8.30.21 Coach Sark press conference 1:30pm

bigup2dahorns

Coach Sarkisian has said he does not implement designed QB runs.

In the press conference he used the example of a zone read (not an RPO) when discussing our QB's.   

Is this to put doubt in the opponents mind on whether to account for the QB's on runs or has he changed his mind since we basically have two QB's? (less of an injury concern)

Edited by Iguana
added injury concerns

33 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

X

4,2,x,3,1

6,10,X,X,X

TrashMasterG, we all have our opinions, but damn, your #8 is my #1, and I can’t see anyone else in the photo that comes close to taking her crown. But damn, that’s a pretty weak group.

And pearlandhorn, great to see you over here, I’ve loved your contributions on InsideTexas for years! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Iguana said:

In the press conference he used the example of a zone read (not an RPO) when discussing our QB's.   

Is this to put doubt in the opponents mind on whether to account for the QB's on runs or has he changed his mind since we basically have two QB's? 

This is Billy Napier, isn’t it? Well, you get lost, Bucko! 

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, immamac said:

I could have sworn there was a QB thread somewhere on this site. 

I even think there is a Casey Thompson thread. 

Casey cleared his things from that thread, so discussion had to be moved over here.  Although, sounds like he changed his mind so yeah maybe discussion should move back over there.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Sark better make sure he doesn't undermine Card's confidence with all this insinuation of there being a short leash. We don't need more timid play like Turtle was so good at causing. 

You think players at Alabama don't have short leashes?  Get the fuck outta here.

1 hour ago, Iguana said:

Is this to put doubt in the opponents mind on whether to account for the QB's on runs or has he changed his mind since we basically have two QB's? (less of an injury concern)

Sark has never wanted to run the QB. The only time he has was at UW a little bit when he had no choice. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The way college football has changed, any kid in the nation has a reason to whine about the process.
We now pay them and they can transfer as much as they want.
With Twitter, money and the portal we teach them that their word and effort just aren’t important. You can change whatever you want as a young kid, just pout about it.

Ok boomer

Once the Surly Burnt Ends program is up and running, the next position we probably should target is the QBs. A backup QB may not want to transfer if he is getting paid good NIL money to stay at the current school. This can be invaluable in maintaining quality depth at the position.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

I guess I thought all the scholarship QB’s would be into 6 figs NIL, right?

Not sure if a backup QB would get any meaningful NIL deal since he is not on the field. This is where we can make a difference imo.

11 minutes ago, SKA the boss said:

Finally saw this.
No bullshit. Has a plan. Quiet confidence.
When the question about what are you most interested or something to that effect came up, and he went straight to line play on both sides of the ball... boner.
It might not be this year, but we’re going to fuck people up.

Title to a "La Cajuns" game thread "We're gonna fuck people up" 🤘

I don't agree with all this "so Thompson doesn't bolt" shit. He's going to get some playing time because they are neck and neck and he's giving it to the younger guy. Thompson could come in and show out and with back the job if Card gets humbled.