Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

fuck, I'd take Franklin in a heartbeat.  the guy has won 11 games 3 times and won....wait for it....9 games at Vanderbilt....wait for it....TWICE.

10-9 in the last 2 seasons and looks to be on a downward trajectory. 

He’s better than Sark but he’s not solving anything long-term. Just another mediocre hire. 

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

10-9 in the last 2 seasons and looks to be on a downward trajectory. 

He’s better than Sark but he’s not solving anything long-term. Just another mediocre hire. 

he's at Penn State.  that place is going to be Nebraska soon.  its in the middle of nowhere and was all Joe Pa.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

he's at Penn State.  that place is going to be Nebraska soon.  its in the middle of nowhere and was all Joe Pa.

“Lets hire the guy that’s 10-9 the last 2 seasons and who Penn State fans want to fire” doesn’t exactly get me excited. 

This is the problem. Every coach has major warts. 

I would take Traylor over Franklin. Lower floor but higher ceiling. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

5 hours ago, mhsurly95 said:

Pretty much spot on.  A program with our resources really ought to be able to hire someone with some skins on the wall.  When Mack took the job at least he was challenging perennial # 1 FSU for ACC titles.   Strong was hired based on his success at Louisville but they weren't even playing in a real football conference during that time.   Herman's years at UH were mostly all hype, 1 really good season in a weak football conference.   Only just 5-6 years ago Sark was showing up drunk at work.  Wat da fuq were they thinking?

DKR was heavily involved in hiring Mack.  these people are fucking idiots at Texas.  they don't know shit.  none of them have ever played football. they can't even read wikipedia.  there was no reason to hire Steve Sarkisian unless your goal was to win 7 games.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Why don't you just take next year off and come back when we have a new coach

I’ve taken the last 2 weeks off. Haven’t watched a second of Texas football. My Saturdays have been great. I’m not gonna start back until CDC cleans house. 

I’m fine with CDC as AD. He had no say in hiring Sark.  Let him hire the next guy. Our boosters suck at picking coaches. 

18 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I don’t think Texas will make any staff changes this year. But I have money a ton more of You will be on the train when nothing changes because sark just isn’t a good coach. And then by year 3 he will get fired. If anything happened before then I would be shocked. Pleasantly shocked but shocked.

I don't think there are "a ton" of people left who don't want him shitcanned as soon as possible. Maybe Thatguy and one or two others.

I am one that thinks we need consistency but I also think having the wrong guy hired and thinking maybe he will get it right in year 5 is worse. I was pissed after the ou meltdown and thought it was just one game. He showed his true colors that game and it’s gotten worse every single week.

I don’t even think they will fire PK and if any change is made it will be because a position coach decided to take another job and maybe they will force that behind the scenes. 

7 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I am one that thinks we need consistency but I also think having the wrong guy hired and thinking maybe he will get it right in year 5 is worse. I was pissed after the ou meltdown and thought it was just one game. He showed his true colors that game and it’s gotten worse every single week.

I don’t even think they will fire PK and if any change is made it will be because a position coach decided to take another job and maybe they will force that behind the scenes. 

He is a lame duck after last night. Recruiting is fucked for the foreseeable future--not that it really matters, because he can't coach for shit anyway. He seriously might be worse than Charlie. I didn't think it was possible, but here we are. Whoever is actually running the show just needs to admit they fucked up and rip the band aid off.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I mean it's common sense. Why would a coach on the way up take this job where they didn't even give a guy more than 12 months to turn around a bad culture and losing program? What message does that say to the soft ass spoiled players that they can stick around and suck and it just gets the coaches fired? No coach worth a shit would want to risk ruining their reputation here. 

We'd be choosing between no names and has beens who just want to cash in big one last time before riding off into the sunset. 

Who do you think we just hired?

He was under .600 as a HC with a sample of 80 fucking games.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1

If you think he needs to be fired and you're off the wagon you're just gonna have to wait. It's just not happening this year, even if we all have that consensus.

For me it's just pure disappointment. Never did i imagine such a disaster, even under worst case scenario. This program is truly rotten. Who would even wanna come coach here now? We're getting to the point where this isn't even a desirable job anymore.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Not if the message is managed properly. The AD needs the message to be 1) the culture and players are inadequate and 2) we believe in Sark to fix it. It's what he's here to do. 

That gives Sark the ability to recruit his type of guys to build something and early playing time for those who show out. Can point to Worthy as an example. Also a top QB can feel comfortable committing here if he feels he's the guy and Sark will be around for the build. It's crucial the messaging is correct. 

3) Don't believe what you see with your own eyes

• Like 1

I was born and raised in Austin, multi generational ATX family. My Mother got her Ph.D from the school and did research there. All my Aunts went there. My grandmother was a Tri Delt.  We’ve all bleed burnt Orange for decades. 

