All this bread they're recruiting won't win them a lot of games, but those guys will probably appreciate the opportunity to play at an SEC school and at least show up to practice. And maybe, just maybe, they won't smoke weed in the locker room. College Station and A&M as a school just isn't a good place for blue chip recruits. There's nothing to do, the people are weird and boring, and they can misbehave with impunity. It's probably the same for coaches who are accustomed to coaching at a normal school for normal people - they get to BCS and see all these weirdos and think fuck it, I'm just here for the money anyway. 

They genuinely have "little brother" in the DNA of their program, and I don't mean that as a snide insult like many of you do. It's more that I'm observing a law of nature. Like gravity or water finding its level. When they try to hire real coaches and buy blue chip recruits, those types of people will hate the program and the place. College Station and apex football personnel are fundamentally incompatible. That is why it's much better for their program to recruit bread and hire guys like Elko - those types of players and coaches will think College Station is good enough for them and not resent the place for being what it is. 

And that will be the way they achieve the most success that they can as a program. Second rate coaching and third rate players will only take them so far, but at least they won't be a profligate embarrassment like the Jimbo era was. That's A&M's ceiling as a program, and Elko is the kind of coach that will get them there. 

Basically, best case he's their Mark Dantonio. That dude turned little brotherdom into an art form.

• Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Agree and well said.

Their problem being, whether they have Jimbo and a bunch of under-achieving undisciplined checked-out 5-stars, or Elko and a bunch of bready lunchpail kids, they're still an 8-4 team, and relying on a bunch of OOC cupcakes to even make it to THAT record.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Basically, best case he's their Mark Dantonio. That dude turned little brotherdom into an art form.

Yes - exactly. Aggies spend so much time looking down on Big 12 teams like OSU and KSU without realizing that the strategy employed by those school is exactly what they should be doing. MSU is another good example from the B1G. Recruit OKGs and luncpail types and hope you find a coach that will still around long enough for his blueprint to start working more often than not. OSU was shit until they hired Gundy. KSU was shit until they hired Snyder. Dantonio is the only coach at MSU in the last 50 years who found any kind of sustained success. I doubt Elko will be as good as any of those coaches, but he fits the mold better than guys like Jimbo or Sumlin. 

I have no doubt or concern that A&M will see the light, however. They don't have the patience or capacity for objective self assessment to become a developmental program. Elko could have them going their customary 8-4 with an occasional 10-win season, but that won't be good enough for them. They'll fire him for the next hot G5 coach with recruiting chops and the whole thing will fall apart all over again. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Exactly.  If TAMU would just accept their place in the world, the entire collective mindset and mood would be much better.  They're a mediocre state college with mediocre sports teams.  If they would just accept and enjoy that, in particular with football, they would be much happier.  They could enjoy the occasional upset of a top-5 team and the occasional 10-win season. 

Instead, they think they ARE that top-5 program, and that 10+ plus win seasons are the norm. 

They're not.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nnm said:

Exactly.  If TAMU would just accept their place in the world, the entire collective mindset and mood would be much better.  They're a mediocre state college with mediocre sports teams.  If they would just accept and enjoy that, in particular with football, they would be much happier.  They could enjoy the occasional upset of a top-5 team and the occasional 10-win season. 

Instead, they think they ARE that top-5 program, and that 10+ plus win seasons are the norm. 

They're not.  

To that end, what makes the most sense for them to do is rejoin the Big 12. Of course, they will never do that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Agree and well said.

And talking shit non-stop like they're not. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Park Gothic said:

Great post. They're a developmental program that doesn't realize that, much less want that. It's all right in front of them to see, but they can't and won't. They see their easy access to money and a favorable (usually) media environment looking to soak up their underdog-who-will-be-the-hero sob story. When they see those things at their disposal, and then start hearing the catnip of their "rise" from the media, they magnetize right back to expecting national titles, right now. Their boards are actively convincing themselves as we type and read on here that they're going to the playoffs next year. I have no idea how anyone can go from where they've been and what their roster looks like to that spot, but I see it on 247 and read it here from texags. It's fucking bonkers. 

