Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

4 hours ago, satyanash said:

He is also a track performer who has personal bests of 109 feet 8 inches in the discus and 45 feet in the shot put this season which has garnered fourth place finishes for him in various track meets.

I'm late, so maybe somebody already quoted this, but that is the saddest qualification since achieving second team all-district as a senior.

I wrote earlier that I was impressed with Layden from his film and he's not a wasted scholarship by any means. The sadness/pathos above is more about the Aggie reporters than anything else.

Fourth place in various track meets. I managed that, and I sucked at discuss and shot put. Sometimes there were only two teams in the meet.

• Like 1

Just now, RomaVicta said:

Fourth place in various track meets. I managed that, and I sucked at discuss and shot put. Sometimes there were only two teams in the meet.

you shoulda gone to aggy. That woulda been worth 2 or 3 national championships there

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm late, so maybe somebody already quoted this, but that is the saddest qualification since achieving second team all-district as a senior.

I wrote earlier that I was impressed with Layden from his film and he's not a wasted scholarship by any means. The sadness/pathos above is more about the Aggie reporters than anything else.

Aggy routinely gets 4th place in their division so it's a badge of honor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

We kinda need some short, fat guards... Robinson is Preston's cousin so I doubt that recruitment would have gone anywhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if we pick up some interior OL with similar profiles later in the cycle.

Short OLs get moved to the inside because that's the only place they can play, that doesn't mean being short is a requirement.

We don't need short anything, we just need good players. If Hand could take all 6'5  guys, he would.

1 minute ago, Lonestar88 said:

Short OLs get moved to the inside because that's the only place they can play, that doesn't mean being short is a requirement.

We don't need short anything, we just need good players. If Hand could take all 6'5  guys, he would.

Correct. See Hudson, Angilau, Ghirmai, Bragg, and Hudson to see what we're looking for in the interior 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

aggy could have the only entry in the meet, and still come in 2nd!

Spoiler

Liucci

4:20p

Staff

AG

Welcome to the new world of recruiting at Texas A&M. You're going to battle Alabama a LOT for recruits if you haven't noticed by now. And you're going to win some and lose some...just like the Tide and everyone else recruiting at the highest level will. In the last six months alone, I'd say some of the guys that Alabama clearly wants or has wanted badly that they'd actually take a commit from (not the fake ones they throw around Texas like candy) and will have battled the Ags toe-to-toe for include Bobby Brown, Jaylen Waddle, Vernon Jackson, Christian Harris, Nakobe Dean, Dylan Wright, Kenyon Green, Javonne Shepherd, Baylor Cupp, Jalen Wydermyer, DeMarvin Leal, Demani Richardson, Brian Williams, Jeffery Carter, Erick Young,Ishmael Sopsher, and Leon O'Neal.

I'm sure I've left some off. You get the point, however. The Aggies are getting their fair share and pushing Bama hard for all of these guys, which is a pretty good indicator that Texas A&M is now recruiting with the best of the best and holding their own.

Is Bama really pushing hard for Wydermyer, or is he only listed so Looch can chalk up a win for purposes of his "you win some, you lose some" thesis?

36 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Is Bama really pushing hard for Wydermyer, or is he only listed so Looch can chalk up a win for purposes of his "you win some, you lose some" thesis?

There are probably only 2 or 3 recruits in aggys class that Bama would even take. Last year, they took everyone they wanted from aggy. This is mystifying in its timing.

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

There are probably only 2 or 3 recruits in aggys class that Bama would even take. Last year, they took everyone they wanted from aggy. This is mystifying in its timing.

aggy really thinks they worked Alabama in recruiting last cycle. Mainly because Chin Pubes pumps his normal nonsense. 

The only recruit Alabama for sure wanted last cycle was Waddle. They pretty much pushed Vernon Jackson out of their class. They kind of made of push for O'Neal but he wasn't prioritized. 

I might give A&M a H2H win for Brown. That's about it. 

Edited by texasstrong12

9 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I doubt it. Zipperer and Billingsley appear to be their top targets 

14 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

He better get around to signing that contract pretty soon then.

What is the delay?  You'd think he would sign it as fast as possible to get past the chance of somebody at aggy actually thinking about the consequences and upending it.

14 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Yeah I threw the discus 120 and I sucked

2 hours ago, Quasimofo said:

He's negotiating a performance raise. He's already got a National Championship plaque and the #2 recruiting class.

This is funny, and the best part is, it is 100% how Jimbo and his agent operate. He will be renegotiating every fucking year, or trying to.

19 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Liucci

4:20p

Staff

AG

Welcome to the new world of recruiting at Texas A&M. You're going to battle Alabama a LOT for recruits if you haven't noticed by now. And you're going to win some and lose some...just like the Tide and everyone else recruiting at the highest level will. In the last six months alone, I'd say some of the guys that Alabama clearly wants or has wanted badly that they'd actually take a commit from (not the fake ones they throw around Texas like candy) and will have battled the Ags toe-to-toe for include Bobby Brown, Jaylen Waddle, Vernon Jackson, Christian Harris, Nakobe Dean, Dylan Wright, Kenyon Green, Javonne Shepherd, Baylor Cupp, Jalen Wydermyer, DeMarvin Leal, Demani Richardson, Brian Williams, Jeffery Carter, Erick Young,Ishmael Sopsher, and Leon O'Neal.

I'm sure I've left some off. You get the point, however. The Aggies are getting their fair share and pushing Bama hard for all of these guys, which is a pretty good indicator that Texas A&M is now recruiting with the best of the best and holding their own.

That's how you sell 50,000 memberships to a bunch of rednecks. I bet the dollar general is selling out of aggy gear as we speak thanks to Luicci's post. 

1 hour ago, Sejjr said:

This is funny, and the best part is, it is 100% how Jimbo and his agent operate. He will be renegotiating every fucking year, or trying to.

This is true. It will be especially interesting when Jimbo and his agent start leaking false shit to the press about A&M, just like they did with FSU. That relationship will get interesting once he pulls that stunt.

22 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

This is true. It will be especially interesting when Jimbo and his agent start leaking false shit to the press about A&M, just like they did with FSU. That relationship will get interesting once he pulls that stunt.

It will be hard for Jimbo to find negative info about aggy that isn't true. Scott Woodward is going to be running around the offices trying to find the leak. 

Brian Perroni: Who are the most likely next A&M commits?

Texas A&M currently has 18 commitments and the No. 2-ranked recruiting class in the entire country. The Aggies are looking to close in on Alabama for the No. 1 spot and there are a few players that could help that become a reality. Whereas February was a very busy time for Jimbo Fisher and Co. in the class of 2018 after they got a late start in Aggieland, A&M is on track to be able to have the majority of its top targets on the commitment list during the season, allowing the staff to focus a lot of attention on the remaining uncommitted ones.

There are a number of players that could be close to making commitments to A&M. We take a look at those who could be considering the most likely. This is not an all-inclusive list with every potential player that could end up on the commitment list at some point. It is a look at those most likely to be making decisions in the near future – as well as a few who could surprise and do so earlier than expected.

The players at the beginning of the list would be considered the most likely of the group to end up as Aggies – and in the near future. Some of the later ones are longshots but none of them can be counted out at all. As the July dead period approaches, these are the most likely candidates to join the fold soon.

KATY MAYDE CREEK DE MARCUS STRIPLING

Marcus Stripling, the nation’s No. 146 overall prospect, has been an Aggie lean for a very long team. He has a number of friends on the current team as well as the commitment class and has seemingly been on the verge of committing to A&M a few times. The 6-foot-3, 265-pound defender has talked about wanting to take some official visits, but it would not be a surprise to see him shut things down soon.

