This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

32 minutes ago, JohnnyLamJones said:

Snark couldn’t careless about this LOS stuff, he wants qb stats and prove he is what he tells everyone he is ‘the qb whisperer’ or whatever BS, this fraud is in his ugly thick head. Fire this clown! 

That’s why he has five more gigantic OL along with three edges and a DL that UGA really wanted coming in with this class. 

Then again, he understands that QB stats start with protection and you seem not to. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/football-world-reacts-to-troubling-steve-sarkisian-video/ar-AA15PvD4?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=30f97d8e73ee428486c54f85721fb7ec

I'm not here to white knight this fuck but this article and the tweets from WestCoastF and Pat can get fucked.  Trash.

Edited by RollLeft

4 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

whoever told you that was fucking with you and you should stop repeating it.

Bijan, anywhere. X at most anywhere until the inevitable happens. JT would make most any team’s two-deep, and start on most. At most good P5s, the majority of our OL is redshirted. Our roster is talented - it’s not that talented yet. I think imma reached here. 

11 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

Things that I believed but were confirmed last night:

1. Bijan and Roschon were the best RB1 and RB2 combo in college football

2. The OL is work in progress. It should be elite in 2 years but is now average at best.

3. We have one competent LB.

4. Worthy is a catch and run receiver and should never be considered a deep threat. He got lucky on some endzone plays early in his time at UT but it is not his forte.

5. When healthy and focused, Ewers is a decent QB who will be a very good to great QB with some time.

6. The D can get a push but we have no competent edge rushers.

Surprises:

1. Our D backs can cover and I have no idea what changed. Scheme? Challenge to their pride? 

2. Our DL is good but not elite. They should not have given up that many first downs on short yardage situations.

3. Last night and the end of the season in general gave me hope that PK may a pretty good DC.

I conclude that I could bitch about Sark but it would be of no use as pointed out above, our $200 fan bitching will not make any difference, so I will be stoked about how our new class addresses so many of the problem areas, and choose to be optimistic despite the loss. I am not embarrased about the outcome. Washington is at, or near the apogee of this little uptick in their football existence. We are only a little way up the hill and climbing, yet we gave them a game. My glass is half full and I need an ice cube.

Happy Holidays. HookEm Horns!

Washington made a living last night running at whatever linebacker was opposite Ford. Tucker Dorsey/Gbenda/Blackwell were either in the wrong gaps or got blown into the safety's lap. There is only so much the DL can do by itself on running plays, and Washington did a good job of trying to get the Dline back on their heels with all kinds of shenanigans pre snap on those short yardage situations. 

Quinn had a very good night, and would have been a great night were it not for the drops. As it was, he threw for 362 yards and a touchdown, should have been over 400 with 2 or 3 TDs with competent receiver play. 

I think Worthy may have sealed his fate last night. But, if he does decide to suck it up and come back, Marion should take the kid gloves off and really challenge him to get better in the obvious areas. 

My hunch is that the OLine looks night and day different next season with regards to moving people in the run game. The first 6 or 7 guys should all be capable of playing good to great football next year.

There is no way Bijan and Roschon won't be missed, but tweaking the run game to better fit Brooks and/or Baxter will be key. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/football-world-reacts-to-troubling-steve-sarkisian-video/ar-AA15PvD4?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=30f97d8e73ee428486c54f85721fb7ec

I'm not here to white knight this fuck but this article and the tweets from WestCoastF and Pat can get fucked.  Trash.

Troubling? Football world reacts?

Not going to grace it with a click, but keep your hands to yourself. But, man, yeah, a football coach yelled at someone. I’m about as troubled as I was when Bo Davis expressed that, perhaps, some players were insufficiently invested in how the season was going. 

• Haha 2

https://apple.news/AFI7ZE_VpSMO1uo7x6cn5_g

Texas coach Steve Sarkisian is in hot water after a video went viral on Friday showing the Longhorns’ coach berating a crew member in the tunnel before the team’s loss to Washington in Thursday night’s Alamo Bowl.

As Sarkisian is preparing to lead his team out of the tunnel prior to kickoff, a crew member wearing a headset was seen putting his hand on the Texas coach’s chest to let him know that they should wait to run out of the tunnel.

What seemed innocuous turned heated when Sarkisian apparently took offense to the crew member’s actions and began yelling obscenities at the individual.

Sarkisian exploded, and was seen mouthing, “Don’t f—ing touch me again motherf----r. Get your f—ing hands off me.”

