8.30.21 Coach Sark press conference 1:30pm

bigup2dahorns

If you believe 'Hookah Horns' this is a bad look on Sark.

Personally, I think it is along the lines of there are two new comers at this position in terms of game time experience.  One has stood out and practice and that's who gets the start.  Sark has been around long enough to know that practice may not always tell the full story.  It tells a lot but not everything when the lights are on.

If indeed is hedging to just keep Casey happy...damn.

• Fuck You 1

Nobody knows what Sark is thinking.  It may be true that Casey cleaned out his locker.  It may also be true that Sark would have played Casey either way because he wants to give both quarterbacks a chance to show what they can do in games.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

If you believe 'Hookah Horns' this is a bad look on Sark.

Personally, I think it is along the lines of there are two new comers at this position in terms of game time experience.  One has stood out and practice and that's who gets the start.  Sark has been around long enough to know that practice may not always tell the full story.  It tells a lot but not everything when the lights are on.

If indeed is hedging to just keep Casey happy...damn.

Why? We need a backup QB who isn't a true freshman - Hudson isn't exactly built like Cam Newton. Casey has a lot of leverage here.

2 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Sounds like an emotional spur the moment decision.  Everyone just take it easy.

I don't know how I feel about Gideon no longer being a corch on the field.

He's still an on the field coach, he is just going to be in the booth and not the sidelines for gamedays

Edited by Mason Ramsey
  • Haha 2

I don't get the uproar over the news that Thompson didn't take Card being named starter too well. He expected to start, he probably worked his ass of to start, and thinks he deserves to start. That's not a knock on him, that's what I'd hope a QB would think. 

I have a feeling the starting QB might swap after the first game ... time will tell. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Love the fact Gideon is getting time up top with PK while he calls the D.... Talk about a great guy to learn from..

Coach on the Field to Coach in the Box.  His stock is rising.

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

If any of our first 5 plays in the first quarter are a pass to a stationary receiver behind the line of scrimmage that results in a loss, I swear to everything that is holy that I will run out on to the field and take a dump 10 feet in front of Sark. 

We are not in Kansas anymore!

11 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I don't get the uproar over the news that Thompson didn't take Card being named starter too well. He expected to start, he probably worked his ass of to start, and thinks he deserves to start. That's not a knock on him, that's what I'd hope a QB would think. 

I have a feeling the starting QB might swap after the first game ... time will tell. 

Is there an uproar? Feels more murmur-y to me.

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

To all the fellas out there with ladies to impress - It's easy to do just follow these steps:

1: Cut a hole in a box 
2: Put your Coach in that box 
3: Make her open the box 

It's my Coach in a Box!  Yeah, my Coach in a Box, babe.

spacer.png

Every season in my house, "Honey, wanna see my coach in a box?" 

Her, "Lemme guess?  Your coach wants to call a play up the #2 hole by the right guard?" 

Me, "Well, we just thought we'd try something different this year.  You don't have to be so discouraging." 

19 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

IF it's true that Casey cleaned out his locker, is a guy in that mental state really going to put forth a good performance? Seems like he would be pretty disengaged.

The way college football has changed, any kid in the nation has a reason to whine about the process.

We now pay them and they can transfer as much as they want.

With Twitter, money and the portal we teach them that their word and effort just aren’t important. You can change whatever you want as a young kid, just pout about it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I bet he’s saying this so Thompson doesn’t bolt. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Is there like a prize for being the first one to post this at any opportunity? Is it a good prize? I may want to play.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I mean it’s true, nothing in his coaching history suggest he will rotate or play multiple guys at that position outside of a meltdown or blowout garbage time. 

Truth isn't always a fresh take, my friend. You likely know more about the situation than I do. It's just that any mention of who may start leads to the same response. 

I'm probably just being crotchety.

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Terrible takes flowing all over the place today.

Yes, because we pay them and they can transfer as much as they want we are teaching them that their word and effort just aren't important.

Which is weird because adults have been paid and allowed to transfer jobs as much as they want for our entire lives. Even during the olden days you are wistfully nostalgic about back when a man's word and effort mattered.

So I guess what I'm saying is you're full of shit.

Be sure to announce your next job decision on Twitter, then when you don’t get that promotion because there’s a better candidate, clean your desk out.

All the while you’re making nice coin at a top tier company with free room and board. The added fringe benefit is all the pussy you want.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Be sure to announce your next job decision on Twitter, then when you don’t get that promotion because there’s a better candidate, clean your desk out.

All the while you’re making nice coin at a top tier company with free room and board. The added fringe benefit is all the pussy you want.

people literally do this all the time since as long as there have been desk jobs.

He already tried to portal several times (once for sure), yet came out and played well in the bowl game last year when he was called upon. 
He got mad this week, threw his fit and came back. Not a great look as far as maturity, but it at least shows he cares and isn’t a big deal as long as he’s ready to play when given the chance (which I feel he’ll get). 

15 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

You seem bitter. I'm sorry you sucked at sports by comparison.

The problems with your terrible attempt at an analogy are not small in number, but some quick examples:

1. Lots of people announce job decisions on social media. Are you not actually on social media?
  2. Lots of people clean their desks out and move to another job when passed over for a promotion. This has happened forever. Did you think that was a good point?
  3. Lots of people making nice money at top companies move on to other top companies for better opportunities. This has happened forever. Did you think that was a good point?
  4. Funny thing about a football player transferring to a new school is that not only does he still get as much action as he wants, but after he transfers it's guaranteed new action.

Please, continue making terrible arguments.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

The problems with your terrible attempt at an analogy are not small in number, but some quick examples:

1. Lots of people announce job decisions on social media. Are you not actually on social media?
  2. Lots of people clean their desks out and move to another job when passed over for a promotion. This has happened forever. Did you think that was a good point?
  3. Lots of people making nice money at top companies move on to other top companies for better opportunities. This has happened forever. Did you think that was a good point?
  4. Funny thing about a football player transferring to a new school is that not only does he still get as much action as he wants, but after he transfers it's guaranteed new action.

I don't think you really mean this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Can I try?

Can't Stay Away Quotes: top 55 famous quotes about Can't Stay Away

13 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

So…..again….any kid in the nation has a reason to whine about the process. He has every reason to want to quit.

Read me previous post dumbfuck.

DaggerHorns, other posters are responding to you with reasoned arguments, but in case you lack the intellectual capacity to read multiple paragraphs, I want to really drive home the most important point for you in the most succinct way possible: you seem like a fucking idiot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

1. Where did I disagree with this?

2. I agreed with this point. Do you know how to read? Jesus, you’re an idiot

3. Let me know where I said this doesn’t happen. (Show me where, please). Where did I say, “I think this is a great point!”

4. TIL that if you transfer, it’s guaranteed new action. Looks like all a player has to do is transfer to start somewhere.

Please, continue showing us your poor reading comprehension and logic.

6 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

DaggerHorns, other posters are responding to you with reasoned arguments, but in case you lack the intellectual capacity to read multiple paragraphs, I want to really drive home the most important point for you in the most succinct way possible: you seem like a fucking idiot.

Did you have a point to make or are you just jumping on other commentary that doesn’t make sense?  You are a fucking idiot

Edited by DaggerHorns