battered horn syndrome

Hagbard Celine

2 hours ago, HornsofBevo said:

I think we are good. Sark has experience with two schools that are considered to be some of the best ever to play. He has NFL experience.  He proved at Washington that he is capable of bringing a program from a laughingstock to respectable and his personal struggles played a big part in what happened at USC. 

Unlike Strong and Herman, he’s brought in top tier assistant coaches. The team was 13 points away from being undefeated last year with Tom restraining Bijan and players not being properly developed. 

Watch and see. Sark is going to create a Monster here. 

I want to believe. 

OTOH, we were about 13 points away from another 2-3 losses last year, and I heard the same crap about Strong and Herman being so much better than our old coaches.

We suck until proven otherwise.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

14 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Counterpoint: it’s been this way for a decade and the delusion is those consistently predicting 11-1 or 12-0 records every damn year

Yeah, I don’t know what’s in store and am setting myself up for disappointment but it feels a little different this time to me

This thread needs @THUJONE's MS-Paint of the tower pissing on the fans.  That is basically what our athletic department has done for the past decade plus.  I remain on the fence about Sark I hope it works out because we can't keep affording these 3-4 rinse and repeat cycles of stupidity.  But fuck that never go full aggy bro.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think we are good. Sark has experience with two schools that are considered to be some of the best ever to play. He has NFL experience.  He proved at Washington that he is capable of bringing a program from a laughingstock to respectable and his personal struggles played a big part in what happened at USC. 

Unlike Strong and Herman, he’s brought in top tier assistant coaches. The team was 13 points away from being undefeated last year with Tom restraining Bijan and players not being properly developed. 

He's got a two season head start on you, which is more than he needs. Sark’s got friends in every town and village from here to the Anapolis, he speaks a dozen systems, knows every local offense, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the national championship already.

Seriously, Sark has a lot to prove as head coach. Had it not been for some savvy coordinator moves, I’d be concerned. As it appears now, he appears confident, mature, and poised to have success here.

Nevertheless, he’s never had head coaching success we’re looking for. And wet the bed in the pros when competition was even. We’re breaking in a new QB, the schedule is a little difficult, the refs hate us, and the league hates us. I’m chalking this year as a tune up and hopefully we can play in a new conference next year and get enough early season wins that SEC refs go out of their way to advance us to the playoffs.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

He's got a two season head start on you, which is more than he needs. Sark’s got friends in every town and village from here to the Anapolis, he speaks a dozen systems, knows every local offense, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the national championship already.

Harrison Ford What GIF

Edited by DFW Horn

1 minute ago, Deej said:

At least wait until we're down 3-0 four minutes into the first quarter to start freaking out. 

If we don't score after our first series, people will freak.

If we don't get a first down during our first series, Surly will crash.  You can bet on that.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, justhookit said:

We were also about 7 points from being undefeated. This thread sucks. If I remember right you are aggy @lilMAC25

That’s a fucked up thing to say. I’ve been posting on various Horn boards since 2001 underage handle  lilMAC or lilMAC25. I have at least one classic thread on Hornfans.

This is 2003 Texas vs aggy in Collie Station. It was cold as shit and Ced whipped their ass.

https://i.imgur.com/Kd3pwyB.jpg

I managed to make the 05 aggy game and the 05 BigXII CCG (brought my then girlfriend, now wife).

Saw JC break TCU in 2007 (hot and muggy)

Saw Kindle break the Tech Qb (another miserably hot and muggy night).

Watched BYU show us all how bad Chuck was with my wife and first daughter (seemed like it was 125* F, and I think that’s roughly how many points the Mormon’s scored on us as well).

https://i.imgur.com/xFQjEoU.jpg

unfortunately, that is the last game I’ve been able to attend due to life circumstances and general antipathy about the program. Beating the shit out of Georgia helped, but Herman managed to ruin that. Pointing out that the Horns have sucked shit (overall) for 10+ years and wanting to see more before proclaiming us as back isn’t proof that I don’t love watching Texas play and win. It’s just proof that we struggled with shit teams like Tech and Ok St last season and it took miracles to beat them. 

Spoiler
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

That’s a fucked up thing to say. I’ve been posting on various Horn boards since 2001 underage handle  lilMAC or lilMAC25. I have at least one classic thread on Hornfans.

This is 2003 Texas vs aggy in Collie Station. It was cold as shit and Ced whipped their ass.

I managed to make the 05 aggy game and the 05 BigXII CCG (brought my then girlfriend, now wife).

Watched BYU show us all how bad Chuck was with my wife and first daughter (seemed like it was 125* F, and I think that’s roughly how many points the Mormon’s scored on us as well).

unfortunately, that is the last game I’ve been able to attend due to life circumstances and general antipathy about the program. Beating the shit out of Georgia helped, but Herman managed to ruin that. Pointing out that the Horns have sucked shit (overall) for 10+ years and wanting to see more before proclaiming us as back isn’t proof that I don’t love watching Texas play and win. It’s just proof that we struggled with shit teams like Tech and Ok St last season and it took miracles to beat them. 

Reveal hidden contents

OK State was undefeated and top 10. Even of they were overrated calling them a shit team is a bit of a stretch.

3 minutes ago, justhookit said:

I knew I recognized your name just couldn’t remember why. I was also at the ‘05 aggy game, skipped the Colorado beat down , but made it to Pasadena to watch Vince bring it home. What an epic year that was. hook ‘em

No worries. Wish I could have made it to Pasadena. Hell, I wish I could have been at ONE of the 3 appearances in the Rose Bowl. 

I’m hopeful we will make it back eventually, but as someone else said yesterday  “Vince Young ain’t waking through that tunnel” (paraphrased).

12 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i pray we are able to lock this thread round about 5pm on saturday

i've bought in over and over and over and i'm sick of being hoodwinked

parcells

If you can’t get excited by a new coach whose scheme and recruiting prowess at Bama made them even more lethal than they are I don’t know what to tell you. Sark has gained wisdom and an appreciation for the golden opportunity he has after his battle with substance abuse. He is going to shine and be our Pete Carroll. There isn’t a coach in the game, maybe with the exception of Dabo, who is more likable and easier to pull for than Sark. Savor what you are going to experience this season and remember my admonition. Hook’em

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, HornsofBevo said:

This guy fucking gets it. What are you missing @Hagbard Celine. What is your major malfunction!

12 hours ago, HornsofBevo said:

Don’t forget, he also as a player put up more yards on aggy than any other quarterback I believe.  Add in the fact he’s not a little bitch like Tom Herman and I’m sold!

29 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think I recognize your handle, I was on hornfans and LFZ back in those days.  My habit of wasting time on Longhorn message boards dates back to 1999 on big12.net.  I was in college then, using netzero free internet service and ripping songs from Napster with my Compaq laptop plugged into the wall.  Damn I’m old!

• 2 weeks later...

best way to deal with it is to move on and live life.  it's a wide open world out there and living around the football schedule ain't a way to see it all.  I recorded the game and watched it late, late last night after having a fantastic time with friends out on the water.  surfed with a cold one in my hand and a big ole grin on my face listening to fantastic tunes while Arkansas (unbeknownst to me) went dueling banjos on the Horns.  I didn't regret my decision.  Fuck all this shit.  until they bring me back with winning, I'll continue to say, it's not me it's you Texas.  Get your ass to rehab and fix your shit then come back and talk about winning me back.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I feel that certain SuperFans owe a bunch of other people an apology…

Barring that, I guess we can “enjoy” the knowledge that they’re now just as battered as I was when I originally posted in this thread. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

spoiler, I don’t enjoy it.

Edited by lilMAC25