Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?

BurntOrange&White

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Wide receiver is wide open and Casey misses him. Sark's fault. Multiple in hand drops by receivers. Sarks fault. Bijan can't seem to pick up a block. Again Sark's fault. Casey not seeing wide open guys. Sark's fault. If this shit is continuing next year or forward then yes, but at this point what we are seeing is a culmination of things up to this point. Guys are in position to make plays and just are folding under the pressure.

Putting people into positions they cannot execute is not good coaching.   

Sark pulled Card during Arkansas and yet has put a long leash for Casey, even when Casey was injured he chose to play him over Card, which was a huge fucking mistake. 

He is losing games because no one gives a shit if the receivers are open, they can't catch the fucking ball.  Surely there are some back-up DBs or TEs that can do the damn job better than this group.  Hell, Foster has better hands than every single WR outside of Worthy.   

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

Sark pulled Card during Arkansas and yet has put a long leash for Casey, even when Casey was injured he chose to play him over Card, which was a huge fucking mistake. 

He is losing games because no one gives a shit if the receivers are open, they can't catch the fucking ball.  Surely there are some back-up DBs or TEs that can do the damn job better than this group.  Hell, Foster has better hands than every single WR outside of Worthy.   

I think getting WRs wide ass open is good coaching.  He's not sending them over the middle to get pounded by Troy Polamalu.

If they can't catch a wide ass open pass then that's not really coaching in my opinion and it doesn't make me want new coaches.  It makes me want WR recruits that can literally catch a wide open pass.

Also the QB throwing it out of bounds on bad footwork that a middle school QB knows to step into is not bad coaching.

This is all bad execution.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Herman lol. The guy who lost to Maryland twice? Beat Kansas by two points after giving up 48 points? Never beat tcu, 1-5 against blOwU? Struggled with West Virginia, ok state and Baylor? What the fuck are y’all talking about in here? Without a QB built for his system like Sam was…you mother fuckers think Casey or card finish the season as battering rams and we win more games? Holy shit. Close this thread. Lulz 

Herman isn’t our standard. But neither is this dumb fuck. 

One Yard. 

3 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

Why go to any game at this point?  You enjoy this?  Don’t support these loser coaches being paid millions to get…

One yard. 

Yeah this shit isn't fun. College football Saturdays in the fall used to be sacred. Watching this fuckery week in, week out is exhausting. 

Best thing to do is either find a second team to root for or go play golf, go hiking, fishing, etc instead of wasting 3.5 hrs on this.

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Expecting Casey Thompson to hit a wide open Worthy running down the sideline is asking him to do something he can’t execute? When he has already done it earlier in the game and several other times this season?

Hitting Joshua Moore in the hands with a lollipop TD pass is something that Moore can’t be expected to execute? Again, he’d already done it earlier in the game. 

If we connect on those two plays we lead 28-10 going into halftime and are up 35-10 halfway through the third quarter. Baylor then has to depend on the arm of Gerry Bohanon to come back from 4 scores down, and Sark never makes that stupid fake punt call. 

I don’t know if Sark is the guy long term, but those were great calls that our players should be expected to execute. It’s not asking a lot. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

We have a really good running back, a really good receiver although still a freshman and nothing else but Sark can make our jag QB actually look really good at times but there's no way to stay consistently good with this group. We are going to have serious ups and downs.

The fucking defense though, I just don't see anything there that gives any kind of hope for the future with this DC.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Yeah this shit isn't fun. College football Saturdays in the fall used to be sacred. Watching this fuckery week in, week out is exhausting. 

Best thing to do is either find a second team to root for or go play golf, go hiking, fishing, etc instead of wasting 3.5 hrs on this.

I get the sentiment, I really do. But isn't this the definition of being a fair weather fan? 

7 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

Why go to any game at this point?  You enjoy this?  Don’t support these loser coaches being paid millions to get…

One yard. 