HOUSTON MADISON CB BOBBY WOLFE

The 6-foot-1, 180-pound four-star prospect made a somewhat surprising commitment to A&M in early February but opened things up not long after. However, the Aggies are still in good shape to land Bobby Wolfe again. He plans to make his announcement on June 30 and it looks to be an A&M vs. Arkansas battle. He was in Fayetteville recently for an official visit but then made his way to College Station a few days later for an Aggie camp.

FORT BEND BUSH CB ERICK YOUNG

Erick Young has a commitment planned for the 4th of July. The nation’s No. 105 overall prospect, Young is very close friends with Wolfe and the two were in Aggieland together for the camp last week. He has already used his A&M official visit and, as of now, the only other one scheduled is to USC for this coming weekend. The Crystal Ball for the 6-foot-1, 205-pound defender is heavily in favor of the Aggies.

MANSFIELD LEGACY CB JEFFERY CARTER

Jeffery Carter recently announced a somewhat surprising top four. It included A&M, Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas. The No. 95 overall prospect did not included Oregon, to where he was seemingly close to committing recently. The 6-foot, 180-pound defender was once committed to Oklahoma and had also been close to pledging to A&M before. This is likely an Aggie/Tide battle and his choice or timeframe would not be surprising no matter what he decides to do.

BATON ROUGE (LA.) U-HIGH ATH CHRISTIAN HARRIS

Four-star athlete Christian Harris literally goes to school on the LSU campus. However, he was seen as a virtual lock to Alabama for a long time. However, after the 6-foot-1, 225-pound prospect visited Texas A&M last weekend, things are trending toward the Aggies. A&M wants Harris as a linebacker and defensive coordinator Mike Elko already knows the family, having coached his older brother Tylor at Wake Forest. He currently plans to wait until November or December to make a decision but it could definitely happen sooner.

WEST MESQUITE WR DYLAN WRIGHT

Dylan Wright does not plan to announce until the Under Armour All-American Game in early January. However, players have been known to surprise before. Once thought to be a heavy Texas lean, two recent visits to Aggieland have A&M in good shape for the 6-foot-3, 205-pounder as well. The nation’s No. 128 overall prospect is close with receivers coach Dameyune Craig.

KLEIN COLLINS RB ISAIAH SPILLER

Isaiah Spiller is an Aggie legacy as his father Fred played tight end at Texas A&M. The top running back in Texas, the 6-foot-0.5, 193-pound four-star prospect made an early commitment to Oklahoma but decommitted back in April. This one will likely come down to the Aggies and Sooners with Spiller keeping a close eye on how the new staff in College Station uses the running backs.

KATY SEVEN LAKES DE DAVID UGWOEGBU

A player that is somehow seemingly forgotten at times because he is a bit quieter than other recruits, David Ugwoegbu has a very impressive offer list and is another defender that fits into the hybrid defensive end/linebacker role. He is high on both A&M and Alabama but has not had the chance to make any trips this summer.

INDEPENDENCE C.C. DE KUONY DENG

Six-foot-6, 231-pound defender Kuony Deng began his career at VMI as a linebacker before making his way to Independence this spring. The bigger schools have yet to start offering as Texas A&M was the first Power Five program to do so after he unofficially visited over the weekend. You can bet others will follow suit, but it bodes well for the Aggies being the first team to offer. He liked what he had to hear about the hybrid role he would be used in the A&M defense.

HOUSTON NORTH FOREST OT JAVONNE SHEPHERD

There’s a chance that Javonne Shepherd announces this upcoming weekend, which was a timeline he had wanted to do for a while. If that is the case, it likely does not bode well for Texas A&M. In what has become an Aggie/Longhorn battle, the 6-foot-6, 319-pound four-star lineman is trending toward Texas after two recent official visits. He did spend Friday in Aggieland, though.

