NLDS- Dodgers v Giants

Sbbruin

Webb should have stayed.  Analytics loses again; I'm sure Dusty would've kept him in. Go with the human instinct >> computers. 

Were most on this thread rooting for LAD??? Hope not. 

Weak call, but you have have so score more than 1 at home in a clincher. 

and late night Lamonte almost killed it twice.. game of millimeters truly

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Webb should have stayed.  Analytics loses again; I'm sure Dusty would've kept him in. Go with the human instinct >> computers. 

Analytics had nothing to do with it. He was at 106 pitches which I’m pretty sure was his high for the season and probably his career. 

Edited by TonyTexas

5 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

and late night Lamonte almost killed it twice.. game of millimeters truly

Dusty ruined the great Mark Prior's career by overusing him in 2003.  The kid is 24, they want to protect him for the long haul.

Let’s go LA. That wasn’t a swing. Fuck the Giants.

Max wasn’t going to let fucking Flores beat him, and the game should’ve already been over if JT fields that grounder at third.

On to the Braves. Hopefully we don’t repeat the whole going down 3-1 thing again.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, RichUT said:

Let’s go LA. That wasn’t a swing. Fuck the Giants.

Max wasn’t going to let fucking Flores beat him, and the game should’ve already been over if JT fields that grounder at third.

On to the Braves. Hopefully we don’t repeat the whole going down 3-1 thing again.

JT didn’t field that grounder, and he didn’t swing.

Anything could’ve happened, it’s baseball.

• Like 1

Just now, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

one game? I guess i'm old school where the greats pitched so much longer and had 12-15 year careers.  Oh well, 1 run won't win many games.

No, over the entire season.  Dusty rode him that season like Butch and Sundance did that poor horse.

2 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Love that the Dodgers won but I wish that wasn't called a swing. I don't want to hear people whining about that 1 pitch forever in a game that we had all but won anyways.

I live in Oakland and have friends and neighbors who are huge Giants fans. I’m looking forward to hearing the complaints. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Thanks - I understand the concept. The fact that 15 of their wins were essentially meaningless is silly. 

Counterpoint, the D-Backs where most of those ~15 extra wins came from aren’t really a major league team.

yeah I get it. Dodgers are clearly the better team.

but as said above, that’s one of the great things about baseball. Give the better record home field no matter what and where does it stop?

Just tee it up so the two best teams automatically face each other in the final round every year?   

6 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Not if the two best teams were in the same league.

Well there wasn't really any way to know. They didn't play the same teams. 

Point being - baseball is slow to change but has made plenty of changes to the playoff format. I feel like home field advantage should go to the best record - but it isn't a huge deal and just my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

@HornPhD, you seem like a little bitch.

Why’s that? I’m just posting and fucking around on a small thread of a larger message board. 

Are you a Giants fan who is butt-hurt about the loss?

I’ll be in Austin and Houston next month if you want to meet for a discussion