In 2004 with a talented roster and Vince young at QB we picked off Jason white 2 times and scored 0 points. We gave up 220 yards rushing to Peterson but held them to 12 points. Did you have a gun in your mouth then too? Couple dipshit coaching decisions from a national championship game lol. But when the dipshits win consistently you’re cool with them right? We should have won 10 big 12 titles with Mack. Went to at least 4 title games. Those are distant complaints now bro. We are 9 years removed from being mad about losing a game while ranked top 5 lol. Get off your high horse and understand that we are mid tier jerk offs now. We suck until we don’t. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

In 2004 with a talented roster and Vince young at QB we picked off Jason white 2 times and scored 0 points. We gave up 220 yards rushing to Peterson but held them to 12 points. Did you have a gun in your mouth then too? Couple dipshit coaching decisions from a national championship game lol. But when the dipshits win consistently you’re cool with them right? We should have won 10 big 12 titles with Mack. Went to at least 4 title games. Those are distant complaints now bro. We are 9 years removed from being mad about losing a game while ranked top 5 lol. Get off your high horse and understand that we are mid tier jerk offs now. We suck until we don’t. 

Ugh. It member that game. Sophomore year.    Nightmares still.  

shitshow.  the hotel “overbooked” so we had to last minute book at a budget motel north of Dallas for triple the cost of our original reservation. 

being broke college kids we had no money left after the game so we headed back to Austin.  Hungry, but poor we stopped at a CICIs pizza where the cashier mocked us for getting shutout.
I, being a youthful sunshine pumper that I was responded: “I’m just happy we kept it within two touchdowns”.  

yuck.  

54 minutes ago, burdine said:

Also the QB throwing it out of bounds on bad footwork that a middle school QB knows to step into is not bad coaching.

This is all bad execution.

Yeah that effort by Casey on the terrible pass thrown out of bounds to a wide open WR was just horrible...  😠

52 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Expecting Casey Thompson to hit a wide open Worthy running down the sideline is asking him to do something he can’t execute? When he has already done it earlier in the game and several other times this season?

Hitting Joshua Moore in the hands with a lollipop TD pass is something that Moore can’t be expected to execute? Again, he’d already done it earlier in the game. 

If we connect on those two plays we lead 28-10 going into halftime and are up 35-10 halfway through the third quarter. Baylor then has to depend on the arm of Gerry Bohanon to come back from 4 scores down, and Sark never makes that stupid fake punt call. 

I don’t know if Sark is the guy long term, but those were great calls that our players should be expected to execute. It’s not asking a lot. 

There is more to coaching than playcalling. It’s called teaching the fundamentals in practice.

guess what. That’s also coaching. 

Stark might be a great play caller. Which is nice. 

id much rather a great head coach. 

One Yard. 

Hardly a fraud. We hired a guy known as 7 win Steve for fucks sake. This is his damn MO. If you buy a fucking Honda, good luck trying to return it 9 months later because it’s not a Porsche. He's probably another Muschamp. Decent Really good coordinator on teams loaded with talent(USC, Bama) , not much evidence he can succeed as a HC. 
Edited for accuracy  

I’d long for Muschamp breathing fire on the sidelines and scaring the shit out of players. Having DCs sip coffee in the press box while their players get their shit pushed in, is disappointing. A Sark/Muschamp pairing would have been nice.

1 minute ago, ONE YARD said:

There is more to coaching than playcalling. It’s called teaching the fundamentals in practice.

guess what. That’s also coaching. 

Stark might be a great play caller. Which is nice. 

id much rather a great head coach. 

One Yard. 

Again, these plays are ones that the players in question have demonstrated they can execute. They just didn’t on those two occasions and it made a difference in this ball game. 

I think it makes a difference if nothing is really working and we need to burn it down and then nuke it from orbit to be sure.

Or if some things are working, like playcalling and offensive game plan, with other things not working.  

The way forward is different.

The defensive staff may need to be nuked from orbit yet though.

Just now, burdine said:

I think it makes a difference if nothing is really working and we need to burn it down and then nuke it from orbit to be sure.

Or if some things are working, like playcalling and offensive game plan, with other things not working.  

The way forward is different.

The defensive staff may need to be nuked from orbit yet though.

all except Bo Davis maybe Gideon just because...

on the fake punt.  It is just mind numbingly stupid.  your punter is not going to run for 11 yards on 4th down.   there should be NO option to run there.  you either pass it or punt the ball.

we had one TO so you don't have an option to call a TO if the look is bad.  you also tell the punter he can just let the time run out if he wants.  you risked the whole game on a fake punt because you didn't trust your DC.

he's a fucking idiot.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

nobody ever said this was an A+ staff.  yes it wasn't G5 Houston staff or the combo G5/failed P5 staff.  Sark isn't even an A as a head coach, he's a B-.  Bo Davis and Banks seem to be A recruiters.  no one really knows about Flood away from Bama and the rest of the staff is pretty meh.

just because it was better than the previous disasters doesn't mean it is A+.  this is how we suck for 4 years and then fire.  we think we have an A+ staff.  Sark as the head coach needs to be looking to upgrade in a lot of spots.  That is his responsibility and the one thing he can control fully.

