OSU game week

Wulaw Horn

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

You don't have to sack him, just get a bit of pressure on him and he'll just hand you the ball. He's been pretty good at designed runs and passes to his first read, but the second there is pressure or his first read is covered, he's a fucking turnover machine.

So, we're fucked. Got it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

You don't have to sack him, just get a bit of pressure on him and he'll just hand you the ball. He's been pretty good at designed runs and passes to his first read, but the second there is pressure or his first read is covered, he's a fucking turnover machine.

yeah, thats what I meant basically.  the OU game was always going to come down to our OL vs their DL.  we managed to win 2.5 quarters and then shit the bed.  those 2.5 quarters were good enough if we had a D

I think this game will be the opposite.  your OL vs. our DL.

I like our ST's as a potential difference maker(assuming we can stop taking KO's out from the end zone).

I just hope we are really pissed off.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I expect Gundy to scheme up a lot more QB running plays vs TEXAS

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

I expect Gundy to scheme up a lot more QB running plays vs TEXAS

I do too, and a hefty dose or Warren, but not 30+ carries like in recent games. You’ll see some Richardson runs and maybe Dez Jackson, I thin I read that he’s healthy again. A few jump balls to Tay Martin as well. That’s our offense. It’s not complicated but it works if execution is right.

38 minutes ago, Atticus said:

We actually put on solid pressure on Rattler in the first half against OU. Hopefully Sanders doesn't have a dual threat backup or Henry Colombi smh.

Huh?  Sanders and Rattler couldn't be more different QB's.  Sanders is a great athlete and inconsistent passer.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Has there been an Okie St injury report?

Kinda long article, but here yah go...

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma-state/LongFormArticle/Oklahoma-State-football-depth-chart-Texas-Longhorns-updated-172921977/ 

"On Monday, Oklahoma State head coach Mike Gundy said running back Dezmon Jackson as well as defensive ends Brock Martin and Tyren Irby are trying to get back to practice this week in order to play this weekend. Jackson and Irby have both been sidelined for the past three games due to injury, while Martin was out for the Baylor game with an elbow injury."

Edited by LTtxfan

30 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Kinda long article, but here yah go...

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma-state/LongFormArticle/Oklahoma-State-football-depth-chart-Texas-Longhorns-updated-172921977/ 

"On Monday, Oklahoma State head coach Mike Gundy said running back Dezmon Jackson as well as defensive ends Brock Martin and Tyren Irby are trying to get back to practice this week in order to play this weekend. Jackson and Irby have both been sidelined for the past three games due to injury, while Martin was out for the Baylor game with an elbow injury."

Brock Martin is a big deal for our DL. Would be good for us to get him back and healthy. Dez Jackson would help too if he's truly healthy, showed a ton of promise last year, and is pretty similar to Warren's abilities. Would be nice to have a fresh set of legs to help the running game. We lost a few receivers for the year that don't show up and has hampered our passing game (along with Sanders' knack for fucking up past his first read). 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Brock Martin is a big deal for our DL. Would be good for us to get him back and healthy. Dez Jackson would help too if he's truly healthy, showed a ton of promise last year, and is pretty similar to Warren's abilities. Would be nice to have a fresh set of legs to help the running game. We lost a few receivers for the year that don't show up and has hampered our passing game (along with Sanders' knack for fucking up past his first read). 

Any warm body with functioning legs will work at RB against our defense.

By: @EricNahlin

Oklahoma State arrives in Austin presenting strength on strength intrigue, I offer my 10 most important recruiting targets with the current roster in mind, and opportunity is knocking this weekend for Steve Sarkisian and his staff.

Oklahoma State

I watched Oklahoma State's game versus Baylor last night. I missed that Robert Griffin III was an announcer, probably because I so often don't have the volume up on games. He has some work ahead of him, but he's playful and really seemed like he was enjoying himself.

In a vacuum, Oklahoma State's defense is considerably better than its offense. But with the Texas offense playing well, the hope is it doesn't necessarily look that way on Saturday. Of course there's the other side of that coin, Mike Gundy's offense versus Pete Kwiatkowski's defense.

Some things really stood out on the Oklahoma State game watch, likely because my most recent CFB experience was the Red River Shootout:

- The whole Cowboy defense plays with motor. It was even noticeable with the defensive linemen as they chased down the Baylor run game.
- The unit appears quite disciplined and they tackle well. Their three leading tacklers, Malcolm Rodriguez, Devin Harper, and Kolby Harvel-Peel, diagnose well. Correlation equals causation, in my opinion. They're also elder statesman, though Harper is only now a cemented starter.
- It's not an overly athletic group. You can see some bounce in the corners and some solid coverage ability in the safeties, and the defensive line is active, but there isn't a ton of raw athleticism.
- I do really like undersized Colin Oliver, however. He's No. 30 and a true freshman defensive end. I suppose he's playing due to Trace Ford's unfortunate injury. Oliver's going to give the Texas offensive tackles some trouble with his quickness.
- There doesn't appear to be a real weak link on the defensive line.

