TCU game week.

Wulaw Horn

Looks like it rained through the night in Fort Worth, but the loop I saw didn't really appear to be a lot of heavy stuff (maybe someone in the area can confirm?).  Haven't seen any rain in the area since waking up.  Looks like one more round may come through in the morning amd clear out around/at game time, so if that drainage system is as good as that article posted said then we may be good.

• Hook 'Em 1

Interested in gameplan SARK will have to go after toad defense. 

Toads

Toads Passing offense gameplan probably includes throwing a lot of short dumpoff  throws, or throwing deep to avoid interceptions.  Also gonna see a lot of Duggan running ball like Arky QB plus misdirection plays to fool Horns LBs and provide Zach Evans big play opportunities.

Scipio Tex wonders how Fatterson will gameplan to take Worthy out of this game.  Might see a lot of games/stunts by toads DL and possibly blitzes from multiple spots to throw off Casey Thompson.  

If you want to listen to Scipio gameplan discussion, start around 42 min mark:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/panty-raiders/id1479624200?i=1000536914443  

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up
  • Hook 'Em 2

Ojomo has easily been our best defender
Josh had his first really good game against Tech. He struggled vs Louisiana and Arkansas, and Rice is Rice

Even in the secondary, Cook and Jerrin Thompson have been better. Those two and Ojomo are the only three plus defenders on the field for Texas right now.

I think this is the week that the focus will shift to the Defense. The Offense will take care of business, effectively establishing itself as a reliable scoring machine. That leaves the D as the question mark going forward. I think they'll hold TCU to a reasonable score - say 35, and we should win. Next week we'll be asking the same question about OU. I think the D has a good game Saturday, and an even better one against OU as it continues to improve. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Interested in gameplan SARK will have to go after toad defense. 

Toads

Toads Passing offense gameplan probably includes throwing a lot of short dumpoff  throws, or throwing deep to avoid interceptions.  Also gonna see a lot of Duggan running ball like Arky QB plus misdirection plays to fool Horns LBs and provide Zach Evans big play opportunities.

Scipio Tex wonders how Fatterson will gameplan to take Worthy out of this game.  Might see a lot of games/stunts by toads DL and possibly blitzes from multiple spots to throw off Casey Thompson.  

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/panty-raiders/id1479624200?i=1000536914443  

@LTtxfan - thanks for this post, the helpful timestamp, and other similar posts of content that I wouldn't otherwise have come across.  Much appreciated.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Even in the secondary, Cook and Jerrin Thompson have been better. Those two and Ojomo are the only three plus defenders on the field for Texas right now.

• Yeah, early season defensive mvp's have been Ojomo and Cook.  Jerrin is improving, but his inexperience shows at times.
  • Haven't seen much Adimora discussion -- how has he played this year??
  • Interested to see Kitan Crawford earn more playing time
  • Still disappointed to see such poor production from Coburn and DE's

38 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I think this is the week that the focus will shift to the Defense. The Offense will take care of business, effectively establishing itself as a reliable scoring machine. That leaves the D as the question mark going forward. I think they'll hold TCU to a reasonable score - say 35, and we should win. Next week we'll be asking the same question about OU. I think the D has a good game Saturday, and an even better one against OU as it continues to improve. 

In my opinion, unless we’re scoring 70 and we’re playing soft and 3rd stringers are giving up TD’s, then 35 against Dugan and TCU is unacceptable.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

We held ULL to 18 points, Rice to zero, Tech would have only scored 21 had it not been for the two bonehead trash plays on the long balls. Arky, the defense just got worn out in the second half because they had been on the field all night, but the first half they did a good job of keeping us in the game. I feel OK about the defense, though I would like to see more run disruption. 

33 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:
  • Yeah, early season defensive mvp's have been Ojomo and Cook.  Jerrin is improving, but his inexperience shows at times.
  • Haven't seen much Adimora discussion -- how has he played this year??
  • Interested to see Kitan Crawford earn more playing time
  • Still disappointed to see such poor production from Coburn and DE's

Adimora hasn't played much. He's apparently pretty grumpy about it.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

35 is a reasonable score? 

2 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

Every year I tell myself "Now self I know we've sucked against TCU lately, but not this year. This year we're actually going to win." I'm wrong more often than not.

But this time? THIS TIME. I'm right. I know I'm right. Absolutely no question about it.

Troy Shondell agrees.