Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, sportsbay said:

Stupid subject.  Thits team is not good.  That's on the turtle.  It's time to process some of these fuckers and bring in some new blood.

You really think having talent will fix how stupid and shitty Sark is as a head coach? He will be as shitty as Tom and Charlie. Hell, at least they had some success at some point in their head coaching career. Sark is just a loser as a head coach.

But to answer the question, no, Sark is not a fraud. A fraud is deceiving someone. Sark didn't do this. He's always been a dumb ass as a head coach. But we went the lazy route and plucked the OC from Bama, really thinking this would translate to being the HC at Texas.

Fraud? No. It's not Sark. Even if he went 6-6, it's not like his past HC gigs pointed to anything else. If he's better than that, great. 

This program is a fraud. The fake turf, Longhorn Network, put on a carnival outside the stadium instead of focusing on a winning football program, Jetpack guy, 6% blended increase, Salt-n-Pepa playing before the game, bullshit. Let's expand our stadium with a big Longhorn in the endzone seating that looks tacky and never has anybody sit there instead of building a program that wins on the field.

This team is such a parallel with the city of Austin itself. It used to be cool, have culture, and do good things. Now we're a bachelorette party with the girls wearing boots and cowboy hats and talking about how they are so Texas.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

Just now, usmc0331horn said:

You're assuming he's had a good track record as a head coach which he obviously hasn't. Why Texas keeps hiring these dopes is beyond me. You've gotta have an entirely different level of head coach for this job.

But who?  They don't grow on trees.  There were no clear choices after Meyer and he looks like a walking meltdown in hindsight.

We're destined to be Stanford.  The "good ol days" aint coming back.

7 minutes ago, Blotto said:

image.png.66c698cf24546f16b1e84b188ad1b07b.png

In his ever-so-slight defense, the 2008 Washington Huskies went 0-12 as Tyrone Willingham completed the process of crashing that program into the side of the mountain. Sark built them back from ashes. 

But he could never elevate them above respectable.

Edited by aggie08

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

But who?  They don't grow on trees.  There were no clear choices after Meyer and he looks like a walking meltdown in hindsight.

We're destined to be Stanford.  The "good ol days" aint coming back.

It's not my job to give a shit about who. Others get paid millions to figure that out yet they keep hiring pathetic losers.

Texas has been pussified for the last 6 years. When I see SARK’s face on the sidelines I see disbelief as to how we could be this shitty with all the talent we have. I can’t put all the blame on SARK, it takes time, YEARS to fix a totally fucked up program. 

Edited by US183
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just considering where we'd be with Urbz.  Probably not much better.

The loss today is on the Head Coach, though.  Defense stepped up.  Head Coach has a QB problem, an OL problem, a WR problem and his system can't and won't fix it.  But he keeps pressing the buttons he thinks will work, but his football machine is broken.  He keeps pounding the buttons, but gets no response.  Get a new football machine for 2021, Sark.  You have some parts, many of them substandard or flat out busted, but you do have some parts.

He could eventually recruit his way out of it, but that was some Greg Davis shit today.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, sportsbay said:

Stupid subject.  Thits team is not good.  That's on the turtle.  It's time to process some of these fuckers and bring in some new blood.

Nope, the turtle isn’t coach anymore and he left Sark with plenty of talent , a hell of a lot more than what Strong left turtle. Sark is going to start feeling the heat and deservedly so, and the defensive coach choice of his is now highly questionable.

Sark a fraud?  Too early to be sure.  But, other than ‘05 and ‘09, Texas football has been one for a long time.

Perennially overrated and still living off of DKR’s achievements.  Then, there’s the false security of MB’s string of 10-win seasons, all the while conveniently forgetting we have been and continue to be Oklahoma’s bitch since Switzer. We are King of the Holiday and Alamo Bowls, so we got that much …

Only thing changing is the calendar.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I need another recruiting class tbh. I’m typically not a fan of the Charlie Weis recruiting method of “our players suck, so come here and start” but that might be where we’re at.  Campbell, Stewart, & Harris could all legitimately start next year.

Yeah, Sark may be the guy, may not be. I honestly don't know. Figure by the end of next year we will know for sure. I'm not calling for his head. But the program itself certainly needs work.

6 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I need another recruiting class tbh. I’m typically not a fan of the Charlie Weis recruiting method of “our players suck, so come here and start” but that might be where we’re at.  Campbell, Stewart, & Harris could all legitimately start next year.

We have 2 soft white OL commits from the suburbs lol

Edited by 6th Street
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Sark a fraud?  Too early to be sure.  But, other than ‘05 and ‘09, Texas football has been one for a long time.

Perennially overrated and still living off of DKR’s achievements.  Then, there’s the false security of MB’s string of 10-win seasons, all the while conveniently forgetting we have been and continue to be Oklahoma’s bitch since Switzer. We are King of the Holiday and Alamo Bowls, so we got that much …

Aren’t we like 12 or something games over OU h2h and have more wins? OU is the biggest fraud program in CFB tbh. They played in the shitty Big 8 where they only had to beat Corn aggy to win a championship. 

5 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

agree 

Aren’t we like 12 or something games over OU h2h and have more wins? OU is the biggest fraud program in CFB tbh. They played in the shitty Big 8 where they only had to beat Corn aggy to win a championship. 

Perception is everything and as of today they have 2 overall top picks players getting drafted in the 1st round and 4 straight wins in the shootout

Edited by Coach pop a bitch

9 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Why are you under the impression that’s unique to our fanbase?

Jesus Christ. What other major football program has had the head coach turnover (most warranted) we’ve had in the past 10 years? Just saying give it more than a year before trying to move on to…uhhh…????

• Hook 'Em 3

From the Daily Texan:  “Texas leads the all-time series 62–48–5, but the Longhorns are 7–13 in the last 20 matchups and 1–4 in the last five matchups against the Sooners.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Jesus Christ. What other major football program has had the head coach turnover (most warranted) we’ve had in the past 10 years? Just saying give it more than a year before trying to move on to…uhhh…????

Nick Saban was the 6th Alabama coach hired between 1997 and 2007. Dan Mullen is the 5th Florida head coach in the last 9 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Nick Saban was the 6th Alabama coach hired between 1997 and 2007. Dan Mullen is the 5th Florida head coach in the last 9 years.

Re posting this from the other Sark thread.

I am not a Sark apologist but the talent on this team sucks, period.  You could have Saban, Meyer, Swinney and Belichick all on the coaching staff and guess what, the O line would still suck, the WR’s would still not be able to catch the ball or break away and the QB would be mediocre at best.  Bijan would still be incredible no matter who the coach is.  It is hard to call an offense when you can’t run or pass block.  I have watched plenty of Patriots games over the last 20 years and even Belichick and Brady at QB looked like shit when the O line was horrific.   The Horns line is the worst I have seen in my 30 plus years watching this team.   The D is just as bad when it comes to talent.  Maybe just maybe they can’t tackle or take good angles not because of the coaches but because they are slow, weak and not that talented overall.  Show me the players on D that would start at any Top 25 school in the country?  Show me the offensive players on this team that would start at any Top 25 school in the country.  Bet you can count the number on one hand and if you take Bijan out of the equation there may not be any.  Think about that for a second.  Not a handful of players that would start for any other top teams but we expect Sark to magically make them good?  Now if Sark doesn’t bring in better payers in the next 12 months then yes, he sucks and will be fired after 3-4 years.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

So the greatest coach ever and the coach of a Florida team who is also 4-3 and unranked after today…what’s your point exactly? 

• Hook 'Em 1

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?