Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

31 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I’m hearing Andy Reid will be stepping down as the HC of the KC Chiefs and taking a role as OC for the Aggies because he feels Weigman will be better than Mahomes based on what he has seen so far.  Also, Reid will be running the Jimbo offense because it’s the future of offenses in college and the pros. 

Coaches they are considering for OC:

Bill Walsh

John Jenkins

Andy Reid

Lincoln Riley 

It really is amazing. I always look at the Aggie’s situation, and can see a reasonable path to success. This time is no different.
They have talent, money, and a recognition they need to change something. With a few prudent moves they could right the ship. But…I’ve been seeing this for 30 years now. I simply am not creative enough to envision the ways that they will yet again eff it all up. 
That is their special charm. They're innovators of the highest order on absolute fuckery.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, utee94 said:

It's especially amusing because Kyle Field is not, and never has been, a war memorial.  While UT's DKR-TMS is, and always has been, a war memorial (but we'll let you walk on the field anyway).

Just curious, what makes a stadium an "official memorial" stadium?

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Just curious, what makes a stadium an "official memorial" stadium?

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Usually a dedication ceremony. There's a reason it was called Memorial and then Royal Memorial Stadium:
The student body dedicated the stadium in honor of the 198,520 Texans—5,280 of whom died—who fought in World War I. A statue, representing the figure of democracy, was later placed atop the north end zone seats of the stadium. In World War II, the university lost many former players, including former coach Jack Chevigny. The Athletics Council rededicated the newly enlarged stadium on September 18, 1948, prior to the Texas-LSU game, honoring the men and women who had died in the war. On November 12, 1977, a small granite monument was unveiled and placed at the base of the statue, during the TCU-Texas game. The ceremony rededicated Texas Memorial Stadium to the memory of all alumni in all American wars.

Yes, it requires an official dedication ceremony.  

The ags DO have a dedicated war memorial on their campus-- it's their student center, the MSC.  It is of course only dedicated to TAMU veterans, while our memorial stadium was originally dedicated to all Texans, and is now dedicated to all veterans of all wars.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

Yes, it requires an official dedication ceremony.  

The ags DO have a dedicated war memorial on their campus-- it's their student center, the MSC.  It is of course only dedicated to TAMU veterans, while our memorial stadium was originally dedicated to all Texans, and is now dedicated to all veterans of all wars.

UNCOVER!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

F18EC04A-6089-48A7-93C6-EA4A0B458E9E.thumb.jpeg.6cd83c9ab28c44f3e5679bb2bff48b86.jpeg

cheryl-cole-right.gif

Certifiable bullshit. Especially considering he was class of ‘04, but I guess aggies will believe anything.

From an SI article: “My uncle, he played at the University of Texas in '97, '98, four years he played there, played with Ricky Williams and all those guys. I used to go up to the spring games and stuff when I was coming up. I was such a big Texas fan. Everything was UT…I often think, [Mack] could have lied to me and I would have gone to Texas!”

I will say that Reggie McNeal was one of the most talented hs players I have ever seen in my life. Being from North Texas, I thought it was impossible that there could be a better player in the state that year. I was wrong. However, that game he had as a freshman vs OU showcased exactly what I witnessed when he was in hs. He deserved better than what Fran turned him into.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

He does know where the last game was played, right?  And the outcome?

It is his last shred of a win in this whole scenario and he is clutching tightly to it like a life raft on the titanic to show the world he didn't get absolutely clowned by the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

He does know where the last game was played, right?  And the outcome?

They deliberately left the Big 12 when they did so they got the "last word" on mean old tee yew. It was a dick move then, and it's a dick move now.

They're insecure fucktards with tiny penises and big envy. That's their enduring turdition.

• Hook 'Em 4

image.png.59ce1f1c2e38314e07b63cf3975b8050.png

For the morons at the top and bottom, it all seems to be going according to plan. They are unmoved by realism presented by fellow ags in the middle. 

We're just being selective. We can always hit the portal hard. 

And who can deny the wisdom and subtle insight of beerad man's last highlighted sentence. The key is quality. Fucking genius.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

For the morons at the top and bottom, it all seems to be going according to plan. They are unmoved by realism presented by fellow ags in the middle. 

And who can deny the wisdom and sublte insight of beerad man's last highlighted sentence. The key is quality. Fucking genius.

Man, don't you get it.

EVERYONE, and I mean fucking EVERYONE from Miami to Seattle, dreams of a life in College Station. The ags are the first choice of every stud in a portal overflowing with them. Just you watch...

57 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

And who can deny the wisdom and sublte insight of beerad man's last highlighted sentence. The key is quality. Fucking genius.

"selective"..  what does that word mean in college station?  247sports reports 245 offers from aggy.   47 Wide receivers offered!!!!  Committable or not, "selective" is not the right word here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread