Some of y'all owe this team an apology!!!

Thatguy

5 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

No UT alumnus or real Texas fan wants to even remember Charlie Strong's tenure, much less debate it here. I can't drink enough to forget.

2015 ou and 2016 notre dame were pretty awesome. But yeah the rest of those memories aren’t very pleasant to say the least 

• Hook 'Em 2

There was no reason to ever defend Charlie Strong. As bad as Tom Herman was, he was light centuries better than Charlie Strong.

Charlie Strong deserves very bit of criticism, derision, and ridicule heaped upon him. He’s THE WORST FB HC HIRE in Texas history by a VAST margin.
Light centuries

LIGHT CENTURIES

Sorry my man, I'm stealing this bit of brilliance
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, mwaadeeb said:

We've had mostly top ten classes for the last ten years. Explain that. We haven't struggled with recruiting at all. 

17 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

Our almuni are sending their kids elsewhere because there are better programs with better coaches. You know what proves that one coach is better than the other? 

ON

THE

FIELD

RESULTS

Nick Saban is the college GOAT HC. Anywhere. Ever.

That's not why Brock sent his boys to Bama. You, like a lot of fans here, lack self-awareness. You have no idea how this program is perceived from the outside looking in. Maybe because you are not close enough to it. Maybe because you don't travel enough, or know enough alumni from other institutions, or enough of our own former players. Regardless, we have an ugly reputation that needs to get fixed. You probably think what Kirk Herbstreit said was a one off. That's how hundreds of thousands of people feel about this program.

13 hours ago, mwaadeeb said:

We've had mostly top ten classes for the last ten years. Explain that. We haven't struggled with recruiting at all. 

Seriously? We are the Flagship Institution in the state that produces the most D1 kids, and depending on the year, the first or second most NFL draftees. Now go look at our NFL presence. We are 12th in the nation with 25 even though we are who we are. Bama has 53, Ohio State has 47, LSU has 46, and fucking Iowa has 33. 10 years ago we had something like 48. Now we cannot keep the kids with talent in our state.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

That's not why Brock sent his boys to Bama. You, like a lot of fans here, lack self-awareness. You have no idea how this program is perceived from the outside looking in. Maybe because you are not close enough to it. Maybe because you don't travel enough, or know enough alumni from other institutions, or enough of our own former players. Regardless, we have an ugly reputation that needs to get fixed. You probably think what Kirk Herbstreit said was a one off. That's how hundreds of thousands of people feel about this program.

Seriously? We are the Flagship Institution in the state that produces the most D1 kids, and depending on the year, the first or second most NFL draftees. Now go look at our NFL presence. We are 12th in the nation with 25 even though we are who we are. Bama has 53, Ohio State has 47, LSU has 46, and fucking Iowa has 33. 10 years ago we had something like 48. Now we cannot keep the kids with talent in our state.

9A6B8C32-93C9-4E5F-93DF-4CFC780F2BA5.gif.729fcf3a487d0da30b1b932fb3ba9b30.gif

15 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

I have to say, Thatguy being a Strong apologist adds some serious humor to all of his other posts. 

We should probably create a Forum just for him and MaybeACoordinator to reminisce about how close Strong was to making and it and how he never got a fair chance here. 

In 08 I said Blake Gideon was the weak link in our secondary back when he was extremely popular and was met with this same response. In year one with _iaz I said what he was trying to do with his fronts was trash and drew this same kind of response because we were pretty solid defensively before teams figured us out. When I said Herman would fail here I drew this response too. Each time someone like you came out of the woodwork to laugh and poke fun but when the dust settled I was right. 2021 here we are. Kirk Herbstreits of the world trashing our school. Urban Meyer's of the world saying no thanks to a supposed top 5 job because of health reasons, then taking on Jackson-fucking-ville. He would rather coach that dumpster fire than coach here. Coordinators telling us to take a hike! Will Muschamp would rather make 300k being a special teams coordinator than 2 million here. Barry Odom turned us down to coach Arkansas.

Charlie Strong may have been the worst coach we've ever had, but it turns out that firing coaches after 3 years doesn't sit well with other coaches. Who knew? Who knew that other coaches would pick up a phone and ask coaches who've been there how it is? It's like none of you motherfuckers run a business, or understand how high turnover can affect you from a perception and performance standpoint. We had to give a second chance to Steve Sarkisian because no one else worth a shit would take the job. Top 5 job in America. So you keep clowning Burt. But you better hope it works out with Sark, because if not it will be 10 more years of wandering the desert. We did this to ourselves. I am done arguing about it.

