OSU game week

Wulaw Horn

Well,

that was the worst loss any team of mine has ever experienced. Fucking hurts. 
All that said- if we beat OSU I’d say there’s about a 90% chance we get a rematch in Arlington for the conference title. That’s not pumping sunshine, that’s just the truth. 
My heart hurts. I’m so bummed. There are a jillion recruits in town, this probably determines if we play for the title, we absolutely have to win this game. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Well,

that was the worst loss any team of mine has ever experienced. Fucking hurts. 
All that said- if we beat OSU I’d say there’s about a 90% chance we get a rematch in Arlington for the conference title. That’s not pumping sunshine, that’s just the truth. 
My heart hurts. I’m so bummed. There are a jillion recruits in town, this probably determines if we play for the title, we absolutely have to win this game. 

When it was 28-7, a friend told me online, "You have to be feeling pretty good." To which I replied, "In this game, I'm never confident until the clock reads 0:00." I knew it would tighten up, but I didn't think we'd actually lose with that kind of lead.

There are lots of things to fix. Unfortunately, not all can be with the current roster. But I'm decorated we can and will beat OSU. 

Just now, SarkAfterDark said:

Next week is big, going to have a ton of recruits in again and need that win to hopefully see OU in Arlington for the rematch. So team has to forget about this game and focus on next week.

If this team looks past BU, KSU, and ISU, they can lose those games too.

FML...fuck everything

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Maybe. Game 7 of the 2019 World Series is pretty high up there. Top 3 for sure. 

This team was never competing for a title is the difference. Losing to OU fucking sucks hard but Tech cost us at least a shot at a NC. 

This is top 20 for me for sure - but recency bias is a bitch. I can sit here and think about plenty of others that were as bad or worse. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This team was never competing for a title is the difference. Losing to OU fucking sucks hard but Tech cost us at least a shot at a NC. 

This is top 20 for me for sure - but recency bias is a bitch. I can sit here and think about plenty of others that were as bad or worse. 

I understand what you are saying, but it’s ou. 

31 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

When it was 28-7, a friend told me online, "You have to be feeling pretty good." To which I replied, "In this game, I'm never confident until the clock reads 0:00." I knew it would tighten up, but I didn't think we'd actually lose with that kind of lead.

There are lots of things to fix. Unfortunately, not all can be with the current roster. But I'm decorated we can and will beat OSU. 

Same exact thing happened to me

40 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Oh please. That was child's play compared to Tech '08.

That might be the most brutal OU loss I've seen but c'mon. 

Yeah, this one hurts because of how it happened, but it didn't block us from a winnable national championship game.

And how about the 2009 MNCG game that we lost on an injury to one of the greatest Longhorns of all time?  I don't know how anything could top that.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

So 11AM for sure, yes?

Fox has first choice, I guess they want OU for big noon kickoff as there is a baseball playoff that night. I’m guessing we get ESPN 6:30. Incidentally, this is one of the reasons OU wants out of b12. And now that they are leaving, the league will not bend for Them. I think we get night game treatment.  I’m going to game so hoping for night game. 

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Fox has first choice, I guess they want OU for big noon kickoff as there is a baseball playoff that night. I’m guessing we get ESPN 6:30. Incidentally, this is one of the reasons OU wants out of b12. And now that they are leaving, the league will not bend for Them. I think we get night game treatment.  I’m going to game so hoping for night game. 

That would be awesome.  I have tickets.  Hoping for a night game as well.  

4 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Someone confirmed ABC has first pick in odd years. 

2 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

That would be awesome.  I have tickets.  Hoping for a night game as well.  

Fox gave this one the 6 day window treatment so likely to be announced tonight or in the morning. I could be wrong about fox getting first pick , they may only get so many per year but I don’t think so.  They may wait to see if TCU wins

Edited by jdhorn92

Gonna be a tough game -- Okie Lite's defense is legit, and Gundy will run the ball a lot against this TEXAS defense.

Hoping the HORNS find a way to beat the cowboys, and spend the bye week improving and getting healthy "-- won't be easy for this TEXAS team to win out for the opportunity to play blOU again later this season... 🤘

Yeah, our season comes down to next week.  It’s must win in every sense of the phrase.  The loss today hurts, but it’s actually meaningless if we win next week— we’ll still be in complete control of our conference title destiny.

Next week is also a major recruiting weekend and Okst will be top10, undefeated.  We absolutely have to beat them.  

• Hook 'Em 3

As a Poke, we’ve won five games by something like 4 points…and haven’t played any offenses with a pulse.  The 1-2 punch of Casey/Bijan vs the OSU defense is probably the primary matchup of the game, with our DLine being the key…especially on 3rd down where Knowles likes to bring pressure.  

On the flip side it’ll primarily depend on Sanders and how many times he feels like coughing up the ball.  Bottle up Warren at the LOS, get us behind the sticks on 2nd down, make Sanders read beyond his first option and you’ll have the osu offense figured out with a likely interception or fumble. 

For special teams…well there aren’t any when it comes to kicking.  Gundy has likened K1 to needing to spend time at the driving range to get his confidence back.  Guess we have a good punter, wish we could convert him to a kicker…makes me think of Wash in Moneyball ‘yeah, maybe I could teach one of them’. 

