Week 0- Hawai'i @ UCLA

Sbbruin

I sometimes think to myself, "being a Texas fan has kinda sucked the past 10 years" then I think about my dad being a UCLA fan for the past 40 years and remember it could be worse. A lot worse. My prediction is UCLA goes 6-6 this year, fires Kelly, and hires another coach who will also always go 6-6.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, mvlonghorns said:

I sometimes think to myself, "being a Texas fan has kinda sucked the past 10 years" then I think about my dad being a UCLA fan for the past 40 years and remember it could be worse. A lot worse. My prediction is UCLA goes 6-6 this year, fires Kelly, and hires another coach who will also always go 6-6.

Their cheerleaders more than make-up for their football deficiencies.  Plus they kicked our ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Yeah, it's a day early, but fuck it.  I just bought tix 10 mins ago as I decided to cough up my season seats this year.  And bought tix for LSU next week.  If I don't kick the habit, I may have made a terrible mistake.

Bruins return 10 starters on each side of the ball.  QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson is in his 4th year as starter (although split starts as a freshman).  Chip Kelly is 10-21 thorough his first 3 seasons.  Bruins SHOULD be vastly improved, but have underachieved so massively under Kelly it's hard to get excited.  BUT IT'S TIME FOR FOOTBALL, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  First live game in 2 years.  Let's go!!!

spacer.png

They let you take your sail boat in the stadium?

2 hours ago, mvlonghorns said:

A46AC0CF-8BE3-4150-9926-B09995315F6F.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

@Sbbruin I expect a big year from you cats.  You'll whip up on Hawaii, and I'm calling LSU a tossup.

DTR has been pretty good, and I expect him to be really good.  I think your run game will be solid too. 

I'm on the UCLA bandwagon.  I see huge strides this year. 

The thing that excites me is five very solid O-line starters returning.  It all starts there.  And Sean Rhyan (LT) will be a 2nd round pick at worst.  Give DTR time, and open a few holes for Brown and Charbonet and good things can happen.  D should be  solid if not spectacular.  Of course the LSU game will tell us everything.  Unless we lose tomorrow and it’s back to baseball before we even get off the ground.

8 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

So far he’s thrown nothing but eephus pitches.

Which is weird given the resources available to him in the LA area. USC and UCLA should have a fence around Southern Cal in recruiting. If Chip had gone straight from Oregon to UCLA his name would carry a lot of weight in the livingroom, but he had that lackluster stint that rubbed the shine off of him.

Edited by Thatguy

2 hours ago, mdleast said:

That’s great to hear! He also did a second video chiding anyone who would be foolhardy enough to give up their season tickets THIS year of all years…

I’ll probably spend more scalping to most games than if I had just bought my seats.  But my seat mate, the boy, just turned 18 and he and I have been going since he was 4.  But too many conflicts to make them all, and I was really getting chapped at the 7-8:00pm kickoffs that I didn’t want to be handcuffed into going to games like week 3 against Fresno St at 7:30.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

I’ll probably spend more scalping to most games than if I had just bought my seats.  But my seat mate, the boy, just turned 18 and he and I have been going since he was 4.  But too many conflicts to make them all, and I was really getting chapped at the 7-8:00pm kickoffs that I didn’t want to be handcuffed into going to games like week 3 against Fresno St at 7:30.

From the looks of it, they’ll let you walk in if you agree to buy 1 beer or soda.