On offense:

- Spencer Sanders is still dangerous with his arm and legs but I haven't seen any improvement with regards to decision-making since his freshman year of college, or his junior year of high school for that matter. When he's not sailing throws he's forcing them. He makes you cover a lot of the field, but doesn't necessarily punish defenses for it. You know they'll run him on Saturday.
- The leading rusher, Jaylen Warren, is a Utah State transfer. He's productive but not overly special. His production is a function of being healthy while others aren't. He's not bad, they've just had better in the past.
- The best player on offense is wide receiver Tay Martin. He backed up Tylan Wallace last year but was productive at Washington State before that. He has some length, moves well, and is a downfield threat.
- The Oklahoma State offensive line doesn't inspire fear. Left tackle Cole Birminghamn should be offensive guard Cole Birmingham. By gawd, that's Ovie Oghoufo's music.
- Of course, Gundy will scheme to protect the offensive line with all sorts of things I'm sure Scipio and Ian will discuss.

I like Texas in the game. However, they'll have to play well to win.

He's got Sanders nailed to a T, but is wrong on Warren. He's not as good as Chuba Hubbard or Justice Hill, but it should be qualified with "yet." He has all the tools and abilities to be special. He's 5 games into his OSU career and I've seen nothing to tell me he won't be as productive as those guys. He would have won the job over LD Brown anyway. LD was struggling before his injury. He had a good year, but has had two bad years. Dez Jackson had one amazing game last year, never had a run like Warren is on right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Well I’ll be there, first game in DKR since WVU in 2018. Somehow the discussion with my double-horn wife and her friends went from ‘Let’s tailgate’ to ‘buy tickets’…she has the pussy, it’s undefeated, and I plan to get her Cleveland Steamer-drunk given the ridiculous 11a kick for a game this important in our league.  

As I noted earlier in this thread, I expect to lose…seems in line with prevailing mood from my fellow Pokes here.  -6 Texas seems about right to me.  This isn’t some negative juju, you can read my take on the first page about facing a real offense on the road against a hungry and angry team.  

I hate this game every year.  And not because I have ill will with Texas, but because my home on the internet is full of Longhorn lawyers and I married one with two degrees from there…I’m kinda glad y’all are moving to SEC country so I can root you on without worrying about the annual H2H matchup.  

Pics 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Homercles said:

Well I’ll be there, first game in DKR since WVU in 2018. Somehow the discussion with my double-horn wife and her friends went from ‘Let’s tailgate’ to ‘buy tickets’…she has the pussy, it’s undefeated, and I plan to get her Cleveland Steamer-drunk given the ridiculous 11a kick for a game this important in our league.  

As I noted earlier in this thread, I expect to lose…seems in line with prevailing mood from my fellow Pokes here.  -6 Texas seems about right to me.  This isn’t some negative juju, you can read my take on the first page about facing a real offense on the road against a hungry and angry team.  

I hate this game every year.  And not because I have ill will with Texas, but because my home on the internet is full of Longhorn lawyers and I married one with two degrees from there…I’m kinda glad y’all are moving to SEC country so I can root you on without worrying about the annual H2H matchup.  

drop by the tailgate. We'll take shots. 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, 'stache said:

"Al, my prediction is that whoever puts the most points on the scoreboard will probably win tonight’s football game."

Tim Ryan on Twitter: "“Al, Shaun King knows how to throw the football, ok.  And if a quarterback is able take that football from the snap, throw that  football up into the

Madden haha. Don’t worry if the horse is blind, load the wagon. All time favorite, if you’re a qb and your arm gets hit….the ball isn’t going to go where you want it to. God bless John Madden. 

On 10/12/2021 at 9:51 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah there isn't a lick of difference between OSU and OU, academically. We have just have hotter trim. I can't explain it, but this has held true ever since I've been old enough to recognize hot trim. 

My family growing up was Bedlam agnostic (neither of my parents went to OU or OSU), so we would got to both OU and OSU games.  Sure there were some hot chicks in Norman, but I always felt like my head was on a swivel in Stillwater because everywhere you looked there was smoke.  

And going to school there was pretty great, in terms of the per-capita amount of hot trim. And it's only gotten better over the years as OSU started focusing on recruiting the hell out of the DFW and Houston suburbs. It's like all of the hottest chicks from Tulsa/OKC suburbs and also now a lot of the ones from DFW/Houston who don't have the grades for UT/A&M end up at OSU, lol. 

So your pistol was firing....

I'll show myself out now.