Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

What mystifies me about these kinds of takes is that Elko isn't some new addition at ATM. The guy was there for four years, hammering the buffet lines and happy hours. He made a dent in the College Station GDP with his presence alone. He had a chance to "resurrect the WC" the first time around. Why did he not do it then but he's going to do it now? Was Jimbo Fisher also quietly holding back the defense's true potential? That guy really is the Alpha and Omega for aggie failure of late, I guess.

Yes. Jimbo Fisher spent 6 years holding back the program. That is an established* fact.

*est. 11/12/23 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Where is the list of these incoming defensive studs they're referencing? 

Just peruse the Missouri Valley and MAC All-Conference Honorable Mentions lists. Studs.

What mystifies me about these kinds of takes is that Elko isn't some new addition at ATM. The guy was there for four years, hammering the buffet lines and happy hours. He made a dent in the College Station GDP with his presence alone. He had a chance to "resurrect the WC" the first time around. Why did he not do it then but he's going to do it now? Was Jimbo Fisher also quietly holding back the defense's true potential? That guy really is the Alpha and Omega for aggie failure of late, I guess.

36 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They were pretty decent on defense relative to their talent level under him, right?  Not great but ok. 

31 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yeah, they stopped the run pretty good because they had DT's playing at EDGE.  Never got much pressure on the QB and any team with a pulse that could pass usually did well against them.  Jimbo milking the clock on offense also made them look good statistically.

Elmer anticipates what I was thinking. They slowed down the clock and, when they had Mond, could move the ball fairly consistently. 

I'm assuming Elko is a very solid defensive coach, but their silly dreams about last century's wrecking crew will never come true. Offenses have changed and bags don't have a unique quality to attract top talent like they did back in the FedEx days.

2 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

I think it really boils down the whether you prefer this:

8ahzk5.gif

Or this:

pQkliE.gif

Both are great and I assume we can all agree that both are better than Temple of Doom. 

Sure, they're the greatest fucking movies ever. Shall we move on?

spacer.png

1) Scourton

2) Bob Johnson

3) Jag Jaggerty

4) Oliver Closeoff

5) Merry Christmas

6) Kiss My Ass

7) Kiss His Ass

8 ) Kiss Your Ass

9) Happy Hannukah

10) Tits McGee

Once these boys get back from Junction, they'll be eating pieces of shit and pissing excellence all over themselves.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Just peruse the Missouri Valley and MAC All-Conference Honorable Mentions lists. Studs.

Elmer anticipates what I was thinking. They slowed down the clock and, when they had Mond, could move the ball fairly consistently. 

I'm assuming Elko is a very solid defensive coach, but their silly dreams about last century's wrecking crew will never come true. Offenses have changed and bags don't have a unique quality to attract top talent like they did back in the FedEx days.

My suspicion is that they will be competent on defense.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

My suspicion is that they will be competent on defense.  

No shit? That isn’t a groundbreaking take. There’s also quite a gap between competence and the Wrecking Crew, which was a dominating defense at times during that period. 

Elko is a solid defensive coach. ATM has okay starting talent and no depth on defense. They’ll do fine until guys get hurt against mediocre competition. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

They did have a much saltier defense with him as DC to be fair, but he is working with half the talent this time around.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

No shit? That isn’t a groundbreaking take. There’s also quite a gap between competence and the Wrecking Crew, which was a dominating defense at times during that period. 

Elko is a solid defensive coach. ATM has okay starting talent and no depth on defense. They’ll do fine until guys get hurt against mediocre competition. 

Agreed. That was my point in saying that- they will think they are getting the wrecking crew in reality they will get basic competence on that side of the ball, probably nothing special on the other side of the ball and finish in the middle of the conference, same as it ever was. 
they will probably be boring though- missing even the train wreck component of that hayseed Smurf they just gave 75M to fuck off. 

• Haha 1

I love the adjustments of some posters now to referring ours as the cream puff sec schedule. It’s a foregone concluythat we’ll blast through it but only because we were gifted such an easy slate. But it’s also the sec, week in week out grind.

• Hook 'Em 4

Can't these guys get anything right?

image.png.9020af2cc0b371904c8d046f205fb021.png

I think he confused William's nickname with a reference to felatio.

