Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

Yes, paying players is nothing new, and will never stop being a thing. Some schools get a little stupid with it, like Ole Miss recently, and get a spanking by the toothless NCAA. Fortunately, aggy has a history of getting cocky/arrogant/stupid with their bagmen and they are a low enough hanging fruit that they will find themselves getting spanked sooner than most. 
The thing they don't quite realize is that if they do start having a little success, their SEC brethren won't hesitate to "anonymously" point the NCAA dirt sniffers in the direction of collie station..

Of course aggy will blame it on us when it all blows up in their face, but that's a given no matter what.
  • Like 1

People may not want to hear this, but the chances of A&M or any SEC school actually facing penalties for upping the $$$ is miniscule. Unless we either A) start matching A&M or B) try to turn their bagmen in, the end result is unchanged - A&M continues to land the in-state. And they know this. So why are we complaining? A&M did this exact same sort of thing to close out the 2017 class and there's no indication they're slowing down. In fact, I'm very interested to see what happens with the Gbenda recruitment moving forward because A&M has surged with him as well.

Full disclosure, I'm not drinking the kool-aid and I don't think we'll see a massive on-field improvement this year like some people are expecting. If I'm wrong, the discussion ends here because A&M is not going to have a fun 2018 season. But if I'm right, we have to change our strategy because this picture is not sustainable if we want to get back to the top.

Cue "doomed", "panic", etc. etc.

Edited by satyanash

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Full disclosure, I'm not drinking the kool-aid and I don't think we'll see a massive on-field improvement this year like some people are expecting. If I'm wrong, the discussion ends here because A&M is not going to have a fun 2018 season. But if I'm right, we have to change our strategy because this picture is not sustainable if we want to get back to the top.

You're taking the pessimistic view? WHAT A SHOCKING DEVELOPMENT.

We do always need someone with their shit together to argue against that isn't a troll or an aggy in the March to 1000 though.

People may not want to hear this, but the chances of A&M or any SEC school actually facing penalties for upping the $$$ is miniscule. Unless we either A) start matching A&M or B) try to turn their bagmen in, the end result is unchanged - A&M continues to land the in-state. And they know this. So why are we complaining? A&M did this exact same sort of thing to close out the 2017 class and there's no indication they're slowing down. In fact, I'm very interested to see what happens with the Gbenda recruitment moving forward because A&M has surged with him as well. Full disclosure, I'm not drinking the kool-aid and I don't think we'll see a massive on-field improvement this year like some people are expecting. If I'm wrong, the discussion ends here because A&M is not going to have a fun 2018 season. But if I'm right, we have to change our strategy because this picture is not sustainable if we want to get back to the top.

Cue "doomed", "panic", etc. etc.

Don't care bout aggy, don't like seeing top Texas recruits going to blowU though.. 

Thing is, we dominated that same chart last year, but it was a heavy year for DB's and not so much for DT's and LB's, but we did ok in those areas as well.

Texas generates a series of tweets about job fairs with pictures of actual players in suits and ties testifying. 
A&M tweets a nice graph that suggests Vanderbilt is the place to be if you want to pull down a top salary and play in the SEC. He then confuses the words network and cult.
And now it occurs to me to ask, are their few black students represented in the network? I've never seen a black person going full Aggie. Has anyone else? Seems all their alumni pictures of grads humping and thumbs upping are pretty monochromatic.

“Boo Boo for Yell”

leah-knight-first-class-agency.jpg?w=100&h=150

Name: Leah Knight

Position: Media Coordinator

Hometown: Fayette, Ala.

Dream Job: To work in the world of college football recruiting

Leah Knight is the Media Coordinator for First Class Agency. She is be responsible for networking and coordinating with local media outlets to increase awareness of AKC and SOS, as well as promoting planned special events. Knight is currently an intern at Tuscaloosa Tourism and Sports Commission and is working specifically on the inaugural Tuscaloosa Half Marathon campaign. She is also an active member of the UA Student Recruitment Team.

Add 20 years, 200 lbs and sharpie eyebrows and she’s a Vic special

We knew they were going to go full FedEx.  They don't have a choice.  They have to increase revenue by 30 to 40 million to catch up and stay ahead of their payment schedule on the bonds.

In no way shape or form should we get dirty.  The blame here lies with our big cigars for allowing them to continue to feed at the AUF trough.

Cut them off.  Officially, constitutionally sever ties, cut off a piece of the UTIMCO assets, say, 10%, hand them a $100m exit parachute payment, tell them to take it or leave it, and send them on their way.

They have never been held accountable for their AUF (child support) payments, and thus, they have never been held accountable for stairs that lead to nowhere, or seats that face walls.  They left the party.  It's time for a full divorce.

It might take them twenty or thirty years to squander 10% of today's total PUF, but until we cut them off, nothing will change.

Buying 5 or 10 players a year will be impossible to stop as long as they keep their shit locked down, but it's just a small symptom of the greater macro-economic disease that we've allowed to fester in this state for a century.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

They’re going to get some stud players and do pretty well under Jimbo, but they’re still aggy.  So, there’s going to be a ceiling on (a) how many recruits will actually choose to go there instead of somewhere else that isn’t weird af, and (b) how well they can really do, regardless of the talent they acquire, before screwing it all up by doing something stupid and self-defeating.

So you are saying aggy is weird?  Fucking your sister kinda weird? Clown shoes kinda weird?  Not signing your $100 mollion contract kinda weird?  All of the above kinda weird?

6 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

We knew they were going to go full FedEx.  They don't have a choice.  They have to increase revenue by 30 to 40 million to catch up and stay ahead of their payment schedule on the bonds.