Lulz revisionist history AF. Everyone was saying this was an A-/A+ staff. Everyone was drooling over PK and said that was a slam dunk hire. Only question marks were Blake & Terry Joseph as DBs coach. 

Just now, A’Dam Psycho said:

Lulz revisionist history AF. Everyone was saying this was an A-/A+ staff. Everyone was drooling over PK and said that was a slam dunk hire. Only question marks were Blake & Terry Joseph as DBs coach. 

now its A-?  when you gonna move down to B+?  Everyone?  not me.  and those people were stupid. he's a PAC12 DC.

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I will just say this. This roster lacks talent and has major holes. The coaches have also made plenty of mistakes. My biggest issue is the team is 4-4 after 8 weeks and I believe only 2 starters have been benched. I get it there at depth issues, but there are players showing a lack of effort every week. I would rather see a freshmen run around and make mistakes, than watch upperclassmen loafing. That to me is the biggest error Sark has made 

Lack of talent? Holy fuck. Apparently not one, but two top 3 fucking recruiting classes the last four cycles wasn't enough, eh? Ok, the recruiting on the OL was lackluster, but the rest of the roster should be rock solid.

texasrecruiting.jpg

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

Herman lol. The guy who lost to Maryland twice? Beat Kansas by two points after giving up 48 points? Never beat tcu, 1-5 against blOwU? Struggled with West Virginia, ok state and Baylor? What the fuck are y’all talking about in here? Without a QB built for his system like Sam was…you mother fuckers think Casey or card finish the season as battering rams and we win more games? Holy shit. Close this thread. Lulz 

All of this! I seriously hate our fanbase sometimes. Herman is not better than Sark and anyone that thinks this doesn’t know football.

on the fake punt.  It is just mind numbingly stupid.  your punter is not going to run for 11 yards on 4th down.   there should be NO option to run there.  you either pass it or punt the ball.
we had one TO so you don't have an option to call a TO if the look is bad.  you also tell the punter he can just let the time run out if he wants.  you risked the whole game on a fake punt because you didn't trust your DC.
he's a fucking idiot.

No option to run? You gotta be smarter than this.

Dicker panicked and chose to run, there was no blocking for a run option. He should have punted if he didn’t think the pass was there.

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

No option to run? You gotta be smarter than this.

Dicker panicked and chose to run, there was no blocking for a run option. He should have punted if he didn’t think the pass was there.

you gotta be smarter than this.  Dicker should be told you can not run.  I'm gonna bet he wasn't.  there is always an option to run off the fake punt, no special teams coordinator would ever draw up a play that has no option for run, but situationally you have to tell the punter its throw or kick when it is 4th and 11.

the bigger problem is the coach even giving a fucking punter any option to fake in that situation.  he's a damn punter for a reason.

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

lol. I hate to break it to you, but Sark has already lost to all of those teams with the exception of WVU....but give that some time I wouldn't count on Sark beating the mighty Neers.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Chad said:

Lack of talent? Holy fuck. Apparently not one, but two top 3 fucking recruiting classes the last four cycles wasn't enough, eh? Ok, the recruiting on the OL was lackluster, but the rest of the roster should be rock solid.

texasrecruiting.jpg

talent is not the reason this team is 4-4 in a shitty big 12 conference with a blowout loss to the bottom dweller in the SEC West.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Chad said:

texasrecruiting.jpg

How many players have left? How many upper classmen LB are on the roster that Texas recruited? There is more to talent than looking up a recruiting ranking from 4 years ago. My biggest pet peeve with rankings is it does not look at the composition, just the overall collection on talent.  If you don’t think there are holes on this roster, you haven’t been watching 

Edited by Codaxx

texasrecruiting.jpg.917ec308ee3260f5317011e367aba117.jpg

The 2019 #3 ranked class is one of the worst we’ve had in a while.
The 2018 class was also pretty meh, but many of those guys are starting and playing meh. Surprisingly, the 2017 transition class had a pretty solid impact because of guys like tq graham, Sam, Cosmi, and Kerstetter maybe others.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

you gotta be smarter than this.  Dicker should be told you can not run.  I'm gonna bet he wasn't.  there is always an option to run off the fake punt, no special teams coordinator would ever draw up a play that has no option for run, but situationally you have to tell the punter its throw or kick when it is 4th and 11.

the bigger problem is the coach even giving a fucking punter any option to fake in that situation.  he's a damn punter for a reason.