My son is applying to a bunch of D1 programs, and once he picks a school, I’m dropping this box of steaming shit and getting a new team. 

42 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I’m not blaming 7 loss Steve for Card.  He also sucks and should stick to 7 on 7 because he loses his shit whenever there is even a hint of pressure.

You absolutely should.

A. He wanted to start the season with Card at QB1.

B. It’s his job to coach QBs up. That isn’t happening with Card. At all.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, lilMAC25 said:

You absolutely should.

A. He wanted to start the season with Card at QB1.

B. It’s his job to coach QBs up. That isn’t happening with Card. At all.

Sadly have to cut Sark a "little" slack here as all he had was watching our QBs go to work against our defense. Who knew how bad our defense really was going to be. EVERY QB has looked great against our defense this year. It would be really hard to pick a QB1 that has played against us.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Sadly have to cut Sark a "little" slack here as all he had was watching our QBs go to work against our defense. Who knew how bad our defense really was going to be. EVERY QB has looked great against our defense this year. It would be really hard to pick a QB1 that has played against us.

Considering Benedict Cumberbatch GIF by BBC

6 minutes ago, Mr.kansas said:

Bahahahahahahaha. Rock chalk, Jayhawk. Texas is back folks.........bahahahahahahaha. Then Gonzaga decided smack around your basketball team like a 2 dollar whore. https://www.istexasbackyet.com

mr.Kansas has an idea. You all should be a woman’s crochet school. You might be successful at those competitions.

“And then I said ‘Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Ags...’ WHOOP!”

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mr.kansas said:

Bahahahahahahaha. Rock chalk, Jayhawk. Texas is back folks.........bahahahahahahaha. Then Gonzaga decided smack around your basketball team like a 2 dollar whore. https://www.istexasbackyet.com

mr.Kansas has an idea. You all should be a woman’s crochet school. You might be successful at those competitions.

Well…  we are back!

1 hour ago, AllenTx75 said:

Sark seems to have lost the team so quickly . He may not be head coach material . Just a good Offensive coordinator. It happens to many good coordinators . Being a head coach requires a lot of different talents and capabilities.

yes but the problem is there was 7 seasons of showing that 7WS is not a head coach and our idiots in charge failed to fucking recognize it...

I know it doesn’t matter because the athletic department is a money-making machine but my season tickets this year were the biggest goddam waste of money this year and I sure as fuck won’t be renewing next season. I’ve barely even watched a game this year between all the 11 am starts and shitty product on the field. If PK is still here next season, I hope that stadium is fucking empty next year.

Edited by Billy Pilgrim
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I know it doesn’t matter because the athletic department is a money-making machine but my season tickets this year were the biggest goddam waste of money this year and I sure as fuck won’t be renewing next season. I’ve even watched a game this year between all the 11 am starts and shitty product on the field. If PK is still here next season, I hope that stadium is fucking empty next year.

I hope PK is here next season tied to a pole (or Foster) so he can stand there and watch another DC be successful.

17 minutes ago, Mr.kansas said:

Jesus dude, you registered for that? Do you know where you are? You had years to come up with a burn, and that’s the best you can do? You should be neg’d for lack of creativity.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I know it doesn’t matter because the athletic department is a money-making machine but my season tickets this year were the biggest goddam waste of money this year and I sure as fuck won’t be renewing next season. I’ve barely even watched a game this year between all the 11 am starts and shitty product on the field. If PK is still here next season, I hope that stadium is fucking empty next year.

The brand new part is empty every game.

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The brand new part is empty every game.

Because they’re all partying it up under there. It’s the place ta be, ya know. 

This entire program is so fucking soft. Everything. Our stadium, band, team, soft. 

Don’t get me wrong, I still love my University as an academic institution. Very proud of that. I think that’s all we may ever have because this football program needs a cleansing and I don’t see it happening. 

Someone on here said we’ve become Cal or Stanford… Good school with good secondary sports. That was spot on. I need to just accept that. I need to accept that we’re not going to do what it takes to be successful in college football in this day and age. The sooner I come to grips with that the sooner I’ll quit being so bitter after these losses.

Edited by Billy Pilgrim
  • Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, Mr.kansas said:

OK, put that game ball in your hall of honor, next to your national championship trophies. 

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Ari Wasserman is a extremely stupid motherfucking lazy ass bitch. His employment as "national sports writer" for the Athletic is a clear indicator that the Athletic is a pile of shit. One of you follows that mouthbreathing fat fuck on twitter?

C'mon, it was funny and good use of the meme.

Also, I never noticed before that that yellow suit still has the label on the sleeve.  You know he's returning that.

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?