In no way shape or form should we get dirty.  The blame here lies with our big cigars for allowing them to continue to feed at the AUF trough.

Cut them off.  Officially, constitutionally sever ties, cut off a piece of the UTIMCO assets, say, 10%, hand them a $100m exit parachute payment, tell them to take it or leave it, and send them on their way.

They have never been held accountable for their AUF (child support) payments, and thus, they have never been held accountable for stairs that lead to nowhere, or seats that face walls.  They left the party.  It's time for a full divorce.

It might take them twenty or thirty years to squander 10% of today's total PUF, but until we cut them off, nothing will change.

Buying 5 or 10 players a year will be impossible to stop as long as they keep their shit locked down, but it's just a small symptom of the greater macro-economic disease that we've allowed to fester in this state for a century.

You forgot to log in as Randolph Duke. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Texas generates a series of tweets about job fairs with pictures of actual players in suits and ties testifying. 
A&M tweets a nice graph that suggests Vanderbilt is the place to be if you want to pull down a top salary and play in the SEC. He then confuses the words network and cult.
And now it occurs to me to ask, are their few black students represented in the network? I've never seen a black person going full Aggie. Has anyone else? Seems all their alumni pictures of grads humping and thumbs upping are pretty monochromatic.

I worked with a brother who was full Aggie and hit all the stereotypes. It was amazing.

1 hour ago, PNWhornsfan said:

With the way their recruiting class has started off, I'm really curious just how far ATM is pushing the envelope with bagmen this year.  If Jimbo promised a top class, how much $$$ are they planning to throw at this class?

Given how early they have started, and with the new "hires" on board and working, it appears they have no budget.  They will spend whatever they have to with anyone who will take their money.  I'm not a recruiting expert but I will be shocked if they can actually find enough takers to land a top 5 class.  However it is clear that when baggins made the #1 or #2 promise, he had been told that he had an unlimited budget.

8 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Given how early they have started, and with the new "hires" on board and working, it appears they have no budget.  They will spend whatever they have to with anyone who will take their money.  I'm not a recruiting expert but I will be shocked if they can actually find enough takers to land a top 5 class.  However it is clear that when baggins made the #1 or #2 promise, he had been told that he had an unlimited budget.

At least Ole Mi$$ was selective enough with the cash to not be THAT obvious.  Wondering if Aggy really thinks that the "Station being lit" with Jimbo and Brewster is a believable enough reason for so much recruiting momentum to where they think it won't be suspicious...

3 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

Why does everyone assume we don’t pay? 

Cause if we did, there isn't very many players that we're not getting. Recruiting is very much a relationship business.  Herman's first class is clearly the case of not paying. Took multiple years of Houston relationships being built to get that talent last cycle. No commits sight unseen like aggy. No pressure to commit like other programs.  Are we perfect? No. There are tell tell signs of players being paid by schools. 

With the way their recruiting class has started off, I'm really curious just how far ATM is pushing the envelope with bagmen this year.  If Jimbo promised a top class, how much $$$ are they planning to throw at this class?

Jimbo left no doubt what was about to happen when he publicly promised "#1 or #2 class in the country"...coaches just don't do that, and if any has in the past I'm unaware of it.

I'm pretty sure in that same presser he went on and on about "the support" from top to bottom at aggy, and we know what that means...somebody assured him bank accounts were wide open for the taking, just pick who he wants and let it be known.

Just now, ousux said:
2 hours ago, PNWhornsfan said:

Jimbo left no doubt what was about to happen when he publicly promised "#1 or #2 class in the country"...coaches just don't do that, and if any has in the past I'm unaware of it.

The only guy left with a high composite they may land ( unless someone visits randomly and commits ) is Erik Young.  Wolfe, Banks, and the Florida OL JAG's aren't going to move the needle in composite average.  I guess you could throw in Stripling.

33 minutes ago, satyanash said:

There's levels to it, you and I know

I love how you clowns ignore history for assumptions of "everyone does it". Go look at aggie/lsu/ou cheating history and tell me they are not cheaters. LSU and ou are bought in at levels aggie only dreams of which is why it's only a matter of time before current aggie cheating will be exposed then wash/rinse/repeat. ou and lsu make businesses or legal documents disappear. 

29 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The only guy left with a high composite they may land ( unless someone visits randomly and commits ) is Erik Young.  Wolfe, Banks, and the Florida OL JAG's aren't going to move the needle in composite average.  I guess you could throw in Stripling.

Might be all that's left in the budget before they fill the rest of the class with bread. 

1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

Say what ever about aggy 2019 class. If you dont have a top QB, can you really call it a win?

Didn't the kid with the manbun redshirt?  I guess technically that means they have two QB's last class...and I'm sure they'll flip some kid from Nicholls State or Louisiana-Lafayette and say that Jimbo scoured the country to find him and that everyone else will offer soon.

1 minute ago, Leanderman said:

"Just saw leah and austin being driven around campus by daylon mack on golf cart. Played the Texas fight song for them"

How could there be any room for anyone else in that golf cart with jabba mack in there?

$10 the cart now false starts 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

That's the most Daylon Mack has contributed to the program in 3 years

I wish we could do a controlled scientific test to see how he would have done at Texas, Alabama, and a few other places that offered him. Maybe K-State would be a good measure, too.

It would be nice to know if his failure to meet expectations is due to attitude/coaching or just wrong expectations.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

I believe that's coonass for Javonne Shepherd but I've never been too fluent in coonass. Maybe we can get someone who's spent way too much of their life around aggy to confirm, like @bizzle or @Walden Ponderer

The sad reality is, this form of ignorance is not unique to College Station. It happens anywhere that aggy has infested. Anyone living in the Northern Houston suburbs can testify.