• Like 1

At first it was the players’ fault, now it’s the fans’ fault?

Not buying your bullshit.

You know what kills a program’s reputation faster than firing a coach “too soon” (lol)? Allowing the worst HC in the history of that program to have more losing seasons because feels.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

At first it was the players’ fault, now it’s the fans’ fault?

Not buying your bullshit.

You know what kills a program’s reputation faster than firing a coach “too soon” (lol)? Allowing the worst HC in the history of that program to have more losing seasons because feels.

Herman should have put me in during the big 12 title game in 2018. We could have won!

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

In 08 I said Blake Gideon was the weak link in our secondary back when he was extremely popular and was met with this same response. In year one with _iaz I said what he was trying to do with his fronts was trash and drew this same kind of response because we were pretty solid defensively before teams figured us out. When I said Herman would fail here I drew this response too. Each time someone like you came out of the woodwork to laugh and poke fun but when the dust settled I was right. 2021 here we are. Kirk Herbstreits of the world trashing our school. Urban Meyer's of the world saying no thanks to a supposed top 5 job because of health reasons, then taking on Jackson-fucking-ville. He would rather coach that dumpster fire than coach here. Coordinators telling us to take a hike! Will Muschamp would rather make 300k being a special teams coordinator than 2 million here. Barry Odom turned us down to coach Arkansas.

Charlie Strong may have been the worst coach we've ever had, but it turns out that firing coaches after 3 years doesn't sit well with other coaches. Who knew? Who knew that other coaches would pick up a phone and ask coaches who've been there how it is? It's like none of you motherfuckers run a business, or understand how high turnover can affect you from a perception and performance standpoint. We had to give a second chance to Steve Sarkisian because no one else worth a shit would take the job. Top 5 job in America. So you keep clowning Burt. But you better hope it works out with Sark, because if not it will be 10 more years of wandering the desert. We did this to ourselves. I am done arguing about it.

Give it a rest. You’re wasting bandwidth. And brain cells. 

On 9/26/2021 at 7:06 AM, Thatguy said:

Strong had his issues we all know that. My defense of Strong was in reference to firing him in favor of an unproven guy who was bringing a low scoring offense to the big12. At the time the whole board was raving about the idea we would offer Herman, and I was totally against it. But typical Surly we forget the whole premise of the argument and only cherry pick the defense of Strong. People even accused me of defending him because he was Black. There were jokes about how dumb he was, and people were raving about Herman being Mensa. But here we are in 2021 and I was dead right about Herman. He turned out to be absolute trash, but no one ever came to get their plate of crow. Now as trash as Herman was imagine him without Ehlinger. Imagine him with Swoopes and Shane. Herman turned out to be no better just with a better QB. We wasted millions for no reason.

No, Charlie was trash, the absolute worst ducking coach to ever roam the sidelines at

DKR. 
Tom Herman, at mediocre, was a huge step up over that chucklefuck, he was just enough of an asshole to alienate everyone associated with the program which his mediocreness couldn’t make ok. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Must be a different website from shaglybevorns.com because Blake Gideon has never been a "popular" player, ever. 

In the pantheon of most derided recent players, excluding always controversial QB position: Gideon, Hager, Porter, Nick Rose.  Hatred for various DBs come and go but Gideon was a pretty solid constant.

Must be a different website from shaglybevorns.com because Blake Gideon has never been a "popular" player, ever. 
In the pantheon of most derided recent players, excluding always controversial QB position: Gideon, Hager, Porter, Nick Rose.  Hatred for various DBs come and go but Gideon was a pretty solid constant.

Dylan Haines caught more shit than Blake. Blake was harangued for mostly one play. Dylan had more film to shit on.

6 hours ago, Thatguy said:

We've averaged the number one recruiting class in the Big 12 for over a decade while sucking at football. That's not struggling. If anything we've over performed compared to our results on the field. 