STARKVILLE (MISS.) LB ZACH EDWARDS

Zach Edwards committed to LSU in early March but the one school he says he has remained open to still is Texas A&M. The 6-foot-2, 217-pound defender built a relationship with new Aggie linebacker coach Bradley Dale Peveto when he was at Ole Miss and that relationship is why Edwards is still high on A&M. He has long talked about taking an official visit to Aggieland during the season and there was recently a new Crystal Ball prediction for A&M.

HORN LAKE (MISS.) LB NAKOBE DEAN

Five-star linebacker Nakobe Dean would be a huge pull for Texas A&M out of Mississippi but the Aggies have more of a legit shot than most people think. The nation’s No. 1 inside linebacker and No. 20 overall prospect recently unofficially visited A&M and he has family in Texas. He also wants to major in engineering, which is a big sell for the Aggies. He officially visited Alabama this past weekend and will likely make it to College Station for one during the season.

BLAIRSTOWN (N.J.) BLAIR ACADEMY DE DAVID OJABO

David Ojabo, who is new to football after arriving in New Jersey from Scotland, made an unofficial visit to Texas A&M recently while his parents were in the country. The 6-foot-4.5, 233-pound defender wants to return to College Station on an official visit when his family is back in the country this fall. The Crystal Ball is heavily in favor of Penn State, but the Aggies, Michigan and Notre Dame look like his top three.

NASHVILLE (TENN.) C.P.A. LB KANE PATTERSON

Four-star linebacker Kane Patterson has his finalists narrowed down to four schools – A&M, Alabama, Ohio State and Tennessee. He unofficially visited Columbus last week and College Station over the weekend and will see both Alabama and Tennessee in the next week or so. After that, a decision could come at any time for the 6-foot-1, 225-pound defender. The Aggies would seem to have some ground to make up, though, and his Crystal Ball has just one prediction, which is for the Tide.

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Brian Perroni: Who are the most likely next A&M commits?

Hide contents

Texas A&M currently has 18 commitments and the No. 2-ranked recruiting class in the entire country. The Aggies are looking to close in on Alabama for the No. 1 spot and there are a few players that could help that become a reality. Whereas February was a very busy time for Jimbo Fisher and Co. in the class of 2018 after they got a late start in Aggieland, A&M is on track to be able to have the majority of its top targets on the commitment list during the season, allowing the staff to focus a lot of attention on the remaining uncommitted ones.

There are a number of players that could be close to making commitments to A&M. We take a look at those who could be considering the most likely. This is not an all-inclusive list with every potential player that could end up on the commitment list at some point. It is a look at those most likely to be making decisions in the near future – as well as a few who could surprise and do so earlier than expected.

The players at the beginning of the list would be considered the most likely of the group to end up as Aggies – and in the near future. Some of the later ones are longshots but none of them can be counted out at all. As the July dead period approaches, these are the most likely candidates to join the fold soon.

KATY MAYDE CREEK DE MARCUS STRIPLING

Marcus Stripling, the nation’s No. 146 overall prospect, has been an Aggie lean for a very long team. He has a number of friends on the current team as well as the commitment class and has seemingly been on the verge of committing to A&M a few times. The 6-foot-3, 265-pound defender has talked about wanting to take some official visits, but it would not be a surprise to see him shut things down soon.

HOUSTON MADISON CB BOBBY WOLFE

The 6-foot-1, 180-pound four-star prospect made a somewhat surprising commitment to A&M in early February but opened things up not long after. However, the Aggies are still in good shape to land Bobby Wolfe again. He plans to make his announcement on June 30 and it looks to be an A&M vs. Arkansas battle. He was in Fayetteville recently for an official visit but then made his way to College Station a few days later for an Aggie camp.

FORT BEND BUSH CB ERICK YOUNG

Erick Young has a commitment planned for the 4th of July. The nation’s No. 105 overall prospect, Young is very close friends with Wolfe and the two were in Aggieland together for the camp last week. He has already used his A&M official visit and, as of now, the only other one scheduled is to USC for this coming weekend. The Crystal Ball for the 6-foot-1, 205-pound defender is heavily in favor of the Aggies.

MANSFIELD LEGACY CB JEFFERY CARTER

Jeffery Carter recently announced a somewhat surprising top four. It included A&M, Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas. The No. 95 overall prospect did not included Oregon, to where he was seemingly close to committing recently. The 6-foot, 180-pound defender was once committed to Oklahoma and had also been close to pledging to A&M before. This is likely an Aggie/Tide battle and his choice or timeframe would not be surprising no matter what he decides to do.

BATON ROUGE (LA.) U-HIGH ATH CHRISTIAN HARRIS

Four-star athlete Christian Harris literally goes to school on the LSU campus. However, he was seen as a virtual lock to Alabama for a long time. However, after the 6-foot-1, 225-pound prospect visited Texas A&M last weekend, things are trending toward the Aggies. A&M wants Harris as a linebacker and defensive coordinator Mike Elko already knows the family, having coached his older brother Tylor at Wake Forest. He currently plans to wait until November or December to make a decision but it could definitely happen sooner.

WEST MESQUITE WR DYLAN WRIGHT

Dylan Wright does not plan to announce until the Under Armour All-American Game in early January. However, players have been known to surprise before. Once thought to be a heavy Texas lean, two recent visits to Aggieland have A&M in good shape for the 6-foot-3, 205-pounder as well. The nation’s No. 128 overall prospect is close with receivers coach Dameyune Craig.

KLEIN COLLINS RB ISAIAH SPILLER

Isaiah Spiller is an Aggie legacy as his father Fred played tight end at Texas A&M. The top running back in Texas, the 6-foot-0.5, 193-pound four-star prospect made an early commitment to Oklahoma but decommitted back in April. This one will likely come down to the Aggies and Sooners with Spiller keeping a close eye on how the new staff in College Station uses the running backs.

KATY SEVEN LAKES DE DAVID UGWOEGBU

A player that is somehow seemingly forgotten at times because he is a bit quieter than other recruits, David Ugwoegbu has a very impressive offer list and is another defender that fits into the hybrid defensive end/linebacker role. He is high on both A&M and Alabama but has not had the chance to make any trips this summer.

INDEPENDENCE C.C. DE KUONY DENG

Six-foot-6, 231-pound defender Kuony Deng began his career at VMI as a linebacker before making his way to Independence this spring. The bigger schools have yet to start offering as Texas A&M was the first Power Five program to do so after he unofficially visited over the weekend. You can bet others will follow suit, but it bodes well for the Aggies being the first team to offer. He liked what he had to hear about the hybrid role he would be used in the A&M defense.

HOUSTON NORTH FOREST OT JAVONNE SHEPHERD

There’s a chance that Javonne Shepherd announces this upcoming weekend, which was a timeline he had wanted to do for a while. If that is the case, it likely does not bode well for Texas A&M. In what has become an Aggie/Longhorn battle, the 6-foot-6, 319-pound four-star lineman is trending toward Texas after two recent official visits. He did spend Friday in Aggieland, though.

STARKVILLE (MISS.) LB ZACH EDWARDS

Zach Edwards committed to LSU in early March but the one school he says he has remained open to still is Texas A&M. The 6-foot-2, 217-pound defender built a relationship with new Aggie linebacker coach Bradley Dale Peveto when he was at Ole Miss and that relationship is why Edwards is still high on A&M. He has long talked about taking an official visit to Aggieland during the season and there was recently a new Crystal Ball prediction for A&M.

HORN LAKE (MISS.) LB NAKOBE DEAN

Five-star linebacker Nakobe Dean would be a huge pull for Texas A&M out of Mississippi but the Aggies have more of a legit shot than most people think. The nation’s No. 1 inside linebacker and No. 20 overall prospect recently unofficially visited A&M and he has family in Texas. He also wants to major in engineering, which is a big sell for the Aggies. He officially visited Alabama this past weekend and will likely make it to College Station for one during the season.

BLAIRSTOWN (N.J.) BLAIR ACADEMY DE DAVID OJABO

David Ojabo, who is new to football after arriving in New Jersey from Scotland, made an unofficial visit to Texas A&M recently while his parents were in the country. The 6-foot-4.5, 233-pound defender wants to return to College Station on an official visit when his family is back in the country this fall. The Crystal Ball is heavily in favor of Penn State, but the Aggies, Michigan and Notre Dame look like his top three.

NASHVILLE (TENN.) C.P.A. LB KANE PATTERSON

Four-star linebacker Kane Patterson has his finalists narrowed down to four schools – A&M, Alabama, Ohio State and Tennessee. He unofficially visited Columbus last week and College Station over the weekend and will see both Alabama and Tennessee in the next week or so. After that, a decision could come at any time for the 6-foot-1, 225-pound defender. The Aggies would seem to have some ground to make up, though, and his Crystal Ball has just one prediction, which is for the Tide.

So basically every single 2019 player they've offered. Checks out Perroni. 

• Haha 1

Brian Perroni 66822 posts

36 minutes agoVIP

-Houston Madison cornerback Bobby Wolfe has a planned commitment date of June 30, which is coming up in less than two weeks.

The one-time Aggie pledge has things narrowed down to A&M and Arkansas, where he officially visited two weekends ago.

There is some optimism on the Arkansas side, but I still feel confident in my Crystal Ball prediction of Texas A&M. He made his way back up to campus midweek last week to watch camp and then ended up working out. He has bonded with the Aggie commits and current players and has been to College Station more times than I can count.

A&M is looking for its first corner in the class and I still firmly believe that will be Wolfe when he makes his choice known on the 30th. The Razorbacks made things interesting but, from talking to multiple people, I don’t believe it was enough to overtake the Aggies.

-Wolfe and Fort Bend Bush four-star cornerback Erick Young had long insisted that they would play together in college before backing off that stance a bit a month or two ago. For a while, it looked like they could go their separate ways.

However, I feel good about my Crystal Ball pick for A&M with him as well. He and Wolfe rode up to Aggieland together last week for the camp and Young is also close with a number of Aggie players and commits. The two guys recruiting him the hardest are actually a pair of 2020 pledges in Smart Chibuzo and Akinola Ogunbiyi.

Young does not want to tip his hand too much ahead of his USC visit this weekend – which will be his first-ever time in California – but says he pretty much already has his mind made up.

Young plans to announce his decision on July 4, with A&M and USC the only schools having received official visits.

-The other player I still think likely ends it soon is Katy Mayde Creek defensive end Marcus Stripling.

The 6-foot-3, 260-pound four-star defender has been saying he wants to take his official visits but most have seen him as a heavy Aggie lean for a while. He has seen a lot of his friends commit and there’s a good chance he decides to join them instead of letting this drag out.

Though it’s not a guarantee that he does so in the near future, I think it will happen. Even if he decides to wait, I still feel very comfortable with the A&M Crystal Ball pick.

-Over the weekend, one of A&M’s top commits was on an official to Alabama in Converse Judson defensive lineman DeMarvin Leal.

Leal has now visited both schools that he was strongly considering in addition to A&M so neither Alabama or Texas can get him on campus on official visits anymore.

Though it is never ideal to have a commit take other visits, Leal is not one A&M has been sweating much at all. They are not too worried about losing him and they have earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to matters like that.

-Though he is not close to making a decision, A&M has made up a ton of ground with 2020 Houston Austin QB Malik Hornsby. The Aggies absolutely killed his unofficial visit last weekend.

Tim Brewster is his lead recruiter and Brewster famously landed Vince Young at Texas during his early days in the game. That’s a very good pitch with Hornsby, who is also a dual-threat with a strong arm. Jimbo Fisher made a big impact on both Hornsby and his mother, too.

A&M feels very good about where it stands at the moment with its top quarterback target in the class

4 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Brian Perroni 66822 posts

36 minutes agoVIP

-Houston Madison cornerback Bobby Wolfe has a planned commitment date of June 30, which is coming up in less than two weeks.

The one-time Aggie pledge has things narrowed down to A&M and Arkansas, where he officially visited two weekends ago.

There is some optimism on the Arkansas side, but I still feel confident in my Crystal Ball prediction of Texas A&M. He made his way back up to campus midweek last week to watch camp and then ended up working out. He has bonded with the Aggie commits and current players and has been to College Station more times than I can count.

A&M is looking for its first corner in the class and I still firmly believe that will be Wolfe when he makes his choice known on the 30th. The Razorbacks made things interesting but, from talking to multiple people, I don’t believe it was enough to overtake the Aggies.

-Wolfe and Fort Bend Bush four-star cornerback Erick Young had long insisted that they would play together in college before backing off that stance a bit a month or two ago. For a while, it looked like they could go their separate ways.

However, I feel good about my Crystal Ball pick for A&M with him as well. He and Wolfe rode up to Aggieland together last week for the camp and Young is also close with a number of Aggie players and commits. The two guys recruiting him the hardest are actually a pair of 2020 pledges in Smart Chibuzo and Akinola Ogunbiyi.

Young does not want to tip his hand too much ahead of his USC visit this weekend – which will be his first-ever time in California – but says he pretty much already has his mind made up.

Young plans to announce his decision on July 4, with A&M and USC the only schools having received official visits.

-The other player I still think likely ends it soon is Katy Mayde Creek defensive end Marcus Stripling.

The 6-foot-3, 260-pound four-star defender has been saying he wants to take his official visits but most have seen him as a heavy Aggie lean for a while. He has seen a lot of his friends commit and there’s a good chance he decides to join them instead of letting this drag out.

Though it’s not a guarantee that he does so in the near future, I think it will happen. Even if he decides to wait, I still feel very comfortable with the A&M Crystal Ball pick.

-Over the weekend, one of A&M’s top commits was on an official to Alabama in Converse Judson defensive lineman DeMarvin Leal.

Leal has now visited both schools that he was strongly considering in addition to A&M so neither Alabama or Texas can get him on campus on official visits anymore.

Though it is never ideal to have a commit take other visits, Leal is not one A&M has been sweating much at all. They are not too worried about losing him and they have earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to matters like that.

-Though he is not close to making a decision, A&M has made up a ton of ground with 2020 Houston Austin QB Malik Hornsby. The Aggies absolutely killed his unofficial visit last weekend.

Tim Brewster is his lead recruiter and Brewster famously landed Vince Young at Texas during his early days in the game. That’s a very good pitch with Hornsby, who is also a dual-threat with a strong arm. Jimbo Fisher made a big impact on both Hornsby and his mother, too.

A&M feels very good about where it stands at the moment with its top quarterback target in the class

There are rumors of Tim Brewster going full on Calvin Thibodeaux in the Malik Hornsby recruitment. Pray for him.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There are rumors of Tim Brewster going full on Calvin Thibodeaux in the Malik Hornsby recruitment. Pray for him.

How wholesome!

“It just happened to turn out that way,” Thibodeaux said following Wednesday’s practice. “At the end of the day it’s about identifying talent and building relationships and just being constant in that pursuit, whether it’s texting, whether it’s Twitter. You name it. FaceTime.”

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/ou-football-what-s-led-to-calvin-thibodeaux-s-recruiting/article_46a09184-c3c2-5210-b4f6-a9062d88946e.html

8 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Tim Brewster is his lead recruiter and Brewster famously landed Vince Young at Texas during his early days in the game.

Hey! Malik why go to the school where Vince Young actually played and won a National Title when you can to The Station and have a lit time with the 50 year old man who recuited Young 15 years ago.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

This should be seen as a failure since every good Aggie knows Reggie McNeal was better.