OSU game week

Wulaw Horn

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the lovely part about this is Gundy gets and extra week and our OU game tape to chew on.  

I thought we had a chance to be 5-1,  coming into this game but 4-2 isn't the end of the world.  Steve has a big job this week.  season could get ugly.

After Arkansas, everyone saw the schedule and it was best case scenario for us to go through Tech, TCU, OU, and Okie lite with a 3-1 record. That is still on the table. The doom and gloom stuff gets old guys. Just appreciate a team and watch guys get better. We had a freshmen go 9 catches for 261 and two td’s yesterday. Future is bright.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Well,

that was the worst loss any team of mine has ever experienced. Fucking hurts. 
All that said- if we beat OSU I’d say there’s about a 90% chance we get a rematch in Arlington for the conference title. That’s not pumping sunshine, that’s just the truth. 
My heart hurts. I’m so bummed. There are a jillion recruits in town, this probably determines if we play for the title, we absolutely have to win this game. 

I watched the Cowboys lose 3 Super Bowls in the '70s, yesterday doesn't even register compared to that.

Sark needs to bounceback this week like Mack used to after losses in Dallas.  I still believe we are on the right trajectory, and am looking forward to seeing how this team responds to an emotional loss like yesterday.  Gundy is going to run the rock hard Saturday, PK needs to challenge his defense after yesterday.

16 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Oh, and I know we're all pissed and disappointed about the game today.  That being said, please show up next week.  Don't stay home and pout.  Give your tickets to an underprivileged family or something if you're not planning on attending.  The season is far from over and next weekend is probably the biggest recruiting weekend we'll have before signing day.

70,000 maybe

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

If we can get out to a fast start again like we did against OU this will be closer to the Tech score because to date OSUs highest scoring game was 31 against K State. This includes games against Boise St. Missouri St, and Tulsa. 

Nobody tell him OU's highest scoring game before yesterday.  Well wait, we did better than Western Carolina at least.

1 hour ago, Xian said:

I think we win even with okie state having the week off. 

if we lose though. I fear the wheels fall off the bus.  Which means recruiting implodes and Stark is the walking dead for 2-3 years.  

fun times. 

Dude, please reset your brain and understand that this team is trying to find its way. The D is not good but the team is only halfway through its first year. It was never going to be “show me a loss” type of year. If that’s what you were expecting I’m sorry you have no brain with which to reset. 

Let’s allow Sark and staff some time to get his guys in and turn this shit show around before we declare “wheels fall off the bus” if they lose to Ok St. our fan base is legitimately delusional sometimes.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Pretty simple. If Sanders plays well we should win a close one. If he’s a turnover machine again you win easy.

Nice try Petey! We know you've got some talented, dual threat freshman QB that y'all have been clamoring to see in live reps. We'll be ready this time around. I hope...

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, dcar00 said:

the lovely part about this is Gundy gets and extra week and our OU game tape to chew on.    I thought we had a chance to be 5-1,  coming into this game but 4-2 isn't the end of the world.  Steve has a big job this week.  season could get ugly.

3 hours ago, Rip76 said:

4 11am games in a row?

For this game, 11am start is Great for this big recruiting weekend!!

WIN and TEXAS coaches have a lot of extra time to spend with all the big-time recruits that are attending this Okie Lite game.

Let's beat okie lite !!!!

Edited by LTtxfan
typo
  • Hook 'Em 5

Crazy recent success for okie lite at DKR...  

OKST  vs TEXAS  results

• 2020   Stillwater, OK    34 -41
  • 2019   Austin, TX         30- 36
  • 2018   Stillwater, OK    38-3      
  • 2017   Austin, TX          13-10     Win
  • 2016   Stillwater, OK     49-31    
  • 2015   Austin, TX.         30-27    Win
  • 2014   Stillwater, OK.      7-28
  • 2013    Austin, TX.         38-13    Win
  • 2012    Stillwater, OK      36-41
  • 2011     Austin, TX.          38-26   Win
  • 2010    Austin, TX            33-16   Win

Fuck that 2015 Officiating Crew....

2015 Texas vs Oklahoma State officiating

• Rage+1 2

Gundy from last Tuesday 

“ON POSSIBILITY OF GETTING SOME INJURED PLAYERS BACK AGAINST TEXAS:

"Well, we should, but I'm out of the prediction business. I thought we'd have [Dezmon Jackson] last week, and he couldn't go so. Brock Martin is pushing to play. He was trying to fraudulently signed his own parental release form last week. And then you have (Tyren) Irby that's trying to come back, I'm not sure. And the same with [Jackson]. So there's guys that are right on the verge, and if we can get them up and moving around a little bit this week, then maybe next week when we get him into some team reps and try to get a few plays out of them at Texas."

ON IF LD BROWN WILL BE BACK:

"No, he won't be back against Texas."”