New overused word (see "hype" and "momentum")

image.png.b0e757c320cb82adfc6a91c4773f4b2a.png

image.png.c82280d2c8ff21e7ffa96e1211b799d0.png

image.png.56477093c467e025b276b93cff2f7d5f.png

image.png.0f316e845d4cda9de862579365d86bb8.png

Narrator: There is no sip narrative.

Such a dramatic and dramatically nutty world they see themselves in:

image.png.c025147cc341fffc19cf34e403973e07.png

Spines. Betrayals. Backs against walls. Men of their words. 

• Haha 1

I try not to read this thread very much.  They are literally too stupid to interact with or give any thought to.  That's not some sort of rivalry smack or anything like that. Hell, we eat our own around here and are harder on ourselves than maybe any other fanbase is on themselves.  They just fundamentally aren't tethered to reality and are incapable of logical or consistent thought.  It's pretty terrible to witness. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

I know I'm working awful hard to climb Mount Stupid, but I can't help myself. Their lack of self awareness is something to which I will never become accustomed. 

I laughed. 

@immamac @closetojumping

New Surly motto? “Working Hard to Climb Mount Stupid.” 

Edited by Junior Bonner
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Imagine only wanting to listen to state-run media to tell you what you want to hear because reality is too tough of a pill to swallow. 

And then taking the opposite position of that when you venture into other areas of life and news, but for the same reason. 

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And then taking the opposite position of that when you venture into other areas of life and news, but for the same reason. 

Are you one of the last few holdouts who actually believes the shit you're shoveled from the state-run media regarding "life and news"? I don't venture into the political discussions very often, which you've pushed into the discussion here because you guys cannot help yourselves, but I've not seen a "trust the media" honk in the wild in what feels like forever.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I try not to read this thread very much.  They are literally too stupid to interact with or give any thought to.  That's not some sort of rivalry smack or anything like that. Hell, we eat our own around here and are harder on ourselves than maybe any other fanbase is on themselves.  They just fundamentally aren't tethered to reality and are incapable of logical or consistent thought.  It's pretty terrible to witness. 

or fascinating.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Are you one of the last few holdouts who actually believes the shit you're shoveled from the state-run media regarding "life and news"? I don't venture into the political discussions very often, which you've pushed into the discussion here because you guys cannot help yourselves, but I've not seen a "trust the media" honk in the wild in what feels like forever.

Don’t know how you gathered any of that from my post, in which I say nothing about myself. 

I’ll try from a different direction- the only area in these peoples’ lives that they believe what the institutional authority is telling them is Aggie athletics. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Don’t know how you gathered any of that from my post, in which I say nothing about myself. 

I’ll try from a different direction- the only area in these peoples’ lives that they believe what the institutional authority is telling them is Aggie athletics. 

Right. It insults us both when you rebut with a rhetorical tactic like this and expect to be taken seriously, so I'm fine moving on. 

The irony of all of this is that... yeah, our schedule this year isn't incredibly daunting.

BUT that's what we have been trying to say for the past decade when aggy claimed "8-4 in the SEC is like 12-0 in the Big 12!!!".  Some years will be absolutely brutal, but most seasons have a couple of marquee games filled with a bunch of filler.  

I would never expect them to acknowledge that they agree with us now, however.  It's obviously that Texas has been assigned the first "favorable" schedule in the history of the SEC.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I would never expect them to acknowledge that they agree with us now, however.  It's obviously that Texas has been assigned the first "favorable" schedule in the history of the SEC.

Obviously!

It's part of the Snakey-ESPN conspiracy to hold down the Ags. And now it's been bolstered by alignment with the on3 network and The Athletic podcast. It's all just too unfair for the good ole Ags.

• Haha 1

The SEC West was hard.   The SEC East outside of Georgia and sometimes Florida was much much easier.  

Its going to be spread out more evenly now (except florida lol).    

For most fanbases, they would be happy with that.

But they are so scared we are going to come in and accomplish something they didn't do, they have to try to dilute it down before we even play a game.    

Let them argue that the SEC by adding Texas and OU is easier.   We will just laugh at them.

And also, like going to Tuscaloosa and winning is hard?

5 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

The SEC West was hard.   The SEC East outside of Georgia and sometimes Florida was much much easier.  

Don’t forget that Missouri won the SEC East at least twice.

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The irony of all of this is that... yeah, our schedule this year isn't incredibly daunting.

BUT that's what we have been trying to say for the past decade when aggy claimed "8-4 in the SEC is like 12-0 in the Big 12!!!".

...and in most of those years, our schedule was more difficult. Of course we don't play FCS schools and they do every season.

• Hook 'Em 1

Imagine only wanting to listen to state-run media to tell you what you want to hear because reality is too tough of a pill to swallow. 

State run media?

86643a71947c0c7fbdbfaf23355b294e.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Mr. Drummond said:

And also, like going to Tuscaloosa and winning is hard?

Nobody wins at Bryant-Denny.  At night.  By double digits.

Except for 2023 Texas.  And before that.... 2004 South Carolina*

* Not sure that game was at night and ain't got the give-a-shit to look it up

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Nobody wins at Bryant-Denny.  At night.  By double digits.
Except for 2023 Texas.  And before that.... 2004 South Carolina*
* Not sure that game was at night and ain't got the give-a-shit to look it up

*nobody wins at Bryant-Denny. At night. By double digits. Unless it’s week two because that doesn’t count because obviously bama isn’t full strength. /aggy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, deft said:

*nobody wins at Bryant-Denny. At night. By double digits. Unless it’s week two because that doesn’t count because obviously bama isn’t full strength. /aggy

Same with Ohio State in the shoe at night week 2 lol. We saw how that turned out. Those morons have an excuse to everything. It's absolutely awesome to see them squirm 

21 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

Cream puff schedule, huh. Putting aside their decade of bullshit about how there's no easy games in the SEC, our schedule is no easier than A&M's. In fact, it's probably harder (although by a marginal amount). 

We have 3 common opponents with A&M (Florida, Arkansas, MSU). We also fucking play them at Kyle. 

They play ND and we play Michigan in the non-con. Neither of us should be proud of our remaining non-con schedules, although I think our is marginally harder (we don't play an FCS, but we do play ULM so...). So I'll say those are about even. That's 8/12ths of our schedules that match up evenly. 

The remaining 4 games:

Texas                      A&M

1. OU                       1. Mizzou

2. Georgia              2. LSU

3. Vandy                 3. USCe

4. Kentucky            4. Auburn

I would put OU:Mizzou and Kentucky:Auburn at pretty dead even. Vandy easier than SCar, but UGA is harder than LSU. They even out. 

I know I'm working awful hard to climb Mount Stupid, but I can't help myself. Their lack of self awareness is something to which I will never become accustomed. 

The difference is we play them and they play us.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

The difference is we play them and they play us.

Ah, but you underestimate them, Frank.

"We were beaten up by our NFL-lite SEC schedule!

'Sips were given a bunch of cupcakes, by the conniving Snakey!!"

Advantage:  Aggy!!

18 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Ah, but you underestimate them, Frank.

"We were beaten up by our NFL-lite SEC schedule!

'Sips were given a bunch of cupcakes, by the conniving Snakey!!"

Advantage:  Aggy!!

1. If they lose big, it's because Elko is in the first year of a full rebuild. Tearing it down the studs and putting it back together the right way. The game basically doesn't count and means nothing about the future of the rivalry. Just wait til next year, sips. 

2. If they lose little, well hell that's as good as a win. You meant to tell me that the big bad Shortwhorns, projected to win the SEC and probably the natty, couldn't even blow out lil' ol' A&M? Didja see those famers fight? Just wait til next year, sips.

3. If they win by any margin, big or little, then it will be literally the biggest thing to happen in the history of either program and, possibly, all of college football. A&M may never lose another game and Texas may never win again. You know that one part from Ode to Joy? The one that plays in Die Hard when they get the vault open? That will be playing on repeat in the mind of every Aggie for the next 12 months. We cannot allow this to happen. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

My God, that's glorious stuff from Jimboshat. I would say that reeks of one of y'all trolling except I don't think any one would go through the trouble to get the trampstamp agtag. Boise St., BYU, KU, are all recognizable on the cover while a&m is barely visible right above the far goalposts... selling hotdogs.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4