Get over yourself.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/25/2021 at 7:48 PM, Thatguy said:

Wait and see we said. Let it play out we said. Maybe Pig is pretty good we said. No! You guys and your sandy vagina'ed, kneejerk reactions. Arkansas did to them exactly what they did to us. It might have been even worse because had KJ not gone down they win going away. Now that you know Pig is better than you thought, and that we aren't as bad as everyone feared, how does everyone feel going forward?

We still got our shit pushed in by arky and looked unprepared. It shouldn't of happened. Don't get too high off of beating a shitty rice and sand aggy. 

How did we determine that Tech was a bad team? They were 3-0 with 2 wins over D1 teams. One of their wins was on the road against a UH squad (now 3-1) that had them down 21-7 at the half.

Our only loss is on the road against a currently top 10 and hyper motivated Arkansas team. The main thing TCU will show us is how well we play on the road, but I have a feeling Casey will embrace the environment even if we start a bit slow

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

How did we determine that Tech was a bad team? They were 3-0 with 2 wins over D1 teams. One of their wins was on the road against a UH squad (now 3-1) that had them down 21-7 at the half.

Our only loss is on the road against a currently top 10 and hyper motivated Arkansas team. The main thing TCU will show us is how well we play on the road, but I have a feeling Casey will embrace the environment even if we start a bit slow

Because they're sand aggy and haven't had a good team in a long time. 

12 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Houston isn’t good at all and Tech was out gained by Stephen F. Austin and only beat them at home by 6. I think it’s pretty safe to say Tech sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Dylan Haines caught more shit than Blake. Blake was harangued for mostly one play. Dylan had more film to shit on.

i knew i missed a name.  Blake played higher risk/reward.  Haynes just sucked overall.  Neither are top half of fan favorites from the long list of "DBU"

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

thatguy owes the entire board an apology for his awful football takes. jesus.  

Time will tell, like when you were soooo excited to get Tom Herman and swore he was slam dunk. Lol. But what I will say is this. All of you guys that are on here asking for a coaching change 9 games in will be remembered. Stay on the sideline if the ship changes course. Your toxicity is what is wrong with our fanbase.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

7 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Time will tell, like when you were soooo excited to get Tom Herman and swore he was slam dunk. Lol. But what I will say is this. All of you guys that are on here asking for a coaching change 9 games in will be remembered. Stay on the sideline if the ship changes course. Your toxicity is what is wrong with our fanbase.

Nah, I was lukewarm on Herman at the time. On paper though, standing in time in November 2016, hiring him was a much better decision than hiring Sark in January of this year after striking out with Urb. What a panic move by Eltife et al.  95% of the board reacted negatively, with many saying we should have just kept Herman. They were right.

18 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You should sit this one out.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

Nah, I was lukewarm on Herman at the time. On paper though, standing in time in November 2016, hiring him was a much better decision than hiring Sark in January of this year after striking out with Urb. What a panic move by Eltife et al.  95% of the board reacted negatively, with many saying we should have just kept Herman. They were right.

All bullshit aside for a sec because I like you as a poster. Due to the failings of our previous two coaches in recruiting we just aren't who we need to be from a personnel standpoint. We failed to bring in a decent QB. We've been failing on O-line. What I will say about the current coaches is this. We would be far better if we had 4-2-5 based defense. The guys on our D-line are better suited to that style of front. I think if we had that we are looking at a different season. Once again though, the problem is coaches are gonna do what they know how to do. So the question is do you bring in a guy who runs what you are built for or do you bring in kids who are built for what you run. Tough shoes Sark is in. I don't envy him. He may believe in PK but this current roster doesn't fit what PK wants to do.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

"but but but Herman would have had at least one less win than whatever 7 loss Steve ends up with..."

Fatal flaw by Sark was hiring PK but maybe he had no other choice.

Just now, dcar00 said:

"but but but Herman would have had at least one less win than whatever 7 loss Steve ends up with..."

Fatal flaw by Sark was hiring PK but maybe he had no other choice.

That's the big question there right? Obviously he wasn't his first choice, but one of the other guys was a 3-3-5 guy too.

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

He may believe in PK but this current roster doesn't fit what PK wants to do.

Then maybe PK should have wanted to do something else that better fits his roster, because his rigidness means he's about to be doing something else aside from being DC at Texas. 

28 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

How dare our fanbase want to win. You know what’s toxic? Losing.

• Hook 'Em 3