TCU game week.

Wulaw Horn

25 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

It's just unreal to me. I get being confident, I get being optimistic and hopeful. But even if we blow them out today, after everything we've seen in the last decade, there are still people (the majority of people in this forum) who expect us to always go blow out lowly and hapless TCU because WE ARE TEXAS and we used to blow them out in a conference that hasn't existed in 20 years now. It's just unreal to me. To not even consider the notion that this team won't blow out TCU is unreal. People accuse this fanbase of being entitled and delusional, of living in the past, and we consistently live up to the billing all too often.

The only people bringing up the past are the naysayers bringing up the recent past.  No one expects us to beat them because we used to a long time ago.  That's fucking stupid and literally no one has said that.

I expect us to win because Bijan will feature heavily, we replaced Tom Herman with a man, and their defense looks like hammered shit.  Those are 2021 reasons to expect us to win.  The only reasons to expect us not to are the results from the last 10 years, and they have fuckall to do with today.

Again, the only people bringing up the past are the naysayers and they should go back to bed.  We're gonna fuck them up.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

lol I’m referring to everyone shitting on TCU and calling for a 79 to negative 4 win.

I mean, I guess because you quoted my post, told me I was talking shit, and suggested I stop being beta, that I figured you were referring to me specifically.

In any event, I agree with you. Let's go out and straight up murder TCU. I wanna see ABC execs testifying at congressional hearings about why they aired a snuff film.

(butmaybeletsalsonotbesurprisedifmaybethatdoesnthappenmaybe)

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

The only people bringing up the past are the naysayers bringing up the recent past...

Again, the only people bringing up the past are the naysayers and they should go back to bed.  We're gonna fuck them up.

C'mon now, man. You just upvoted this post:

Two things that annoy me about younger fans on this site.

1. Y'all underestimate Arkansas hate.

2. Y'all way way overestimate TCU.

It's understandable based on the years of your fandom, but today is the day the Frogs resume their status as cockroaches, only it is not a day they will fall in our potato salad and ruin it. Today is a day they will be squashed with extreme prejudice. 

What the fuck is that post other than "young people don't understand that TCU is shit and is about to go back to the way they were decades ago"? 

3 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

C'mon now, man. You just upvoted this post:

What the fuck is that post other than "young people don't understand that TCU is shit and is about to go back to the way they were decades ago"? 

Christ, you're reaching.  People are overrating TCU because they've beaten us a few times while we had shitty coaches.  It's got nothing to do with the ancient history.  Let it go, man.  

21 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

I mean, I guess because you quoted my post, told me I was talking shit, and suggested I stop being beta, that I figured you were referring to me specifically.

In any event, I agree with you. Let's go out and straight up murder TCU. I wanna see ABC execs testifying at congressional hearings about why they aired a snuff film.

(butmaybeletsalsonotbesurprisedifmaybethatdoesnthappenmaybe)

He was clearly being sarcastic. Check your meter, dude.

17 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Christ, you're reaching.  People are overrating TCU because they've beaten us a few times while we had shitty coaches.  It's got nothing to do with the ancient history.  Let it go, man.  

The absolutely overwhelming opinion of Texas fans about TCU, and it's so clear and unambiguous that I'm not really willing to debate it, is that Texas' football program is so superior to TCU's that to compare the two would be insulting. They are "cockroaches" and that the natural order is for Texas to beat TCU year in and year out. And I just don't know how one can support that conclusion in 2021 without pointing to ancient history.

4 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

The absolutely overwhelming opinion of Texas fans about TCU, and it's so clear and unambiguous that I'm not really willing to debate it, is that Texas' football program is so superior to TCU's that to compare the two would be insulting. They are "cockroaches" and that the natural order is for Texas to beat TCU year in and year out. And I just don't know how one can support that conclusion in 2021 without pointing to ancient history.

That's a bizarre take. There's a lot of hate, but I don't see fans acting insulted by people thinking TCU is a legit opponent.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Mikey4 said:

That's a bizarre take. There's a lot of hate, but I don't see fans acting insulted by people thinking TCU is a legit opponent.

If you went through this thread and counted the times people said "TCU is a legit opponent" vs "We are going to dominate those fucking cockroaches" I think my take might not seem so bizarre.

12 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

Not being able to beat the likes of TCU is literally what got the last two coaches here fired. So i think that the university itself has sent a pretty clear message that yeah, we're better than that pile of shit program, and we need to be beating the shit out of them most of the time.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

My take is that it is just as irrational to see a present opponent as unstoppable because of what happened over the last ten years given that these teams bear no relation, personnel wise to any team more recent than five years ago, and coaching wise, we have only an aging Patterson against a rising Sark. Fucking Tom Herman would have fuckstomped him last year if he'd started Bijan, thereby having a 200 yard rusher, instead of a guy fumbling away the game in the final moments. So you remove the idiot, replace him with a guy who's at least competent, add one more year of fatty cells to Patterson's brain, take away the replacement-level RB and add in a Heisman candidate, PLUS an electric QB Fatterson has not seen the likes of since VY, and you have a fuckstomping. 

Again, this is their trap game, not ours. Trap as in Roach Motel. They will check in but they will not check out. 

If you went through this thread and counted the times people said "TCU is a legit opponent" vs "We are going to dominate those fucking cockroaches" I think my take might not seem so bizarre.
It's almost as though hyperbolic confidence in the face of literally any opponent is a common theme on sports message boards.
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
10 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

It's almost as though hyperbolic confidence in the face of literally any opponent is a common theme on sports message boards.

It sure as shit wasn't when people were crying about how we weren't going to compete with Rice after the Arkansas game.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

The only people bringing up the past are the naysayers bringing up the recent past.  No one expects us to beat them because we used to a long time ago.  That's fucking stupid and literally no one has said that.

I expect us to win because Bijan will feature heavily, we replaced Tom Herman with a man, and their defense looks like hammered shit.  Those are 2021 reasons to expect us to win.  The only reasons to expect us not to are the results from the last 10 years, and they have fuckall to do with today.

People bring up the past because TCU has been shit most every time they beat us. Why? Because they always bring stuff to the table that they probably practice and refuse to use before they get to us. It is no coincidence they are getting starters back of all weeks this week. With that said I expect a win because Sark has challenged his team this week and let them know they sucked in the past and not to buy the lie that TCU sucks. I am glad fans that say the past does not matter are not the ones in the teams head this week.

Edited by DanTheHorn

On 9/30/2021 at 7:37 PM, LTtxfan said:

TCU could get much-needed defensive reinforcements 

Injury info from  article:  

Coach Gary Patterson mentioned that TCU could have several defenders return this week, including defensive end Khari Coleman, cornerback Noah Daniels and defensive tackles Corey Bethley and George Ellis III.

Coleman, who led all freshmen last season with 15 tackles for loss, has not played this season. TCU’s pass rushers have combined for just one sack in three games and Coleman would provide a much-needed boost to the unit.

Daniels has also been sidelined early on this season due to an injury, according to TCU’s game notes. Daniels played just four games last season before a season-ending injury, but had been expected to be ready by the season opener.  When healthy and available, Daniels will be a welcomed addition. He is arguably the top NFL prospect on the roster if healthy.

Bethley and Ellis, meanwhile, would provide an interior presence to try and slow down Texas’ running game. SMU had its way against TCU’s defense. Bethley was a late scratch with an injury after starting the first two games. Ellis has yet to play this season. Patterson mentioned Soni Misi as another defensive tackle on the mend. Misi hasn’t played the past two games.

Corey (Bethley) may be back this week, George (Ellis) I think has got a chance to be back this week. Soni Misi’s back this week,” Patterson said. “So there’s three more defensive tackles that we did not have last week. I think Coleman will be back this week. I think a chance for Noah (Daniels) to be back this week.”

Offensively, Patterson said center Steve Avila could return after exiting the SMU game with an injury.

Craig Way just reported that NT Corey Bethley isn't gonna play.  Pretty sure he's an important player on tcu defense... 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I don’t like early morning drinking since I gave up beer. I’d rather just wait until late afternoon, and have a nice bourbon.  

My advice for 11 am games: Drink your ass off until 3 am. Go to bed. Sleep 8 hours. Wake up at 11 am and enjoy the game with a cup of coffee and a breakfast taco. You’re not really catching up the rest of the day, but you can chase it. The chase is fun. 

Or drink heavily for the 11AM game.

Then, take a two hour post-victory nap and enjoy second Saturday when you wake up.

5 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
8 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:
It sure as shit wasn't when people were crying about how we weren't going to compete with Rice after the Arkansas game.

It's almost as though hyperbolic overreaction to literally any adversity is a common theme on sports message boards.

It truly is a wild experience when I have people simultaneously telling me: (1) they respect Rice as an opponent; (2) I'm a beta male with no penis for suggesting they could win.

2 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

I'm a recovering alcoholic so all will not be well if I have a beer.

I know. I wouldn't want to hang out with me either.

Pretty much everyone on this site is either active, well on the way, in recovery, relapsed or some point in between. That is no excuse for being a pussy.