Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

I love how quickly these fucking morons accept something TexAgs staff posts as absolute truth and then spin it into this massive conspiracy against aggy.  All these opposing fans are posting shit on our message boards to make us look bad and then showing it to recruits.  No, no one really does that because aggy fans post that shit themselves but I HIGHLY doubt any coaching staff in America gives a shit what is posted on a fan site.  Have you seen what players get on Social Media?  There's no need to look any deeper, it's sent to them directly already.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I love how quickly these fucking morons accept something TexAgs staff posts as absolute truth and then spin it into this massive conspiracy against aggy.  All these opposing fans are posting shit on our message boards to make us look bad and then showing it to recruits.  No, no one really does that because aggy fans post that shit themselves but I HIGHLY doubt any coaching staff in America gives a shit what is posted on a fan site.  Have you seen what players get on Social Media?  There's no need to look any deeper, it's sent to them directly already.

And them running their mouths about how those coaches and schools are out to get them just gets more exposure for the racist trash they post. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The fictions they create for themselves are both hilarious and frightening.

Other schools tear up their players and coaches on message boards, but the loyal and good ags never do.  Despite this very thread existing, solely to capture the thousands upon thousands of words they use to trash their coach, to trash Haynes King, to trash Calzone before him, and none of that comes close to the vitriol they directed at Kellen Mond, the guy who's actually been their only decent QB since Johnny Manziel.  Of course we all know why they especially hated Mond, and they've openly admitted it on their message boards.

But they're still the good guys, obviously.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Pro Tip: When you're posting a tweet that is, oh, lets say more than 12 hours old, the chances are approximately 500% that the same tweet has been posted on this board 2, maybe as many as 3 times already. It's Hayes Fawcett. You're breaking anything new here. I realize who I'm addressing here, but showing up 3 days after a recruit commits with an announcement  tweet is similar level of absurdity. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Pro Tip: When you're posting a tweet that is, oh, lets say more than 12 hours old, the chances are approximately 500% that the same tweet has been posted on this board 2, maybe as many as 3 times already. It's Hayes Fawcett. You're breaking anything new here. I realize who I'm addressing here, but showing up 3 days after a recruit commits with an announcement  tweet is similar level of absurdity. 

If ltx hasn't posted his entire Twitter feed on this board (which he has sorted by top tweets, not latest) it's a failure in his mind, easy ignore

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The whole "they showin are cruits are messujj bored posts!!1" is just mind blowing to me. Some of them are close to figuring it out with the whole "our bitching about players really isn't anything that other fan bases don't do." But it's mind boggling to me that not a one of them has figured out that if we wanted to use taxaggy to negatively recruit them, all we'd need to do is show people the THOUSANDS OF INCREDIBLY RACIST POSTS on their politics board (as several others have said). Racism isn't merely tolerated on that shithole - it's encouraged.

It's just astounding that, after decades of watching aggy, their stupidity and complete lack of self-awareness can still surprise me sometimes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, campcrunk said:

The whole "they showin are cruits are messujj bored posts!!1" is just mind blowing to me. Some of them are close to figuring it out with the whole "our bitching about players really isn't anything that other fan bases don't do." But it's mind boggling to me that not a one of them has figured out that if we wanted to use taxaggy to negatively recruit them, all we'd need to do is show people the THOUSANDS OF INCREDIBLY RACIST POSTS on their politics board (as several others have said). Racism isn't merely tolerated on that shithole - it's encouraged.

It's just astounding that, after decades of watching aggy, their stupidity and complete lack of self-awareness can still surprise me sometimes. 

We don't have to show them anything on texaggy when the aggy football team has hours and hours of film showing they are a shitty program.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I’ve come to realize that it really doesn’t matter how well aggy recruits or their ranking class #.  They can’t coach them up or hang onto them.  Horns will get theirs, regardless.

I get it, but I have seen this exact post on TexAgs every year.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ve come to realize that it really doesn’t matter how well aggy recruits or their ranking class #.  They can’t coach them up or hang onto them.  Horns will get theirs, regardless.

This last class were mercenaries. Best defensive get ever, and at signing day they had no DC. They went 4-8, paid those kids, and now to the next best thing.

2 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

I get it, but I have seen this exact post on TexAgs every year.

Not sure these are actually related. Aggies were saying this while we were kicking asses 2005-2009. It's the same thing as their belief that we're all cowardly homosexuals.

I agree with Cairn's sentiment for the most part. They don't hang onto players. They had the makings of a winning team this past season and collapsed starting with App State. Just like their big victories over ranked opponents this year, their 2020 season of dominance is fool's gold.

We were bad and we knew it over most of the last dozen years. They haven't actually been much better, but you'd think they were elite by the way they mouth off. There's a five year trend of underachievement with their current coach who left his last job under a cloud. In year 5, FSU is ranked and A&M is laughing stock.

I don't fret much about their individual recruits anymore. Under the current regime, you're just dropping new meat into the shit stew; no matter the quality, it will still come out tasting like shit.

They don't play well as a team. We've started doing that. It's not easy to re-instill that culture once it's gone.

I think they're fucked no matter who they sign to end the recruiting season.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Not sure these are actually related. Aggies were saying this while we were kicking asses 2005-2009. It's the same thing as their belief that we're all cowardly homosexuals.

I agree with Cairn's sentiment for the most part. They don't hang onto players. They had the makings of a winning team this past season and collapsed starting with App State. Just like their big victories over ranked opponents this year, their 2020 season of dominance is fool's gold.

We were bad and we knew it over most of the last dozen years. They haven't actually been much better, but you'd think they were elite by the way they mouth off. There's a five year trend of underachievement with their current coach who left his last job under a cloud. In year 5, FSU is ranked and A&M is laughing stock.

It’s their culture. A tiny dick culture. 

And, they haven’t been better. We’ve beaten more P5 schools than they have over our lost seasons. We’ve beaten more FBS schools over that time, too.

They’ve beaten a lot more FCS schools, though. And they RTS, let’s not forget. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't fret much about their individual recruits anymore. Under the current regime, you're just dropping new meat into the shit stew; no matter the quality, it will still come out tasting like shit.
They don't play well as a team. We've started doing that. It's not easy to re-instill that culture once it's gone.
I think they're fucked no matter who they sign to end the recruiting season.

I believe every win in 2020 was over a team with a losing record. Maybe they beat 1 or 2 with a winning record but I do know that the combined record of victories of opposing teams was und 500.
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I believe every win in 2020 was over a team with a losing record. Maybe they beat 1 or 2 with a winning record but I do know that the combined record of victories of opposing teams was und 500.

Going off the cuff, but I think Florida(8-4) was their marquee win of the season. 

It was discussed above or in another thread... I think it was 7 coaches they faced who were either "first year" or "year they got fired".  

Edited by Mr. Mojo Risin'
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Looked up their wins again.  

Vandy 0-9

FL 8-4

MS 4-7

AR 3-7

SC 2-8

LSU 5-5

AUB 6-5

Miss 5-5-

TN 3-7

UNC 8-4

Only loss was to Bama which they got murdered, unless you want to consider the upping of Jimbo's contract at the end of the season. 

• Haha 1

image.png.0d35962967e0c9dca2abd50732a301b1.png

The world and them in it in their minds. Just one piece or play away.

spacer.png

1. We all marvel at the astute observations of Aggies: A better team will make us better. You're a fool if you don't believer this. And what is the person who thinks this is revelatory?

2. Ahh, the norm.  All at once, an admission of their norm, 8T4, and a denial of their present, 5T7. Remarkable.

3. Yes! Yes! The significantly better offense will lift them up past the norm and into the promised land and into the thinly-veiled beautiful woman's arms. O awake you magnificent winged giant from thy slumber forever!

It is truly amazing how fast they default to their norm in terms of unrealistic expectations, completely irrational takes, and false bravado simply for closing out one highly ranked guy with more red flags than Denver Harris and was committed to a school far away that lost it's entire coaching staff. Nobody of consequence was calling Reuben Owens to try and get him to flip, this was a 7 on 7 victory against air. And LOL at the "we wasted Bijan's talent" take. The dude is about to be a first round pick and we rode him to multiple wins down the stretch this season. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Also has to hurt that their OC candidates run the same Big12 offenses they have made fun of for years.

Jimbo is gonna start counting possessions in a game and he's not going to like it. He'll then tell whoever the OC is to run the ball and kill clock thus going against the philosophy of the OC. It's gonna be amazing. 

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread