2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

22 hours ago, texifornia said:

Their problem is the two lost starters (from a 3-7 team) were bad ones - their QB and their best defensive player. And the new QB doesn't seem to have been setting the world on fire in practice.

Grant Morgan and Jalen Catalon were our best defensive players. One was an all-american and the other might be a 1st-2nd round draft pick next year.

Jonathan Marshall was definitely our best DL though. DL is probably the biggest weakness on the team which is why we brought in 3 transfers there.

• Hook 'Em 1

Casey Thompson is showing more aggression throwing to his receivers rather than checking down, but he does go from primary read to check-down too quickly.

So do I, but for different reasons.

But in all seriousness, there is a reason for this in practice and it's the right way to practice.  Coach says he wants to limit negative plays early in the drive.  

Option 1: Quick read 1, see 2 on the way to check, 2nd and 4.

Option 2: Quick read 1, read 2, read OH SHIT SACK... 2nd & 16.

I think Casey pulls away when the pads come on. Part of me wants Card for his potential, I just don’t think he’s that guy just yet. 

It stuck out to me that Thompson is the one reported to be putting together player led workouts and all of that sort of thing. That’s the starting QB’s role
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

The next time an announcer highlights a block made by Okafor will be the first for this 6th year player. If he’s penciled in at right guard, we’re in trouble.

I'm not expecting Okafor to be anything special but the last coaching staff was terrible at getting the best players on the field. Especially the offensive line. 

Don't we have like 3-4 Thompsons on this team? I guess we're supposed to guess who said this. Not that it matters because it's a bland statement but it annoyed me a bit. 

The QBs were both doing media interviews after practice so you could probably glean from that which Thompson it was. It was obviously Emma.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, T-shirt Sip said:

Don't we have like 3-4 Thompsons on this team? I guess we're supposed to guess who said this. Not that it matters because it's a bland statement but it annoyed me a bit. 

It's from a thread of other related tweets. Jesus, dude.

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

It stuck out to me that Thompson is the one reported to be putting together player led workouts and all of that sort of thing. That’s the starting QB’s role

Well I think it's clear that Thompson is more of a leader at this point. But Card is supposedly a quieter guy and he's also only in his second year with the team, so I don't think it necessarily means much. Makes sense that Casey would be organizing until the coaches name someone.

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

THE NEW SEC (WITH OKLAHOMA, TEXAS)

East

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Florida
4. Kentucky
5. Auburn
6. Tennessee
7. South Carolina
8. Vanderbilt

West

1. Oklahoma
2. Texas A&M
3. LSU
4. Texas
5. Missouri
6. Ole Miss
7. Arkansas
8. Mississippi State

Bullshit

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Hell, why even play the games. Just give us the trophy. 

but let's not put a date on it since it is for infinity.  Also since the existence of the multiverse known, do we get to claim those championships as well?

Well I think it's clear that Thompson is more of a leader at this point. But Card is supposedly a quieter guy and he's also only in his second year with the team, so I don't think it necessarily means much. Makes sense that Casey would be organizing until the coaches name someone.

Sure, it’s not a knock on Card, but that sort of thing can be what gets a guy a nod in week 1 in a close competition

3 hours ago, T-shirt Sip said:

I was thinking the CB when i read this. 

9 hours ago, texifornia said:

I'll be at a bachelor party in Louisville with a bunch of NFL fans who scheduled all the distillery tours on Saturday. Following on Twitter instead of TV sucks, but at least I'll be drunk and won't be able to hear those assholes.

Bro. It’s 2021. How are you unable to watch on your phone?

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

Casey seems more at ease in front of the camera and I hate listening to FCB ask questions 

You can tell someone (probably his parents) coached Card on how to answer questions about the QB competition because he answers every question about it with the same platitudes/coachspeak. Did the same thing during his media availability in April.

Edited by Big Woodrows

54 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Good interview.  Casey seems like a great kid and a natural leader.  The opposite of Rattler.  I hope he has a crazy year and wins the heisman because fuck OU.  Best case scenario is Casey has a great year goes NFL and then Card takes over.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1