On 10/9/2021 at 6:42 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Oh, and I know we're all pissed and disappointed about the game today.  That being said, please show up next week.  Don't stay home and pout.  Give your tickets to an underprivileged family or something if you're not planning on attending.  The season is far from over and next weekend is probably the biggest recruiting weekend we'll have before signing day.

if aggy can get up for alabama when the entire world (including themselves) thought they were going to get slaughtered and create a great game atmosphere, our spoiled ass entitled fanbase ought to be able to do the same thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

Well I’m not sure if anyone brought this up yet - but fuck the b12 for giving okst a fucking bye while we had our biggest game of the year with ou and are on a stretch of tcu, ou, and osu.   

Seems like another big fu to the horns … maybe the schedule was set prior to us going to the sec.  either way, fuck the b12.   

On 10/10/2021 at 10:48 AM, dcar00 said:

I thought we had a chance to be 5-1,  coming into this game but 4-2 isn't the end of the world.  Steve has a big job this week.  season could get ugly.

Agree.  Maybe I'm just trying to make myself better about Saturday's loss, but 4-2 is where a lot of us thought we'd be at this point, and I already like this team a lot better than the last two with Turtle Tom at the helm.  But 4-2 with a shitty defense is some cause for concern. 

Just now, Juke_Em said:

Not worried about this game at all. OK State doesn't have a ton of offensive firepower and they are one of the worst running teams in the conference. Should be a pretty stress-free win with how our offense operates at home.

Yeah their rushing offense is terrible.  

We bitch about these 11am kickoffs, but I wonder if, in addition to the general home field advantage, we have a leg up on Oklahoma State because our players are in a rhythm with early games.  Oklahoma State has had one 11am kickoff, and the rest have been night games.

I guess I'm searching for another reason to be optimistic about a win before a much-needed bye week.

• Haha 1

Some thoughts on offense from reading OSU's 247 board

They've been in injury hell on offense until recently, especially at WR, so it's not terribly useful to look at their first three games to see how they translate vs Texas since they're finally relatively healthy at WR (although two guys appear to be out for the long-haul). Tay Martin, who transferred from Washington State two years ago and spent most of last year learning how to run a full route tree, is their primary WR.

Sanders missed the first game, and he hadn't practiced for about two weeks leading up to the second game. He does have four INTs. Gundy has leaned into the run presumably because of Sanders' volatility and the WR injuries

Going into the season, they had four RBs listed as co-starters, but after two of the four got injured vs Boise, Jaylen Warren has averaged 32 carries and 2 receptions per game over the last three weeks; Warren is averaging 4.5 yards per carry, while the others are averaging 3.3, 3.2, and 2.1. LD Brown (speed back 2.1 YPC) is out for our game, and Dezmon Jackson (3.3 YPC) is up in the air. Gundy has talked about wanting to lessen Warren's workload after he missed a quarter with cramps vs KSU. He's a bowling ball at 5'8 ~215-220. Slow him down and force Sanders into passing situations, and we're in good shape.

Their TE/HB (they call it the "Cowboy Back" position) is weaker than usual. Their starter heading into the offseason transferred to Virginia, and the next guy up is out for the season. The replacements haven't been great, and they recently moved a freshman OL to the position for an extra blocker.

OSU has scored a grand total of 10 points in the second half of their last three games (0, 0, 10)

Their kicker, who returned from injury, is 2/5 this season with a missed extra point, and the backup kicked a field goal in the last game

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Going into the season, Gundy was saying that he had seven or so WRs that would be featured a lot, and when the initial depth chart came out, there were four true freshmen on it. The initial depth chart, more or less in order:

- Tay Martin

- Brennan Presley

- Langston Anderson

- Braydon Johnson

- Blaine Green (freshman)

- Bryson Green (freshman)

- Jaden Bray (freshman)

- John Paul Richardson (freshman)

Who was out in their games

Missouri State

- Langston Anderson (injured in warm ups, might be out for the season)

- Blaine Green

- John Paul Richardson (out for awhile)

Tulsa

- Langston Anderson

- Blaine Green

- John Paul Richardson

- Tay Martin (injured after two plays)

- Braydon Johnson (out for the season)

Boise St

- Langston Anderson

- Blaine Green

- John Paul Richardson

- Tay Martin

- Braydon Johnson

- Jaden Bray

- Bryson Green (got the start, got injured early on)

Vs Boise, they ended up having to play extensively two guys who weren't on the initial depth chart; Rashod Owens and walk-on Cale Cabbiness. Rashod is now a mainstay with the first team

They got Tay Martin, Jaden Bray, and Blaine Green back vs KSU, and then Bryson Green back vs Baylor I think. Anderson, Johnson, and Richardson remain out for the long haul, it appears, but they can at least field 3-4 talented WRs now

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, South Austin said:

Looks like another 200 yard game for Worthy.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't count on it.  Okie Lite D-Coordinator is good, and will double Worthy a ton in this game.

TEXAS has to stay out of 3rd in long -- okie lite is good at rushing 3 and putting 8 back in coverage.   

6 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

So we have Worthy and a buncha spares who wouldnt start at most other big 12 programs…. Perfect

Moore can make some things happen. The rest is dicey unless we start using K Robinson or we can manage to pull Dixon out of witness protection. 

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

Moore can make some things happen. The rest is dicey unless we start using K Robinson or we can manage to pull Dixon out of witness protection. 

Dixon and Washington have to step up their receiving production in this okie lite game...

• Hook 'Em 2