Sark in the postgame said he had the option to run then called it out for his blockers. Just insanely fucking stupid 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

I get the sentiment, I really do. But isn't this the definition of being a fair weather fan? 

11 years in? I don’t think so.

This is the equivalent of repeatedly flipping on a light switch and getting a jolt of electricity to your nutsack. If you don’t eventually get tired of that, you’re the idiot. 

This isn’t 3A football or FBS football. We either care enough to win or we don’t. We spend millions upon millions upon millions of dollars for something other than winning at this point. That’s not what I’m here for.

My metric of success is not how much revenue we generate. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

How many players have left? How many upper classmen LB are on the roster that Texas recruited? There is more to talent than looking up a recruiting ranking from 4 years ago. My biggest pet peeve with rankings is it does not look at the composition, just the overall collection on talent.  If you don’t think there are holes on this roster, you haven’t been watching 

Stop making excuses. The majority of the players that have transferred haven't done dick and that's a fact. Ingram has been okay at USC, but that doesn't mean much considering Bijan is 100x better. A lot of big time programs suffer numerous transfers and it doesn't seem to slow them down, we did inherit a 5 star LB and 4 star RB from Bama, correct?

15 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

All of this! I seriously hate our fanbase sometimes. Herman is not better than Sark and anyone that thinks this doesn’t know football.

Tom Herman 54-22  top 10 finishes 2

Steve Sarkisian 50-39 None(2 top 25 finishes of 21 and 25)

I think Bill Parcells might have something to say

22 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Lulz revisionist history AF. Everyone was saying this was an A-/A+ staff.

No, everyone was not. I was beyond pissed, almost disconsolate, that we hired such a failure. The rest of the staff, I was mostly fine with, but the head coach? Not in the least. 

1 minute ago, Chad said:

Stop making excuses. The majority of the players that have transferred haven't done dick and that's a fact. Ingram has been okay at USC, but that doesn't mean much considering Bijan is 100x better. A lot of big time programs suffer numerous transfers and it doesn't seem to slow them down, we did inherit a 5 star LB and 4 star RB from Bama, correct?

Did you read what I said. I didn’t make excuses, you are hanging on to 1 part of my statement and are dead fucking wrong. If you think LB group is talented , you have no idea what you are watching. If you don’t see the lack of talent of the edges of the defense, you are blind. Feel free to talk to me about the 4 and 5 star edge players on the defense. 

• Rage+1 1

It’s because somehow we as fans are being conditioned to believe losses are our fault. I have never felt that way. Will never feel that way. I told myself after OU to relax more and not let it get to me except during the actual game. I’m fresh out of hot takes for why we can’t be the program many of us have the right to expect us to be. At this point I am just searching for spirit and fire and fundamentals and all that shit was pretty much lacking across the board today. Save for a few players. I don’t get paid millions to fix whatever fuckery is going on but I damn sure ain’t gonna blame myself. I have no influence just an internet connection and a keyboard. At least, thank goodness we have this outlet.  But watching us play is not having the ability to taste food and being at one of the best restaurants in town. If I had kids I’d be carving pumpkins or watching movies or whatever. That’s for damn sure. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Did you read what I said. I didn’t make excuses, you are hanging on to 1 part of my statement and are dead fucking wrong. If you think LB group is talented , you have no idea what you are watching. If you don’t see the lack of talent of the edges of the defense, you are blind. Feel free to talk to me about the 4 and 5 star edge players on the defense. 

baylor beat us with 4 and 5 stars on the edges?

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Chad said:

texasrecruiting.jpg

Have you ever gone through those classes and compared them to the roster we have right now? Lulz. Go ahead and find me all those rock solid contributors. We will all wait with gleeful anticipation as you name off bust after bust after transfer after transfer. This is a depressing game to play but seriously check into it. Before you do…google longhorn nfl players. That should eliminate a large chunk of your argument almost immediately lmao. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Yeah, it cracks me up.  The main criticism at this point is:  Herman never blew a _______ lead.  Herman also never GOT a ______ lead.  And this with at least slightly more functional offensive line and other components.

• Hook 'Em 1

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?