If these idiots ever took the KSU approach, and Elko could certainly get them in the range of this (IMO), they'd be in pretty high cotton. The Woodlands, Katy, and Cypress are feeder areas with talent. They're closer to a massive city and recruiting area than any of the KSUs out there. Fill a roster with those types, and you're 7-5 to 10-2 decade after decade. Occasionally, you make the playoffs and try to make noise. Instead, they want to be Georgia, or what Texas can be when it isn't stepping on rakes constantly at the AD level. Not happening.

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Agree and well said.

If the rumors of the SEC going to 9 conference games is true, those days are over. Sure, they'll still have their FCS gimme, but they'll face pressure to match-up in the noncon with teams that buoy their resume for being a playoff team. Every SEC and Big 10 team that isn't Vanderbilt or Northwestern/Rutgers will be feeling that pressure. 9-3 teams from those conferences with big noncon wins or close losses will be rewarded over damned near anyone else. Same for a 9-3 ND. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Park Gothic said:

Yes - exactly. Aggies spend so much time looking down on Big 12 teams like OSU and KSU without realizing that the strategy employed by those school is exactly what they should be doing. MSU is another good example from the B1G. Recruit OKGs and luncpail types and hope you find a coach that will still around long enough for his blueprint to start working more often than not. OSU was shit until they hired Gundy. KSU was shit until they hired Snyder. Dantonio is the only coach at MSU in the last 50 years who found any kind of sustained success. I doubt Elko will be as good as any of those coaches, but he fits the mold better than guys like Jimbo or Sumlin. 

I have no doubt or concern that A&M will see the light, however. They don't have the patience or capacity for objective self assessment to become a developmental program. Elko could have them going their customary 8-4 with an occasional 10-win season, but that won't be good enough for them. They'll fire him for the next hot G5 coach with recruiting chops and the whole thing will fall apart all over again. 

I tend to agree with this and the assessment of Elko as well. His ceiling is probably RC Slocum level success and that’s probably true for the program as well.  But when the Josh Pate’s of the world are out there telling people it’s a “top 4, maybe 3 job in America,” then that’s not good enough for them and hilarity ensues. 

23 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This is pretty pathetic on Texags:

image.png.f88e9beadf7bb27beb67d07331d2311b.png

image.png.ee23e1f480d102f0b6432a84d105c9fd.png

Isn't this kind of cheating and not part of their sacred oath and code?

You're not new here. The only thing different about this instance is that they did not write code to VORE for aggy Chad. They've been cheating internet polls for decades.

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This is pretty pathetic on Texags:

What you don't think #12 is the best DB in the state of Texas at 5'8" and 155 lbs?  🤣

My son's buddy was on the same list for LBs.  He had a good year but not near the best in the state.  It's kind of a joke voting thing for sure.  Of course a loser aggy would get on this small boy who's not even good enough for anything higher than DIII football and probably not even that. 

aggys couldn't be more pathetic in all phases of life.

13770948_fa8b433d2d6c4731a50cbe26e2ca46e

• Hook 'Em 1

They're not.  
To me the analogy that comes to mind is China vs the western world. China (aggy) was downtrodden for a long time and went on an all out mission to rise to what they think their rightful place in the world should be. What do they do? They look at more successful countries (Texas, OU, Bama, LSU etc) and try to copy what they did (capitalism) while still maintaining their oddity of form of government which still operates as though capitalism was never introduced. (aggy turditions) In other words aggy (China) thinks that by becoming wealthy and building a massive military they can become #1...but without a good understanding of what it means to be #1 and that it didn't happen overnight for the west, it was a process over generations.

So yeah, thats how I see it. Little bro thinks if they dress and talk like big bro they can not only be equals, but actually surpass big bro.