Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound

Machinator

20 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Are there any other Dykes running around that can coach? How about the tree from which the apple fell? Is Spike still around?  Is Chris Jessie a thing, can we get some of that son of coach action. Sorry I burned through denial and anger watching the games Saturday. 

You'll be looking for Grand-Sonny Dykes

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

He doesn't care about results. He cares about the process. He is like an aggie. In his mind, our signing-day victories mean more than Baylor winning the conference or TCU playing for a national title. 

I’ll explain it more slowly: if you want consistent results, you’re more likely to achieve this with a process. You have the process because you want the results, not because the result isn’t relevant. 

Sure, sometimes you’ll win if you hit on an 18 against a dealer’s 7, but only a Kentucky fried idiot would believe that win justifies all the losses by not having a process for knowing how to increase your odds, even if going with the odds isn’t a guarantee of success. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, statsman said:

Anyone expect TCU to reward Dykes? Frankly- I expect them to spend more trying to lock down Riley. I think he’s the real difference maker there. 

Early December Dykes got an extension thru 2028 and pay raise -- supposedly he's now one of the highest paid B12 Head Coaches.

https://www.fox4news.com/sports/sonny-dykes-contract-at-tcu-extended-through-2028

12 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Remember when CDC wanted to hire Sonny Dykes but the midget frat boy BMD from Tyler wanted the shiny new toy? I member.

Angry Mark Cuban GIF

You would've been one of the most bitching and moaning people on this board if we had hired Dykes

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Let’s see how that works out for them. 

It’s worth noting that you think this guy with this record is going to kill it every year but Sarkisian is a dead man walking. 

01D526AE-B84D-4840-8E35-9E88095C6B20.jpeg

I’d say that history is more impressive than sarky’s history .  Much harder to win at those schools than usc or udub.   

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

I’d say that history is more impressive than sarky’s history .  Much harder to win at those schools than usc or udub.   

That’s fine, you can certainly say that. 

Which part of that record, though, indicates to you “this is college playoff material right here”?

33 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I’ll explain it more slowly: if you want consistent results, you’re more likely to achieve this with a process.  

Dykes (with his focus on the portal) has a better process than Sark (who is using a process that hasn't adapted to the changes in college football). No amount of evidence will convince you, I know.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, JFKFC said:

Dykes (with his focus on the portal) has a better process than Sark (who is using a process that hasn't adapted to the changes in college football). No amount of evidence will convince you, I know.

If what you say is true, then TCU should continue to have more success than Texas. Is it your assertion that TCU will have a better record than Texas next year?

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I’ll explain it more slowly: if you want consistent results, you’re more likely to achieve this with a process. You have the process because you want the results, not because the result isn’t relevant. 

Sure, sometimes you’ll win if you hit on an 18 against a dealer’s 7, but only a Kentucky fried idiot would believe that win justifies all the losses by not having a process for knowing how to increase your odds, even if going with the odds isn’t a guarantee of success. 

Expecting consistent winning results from a coach who is nicknamed seven win Steve is strange. 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

How much crow are you going to eat when Sark gets fired finally? Or are you just going to pretend you never made these posts or quit the website. 

I, for one, will not be signing up for IT again until this day and I will shit all over that board with I was right, you were wrong post because I am petty. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I, for one, will not be signing up for IT again until this day and I will shit all over that board with I was right, you were wrong post because I am petty. 

When will Sarkisian get fired? Will Texas appear in any conference championship or playoff games before then?

In the mid-90s, Bill Snyder created the formula TCU uses- load up on experienced transfers, play a crazy weak non-conference schedule (to start 3-0 and to integrate the new guys), and try to catch lightning in a bottle. KSU failed every time. So has every other team that tried- although, this has become the dominant strategy for the Big XII, excepting Texas and OU. Teams that came close (‘98 KSU, ‘11 OSU, ‘08 TT, various BU and prior TCU squads) all had very experienced QBs, but they always slipped up. 

The expansion to four playoff teams saved TCU this year. It would have saved most of the others, too (and ‘98 KSU would have had a hell of a chance in a playoff). 

This is the new future. None of the B12 schools are likely to drop this strategy. I don’t think the strategy works for Texas. Too many teams pin a target on Texas’ back- we don’t get the sleepwalking TT, OSU and KSU (regular season) that TCU got. 