Whole season reminds me of 2015 when it was skin-of-nuts wins until the wheels fell off the last 3 games snd got spanked by a cheating Ole Miss team in the sugar bowl.  

My head says Sanders alternates his good/bad games thus he’s due for a good outing (last week against the Baylor therapists he threw 3 picks), Warren is Bijan Light, our defense will force some 3rd/longs due to good pressure + passable coverage, and overall we will force you into our style and probably lose a close one that conceivably could go either way…possibly influenced by a RRS hangover.  

My heart says we haven’t played anyone putting up 35+ a game, aren’t road-tested, Warren has cable to Bijan’s DirectTV, are a paper tiger on offense, and are due for a reality check by the hands of a team full of 4/5* players angry after getting jobbed by refs in the RRS.  

Then again, in my travels, I find us Pokes to be Debby Downers who expect to lose despite recent success…vs those cocky dickhead new-money Baylor douche canoes who told me OSU is trash while in the ACL security line last Friday (fuck Baylor and I hope those ass clowns watched the whole game).  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Homercles said:

As a Poke, we’ve won five games by something like 4 points…and haven’t played any offenses with a pulse.  The 1-2 punch of Casey/Bijan vs the OSU defense is probably the primary matchup of the game, with our DLine being the key…especially on 3rd down where Knowles likes to bring pressure.  

On the flip side it’ll primarily depend on Sanders and how many times he feels like coughing up the ball.  Bottle up Warren at the LOS, get us behind the sticks on 2nd down, make Sanders read beyond his first option and you’ll have the osu offense figured out with a likely interception or fumble. 

For special teams…well there aren’t any when it comes to kicking.  Gundy has likened K1 to needing to spend time at the driving range to get his confidence back.  Guess we have a good punter, wish we could convert him to a kicker…makes me think of Wash in Moneyball ‘yeah, maybe I could teach one of them’. 

Whole season reminds me of 2015 when it was skin-of-nuts wins until the wheels fell off the last 3 games snd got spanked by a cheating Ole Miss team in the sugar bowl.  

My head says Sanders alternates his good/bad games thus he’s due for a good outing (last week against the Baylor therapists he threw 3 picks), Warren is Bijan Light, our defense will force some 3rd/longs due to good pressure + passable coverage, and overall we will force you into our style and probably lose a close one that conceivably could go either way…possibly influenced by a RRS hangover.  

My heart says we haven’t played anyone putting up 35+ a game, aren’t road-tested, Warren has cable to Bijan’s DirectTV, are a paper tiger on offense, and are due for a reality check by the hands of a team full of 4/5* players angry after getting jobbed by refs in the RRS.  

Then again, in my travels, I find us Pokes to be Debby Downers who expect to lose despite recent success…vs those cocky dickhead new-money Baylor douche canoes who told me OSU is trash while in the ACL security line last Friday (fuck Baylor and I hope those ass clowns watched the whole game).  

Do you guys have a lot of injuries?  Seen it on ourlads.com, has Trace Ford been out all year?

Oh, and I know we're all pissed and disappointed about the game today.  That being said, please show up next week.  Don't stay home and pout.  Give your tickets to an underprivileged family or something if you're not planning on attending.  The season is far from over and next weekend is probably the biggest recruiting weekend we'll have before signing day.

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s their national, #1 game of the week. As long as we don’t shit the bed*, the exposure can be a positive, and as Sark said, he gets the rest of the day to hang out with the recruits (and it will be our biggest recruiting day of the year). 

*Unfortunately, we are obviously capable of shitting the bed.

I’ve thought about this after sleeping on it- they are terrible and we should win convincingly. 
today is the first day of the rest of our life programically.  I was very nervous after the Arkansas game. I’m feeling fine about  the staff right now. 
sark pulled down Grinches pants and no lube ass fucked him for all the world to see while having a talent disadvantage. 
PK had guys in the right place and they flat didn’t make plays. We knew we didn’t have difference makers on defense. Orlando didn’t recruit worth a damn and it showed out yesterday against a very talented offense. I think this thing gets fixed. Also, there is nobody else on our schedule where lack of talent will be an issue. 
I’m starting to trust this staff is going to get this fixed. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Scoring Summary (Final)
                       1999 University of Texas Football
               Oklahoma vs Texas (Oct 09, 1999 at Dallas, Texas)

Oklahoma (3-2,1-1) vs. Texas (5-2,2-1)
Date: Oct 09, 1999  Site: Dallas, Texas         Stadium: Cotton Bowl
Attendance: 75587

Score by Quarters     1  2  3  4   Score
-----------------    -- -- -- --   -----
Oklahoma............ 17  0 11  0  - 28
Texas...............  3 14 14  7  - 38

Hey, in the long run, that game yesterday was about the same as Stoops vs Brown in 1999, as the new guy built up  a lead & the other rallied...

https://texassports.com/sports/football/schedule

100% set it stone, 11:07a-CDT ball leaves the tee.

I don't know if that means FOX is bringing their little pre-game show to Austin.  

Doubtful there's two 6-day holds in a row, so will learn our Baylor kickoff time before Monday Noon.  Probably 7:30p with a questionable referee crew to make is hostile as possible.  Do they serve alcohol at their new(ish) stadium?