It certainly is not a good look for the Texas coach, who then subsequently lost the bowl game to finish his second season on the job with an 8–5 record. In two seasons in Austin, Sarkisian is just 13–12 since taking over for previous coach Tom Herman. For reference, Herman was 17–10 in his first two seasons at the helm for the Longhorns.

Edited by Cairn Horn88
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Texas coach Steve Sarkisian is in hot water after a video went viral on Friday showing the Longhorns’ coach berating a crew member in the tunnel before the team’s loss to Washington in Thursday night’s Alamo Bowl.

As Sarkisian is preparing to lead his team out of the tunnel prior to kickoff, a crew member wearing a headset was seen putting his hand on the Texas coach’s chest to let him know that they should wait to run out of the tunnel.

What seemed innocuous turned heated when Sarkisian apparently took offense to the crew member’s actions and began yelling obscenities at the individual.

Sarkisian exploded, and was seen mouthing, “Don’t f—ing touch me again motherf----r. Get your f—ing hands off me.”

It certainly is not a good look for the Texas coach, who then subsequently lost the bowl game to finish his second season on the job with an 8–5 record. In two seasons in Austin, Sarkisian is just 13–12 since taking over for previous coach Tom Herman. For reference, Herman was 17–10 in his first two seasons at the helm for the Longhorns.

Oh fuck ya   Laying the groundwork for the narrative to turn against “nice guy” Sark.

looking back a similar thing started happening to herman late third season 

7 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

Oh fuck ya   Laying the groundwork for the narrative to turn against “nice guy” Sark.

Headset guy was getting a couple of handfuls.  I’m from the streets. Would’ve laid homeboy out after the second grab

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

Watching the rest of the bowl season with competent OLs, WR, EDGE, & LB is downright depressing given our shittastic performance last night. 

yeah man. came here to post just this. just seent the highlights of the pitt QB going down the field in 30 secs to setup the FG. great, long sideline throw for like 25 yards as the main big play. i had zero confidence we would do anything like that at the end of our game. 

we are always soft on the OL. always. even in '05. those guys were the best we had and I would say they were average to good, but not great. 

huskies oline and running scheme was strong, fast and decisive. it was nice to see, i guess

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Good Lord what a complete nothing burger.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

if you're wondering about sark Tennessee just hit 11 wins, year two of Heupel. They'll be top 5 next season 

They also had a 35 year old QB that was in year 2 of the offense, he was 7-6 in his 1st year as the starter when he was 28.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Hell, that actually make me like him more.

Before I was like "fire his ass"!

Now I'm more like "promote him to Assistant AD" and hire a new coach.

Headset guy gonna have a bodyguard next game he works. Could be  a NIL opportunity.

The AAD job transfer might fit in the contract language to not apply to "firing", and allow Patterson to take the HC job and hire Riley Minor as OC. Win-win-win.

Someone said Sark's preceding HC job started to unravel after an earlier loss to UW - true dat?

11 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Someone said Sark's preceding HC job started to unravel after an earlier loss to UW - true dat?

Well his last game as USC HC was a loss to Washington and he was fired the next day.  But it was unraveling before that when he apparently showed up drunk to a booster function during fall camp and then to some football activities including practices.  He was also allegedly drunk on the sideline for the game before Washington, which they won.  

2 hours ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

Yup. Bellmont doesn’t fuck around. 

He’s done after next year if he wins less than 8. Without Bijan? I’d bet on it.

8 hours ago, David Dennison said:

We fired the guy who got us a pre-season top 10 ranking going into year three.

We're Texas!

Who then went 8-5 with a stud upperclassman QB. Are you actually trying to argue we fired a coach as good as Heupel? Or did you just get lost in a word salady condensed version of every other post you make on the football board?

Preseason rankings. lol. That must be what helped Top Ten Tom land his next big p5 gig. He got the Cincinatti/Nebraska/ASU/Colorado/Wiscinsin/Purdue job right? 

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The headset guy doesn't back down and inch and talks right back. Damn. Sark tries to go nuclear and can't even get a headset guy to flinch.

Unphased.

pathetic look for our guy

If Crybaby Bullshit had been written by Wagner, this would be its crescendo.

👏👏👏

Edited by The Earl of Texas

26 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The headset guy doesn't back down and inch and talks right back. Damn. Sark tries to go nuclear and can't even get a headset guy to flinch.

Unphased.

pathetic look for our guy

Video was cringe so I didn’t watch repeatedly but where do you see headset guy not backing off?