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

If what you say is true, then TCU should continue to have more success than Texas. Is it your assertion that TCU will have a better record than Texas next year?

Regular season records don't interest me. I do think that a Dykes coached team will make the playoffs (even the expanded playoffs) again before a Sark coached team makes it once. 

8 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Regular season records don't interest me. I do think that a Dykes coached team will make the playoffs (even the expanded playoffs) again before a Sark coached team makes it once. 

Not being interested in regular season records, since they drive who’ll be in the playoffs, is an interesting position, but whatever.

If I understand the 12 team playoff correctly, I think it’s unlikely that a Dykes coached team makes the playoffs before a Sarkisian coached team, but it’s not inconceivable given the changes in conference alignment. 

4 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

You seem to think results without a process are repeatable. I don’t. 

Exactly which results are we trying to repeat with Sarks process?

And claiming a team playing for the national title will suck next year so their Coach probably sucks is one of the most aggy things ever. 

• Like 1

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

Winning and playing for the conference and national titles consistently rather than by catching lightning in a bottle in a given year. Nowhere did I imply that the goal would be to repeat unacceptable results, though I know pretending I did makes your strawman easier.

Where did I say Dykes probably sucks? One of the most aggy things ever is making up stuff to argue against. You should stop doing that. I posted Dykes record in response to the implication that past results predict future performance for coaches. Do you see anything in Dykes history that suggested this season was expected or even likely?

Bye Bye Goodbye GIF by Mickey Mouse

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

How much crow are you going to eat when Sark gets fired finally? Or are you just going to pretend you never made these posts or quit the website. 

I think maybe the name of this board should be changed to Grudging Crow Feast. 

Keeping track of who disagrees with you so you can gloat and congratulate yourself for guessing correctly seems to be the purpose for many who post here. It's not really about the football, it's about praying for an opportunity and absurd reason to personify obnoxious.

I'm optimistic about the future with Sark. I suspect the consequences of me being wrong will be non-existent except to laugh at jackasses standing on the fence pounding their chests about being right that things didn't turn out well.

I guessed correctly!

All China will celebrate your brilliance.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 7

Back on track...

Worthy sucks. His whole attitude seems like it sucks. His inability to adjust on a route sucks. His perceived entitlement sucks. I may have missed it, but I never once saw him take ownership of a missed connection with his quarterback, and that sucks. His negativity sucks. I wouldn't mind the drops so much if he prioritized caring about the team more than himself.

The only thing I appreciate from Worthy is that he donated to that OL's mom for her medical bills. Now...

go away gtfo GIF

2 hours ago, statsman said:

Too many teams pin a target on Texas’ back- we don’t get the sleepwalking TT, OSU and KSU (regular season) that TCU got. 

How many years do we have to keep wandering the desert before people stop saying this?  We're just another game on the schedule.

15 minutes ago, WBT said:

How many years do we have to keep wandering the desert before people stop saying this?  We're just another game on the schedule.

When teams stop storming fields and pulling down goal posts after beating us. When their game with us is no longer the one they use to sell their season tickets. 

Im not complaining. It’s always been this way and that’s just part of Longhorn fandom. It comes with the winning record against all conference mates. It’s real and something our program has to handle. One approach is to have such a talent advantage that it doesn’t matter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

It’s gonna be a long nine months until the next season starts if every thread, no matter the subject, gets derailed on the “Is Sark the guy?” argument. 

He’s not the guy. He’s Mackovic 2.0. His rout 66 will likely come at the hands of Bama. Fuck next year is gonna suck.

No need for further derailment.

48 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Casey Cain had good stats in the bowl game because he caught a meaningless Hail Mary on the final play that UW barely contested because it was still 40 yards from the end zone.   His other yardage was primarily from getting schemed open by lining up at RB and then looking like he was towing a trailer behind him as he ran after the catch.  I don’t care if Worthy transfers, but the WR room needs help whether he stays or goes.

But he caught the ball!! 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Casey Cain had good stats in the bowl game because he caught a meaningless Hail Mary on the final play that UW barely contested because it was still 40 yards from the end zone.   His other yardage was primarily from getting schemed open by lining up at RB and then looking like he was towing a trailer behind him as he ran after the catch.  I don’t care if Worthy transfers, but the WR room needs help whether he stays or goes.

Worthy doesn’t even attempt to catch that though so whatever. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to Xavier Worthy - 2024 NFL Draft Bound