NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

I love how Philly played two games with Harden and duped all of these fucking morons into thinking they were some sort of legit championship threat or the team to beat in the East. 

Fucking show me. Embiid's awesome but he completely flamed out last season and Harden has flameout after flameout on his resume. Show me.

I'm not sure how legit or not the Nets wind up being but this is reinforcing every single concern I had about this Sixers team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, hundredTT said:

I get Ben taking time to get back. Hopefully it was hard ass training based. If he was too scared to play, dude needs to wash his vag and stop being a bitch. My God, play you fucking pussy. 

What's funny is I'm not sure they need him if you could get Kyrie back for home games. Durant was a sneeze away from getting to the Finals last year with a bum James Harden and some YMCA senior league players. 

Granted the East is tougher this year. 

27 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I love how Philly played two games with Harden and duped all of these fucking morons into thinking they were some sort of legit championship threat or the team to beat in the East. 

Fucking show me. Embiid's awesome but he completely flamed out last season and Harden has flameout after flameout on his resume. Show me.

I'm not sure how legit or not the Nets wind up being but this is reinforcing every single concern I had about this Sixers team. 

KD is at the point in time where he’s on the shelf so much it’s easy to forget just how special he is. Kyrie is such a petulant bitch it’s easy to forget that when he’s motivated and right he’s awesome. If the nets would have all been healthy they would have raw dogged the NBA last year and this year. I’m legitimately bummed we didn’t get to see that greatness happen and instead got stuck with the lucky ass Bucks who had every single important injury break their way and still were literally 1/4 of an inch from getting sent home by KD pretty much single handedly. 

It's one game, but I didn't feel like Philly won this trade when it happened.  Sure, they were getting nothing from Simmons, but Harden has a habit of disappearing, and Philly had to also give up Drummond and especially Curry, which to me was a big loss for them.  

DAJ "patrolling" the lane  when Embiid sits isn't going to help.  Neither is Harden when he is putting up 3-17

Edited by Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

KD is at the point in time where he’s on the shelf so much it’s easy to forget just how special he is.

It's partially that, it's partially that he has a different gear he shifts into. Not unlike what LeBron has done for awhile now. Guys like Jokic, Curry, Embiid etc. bring their A game much more often than Durant does - and in non-playoff environments. It's why every year people write guys off and elevate others to "best in the league" status during the regular season then the playoffs happen and everyone's like "oh no wait LeBron/Kawhi/KD/Giannis is actually the best player in the league". 

Yeah - because the playoffs are different. Ask Harden how tonight's de facto playoff game went. 

23 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Fun game for the Rockets tonight, Jalen Green had a career best, and the Lakers got the honor of losing to the worst team in the league! Eric Gordon with an awesome fake on Lebron here.

Lebron overdid (on purpose), with a very unnatural reaction, the deception to draw attention to himself. He's bored and enjoys playacting, drawing attention to his miserable suffering.  Same reason he hit 2 players in the face with the ball of 'bad' passes (on purpose) and 'accidentally' (on purpose) elbowed the Detroit player at the FT line.  He know exactly what he's doing (on purpose). 

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

They were 5-1 with Harden up until tonight, and Harden has been playing very well during that stretch.  Your Harden hate is clouding your judgement. He was averaging 24-10-8 last season as the second or third option on the Nets, and he's been better than that since joining the 76ers.  He's a really good basketball player regardless of how you feel about him. He just needs to be a second or third option to be very effective at this point. 

7 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

They were 5-1 with Harden up until tonight, and Harden has been playing very well during that stretch.  Your Harden hate is clouding your judgement. He was averaging 24-10-8 last season as the second or third option on the Nets, and he's been better than that since joining the 76ers.  He's a really good basketball player regardless of how you feel about him. He just needs to be a second or third option to be very effective at this point. 

Doubling down. Nice. We'll see how this turns out for you. Harden was too afraid to play @MIA and Philly got smoked and they just got smoked at home against the Nets. 

I'm not hating on Harden. I'm calling it like it is. Like I said - show me. 

And seriously - when did I ever say he isn't a really good player? Put the strawmen away. He's a great player that has serious issues against real adversity.

Edited by ztejas

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

Doubling down. Nice. We'll see how this turns out for you. Harden was too afraid to play @MIA and Philly got smoked and they just got smoked at home against the Nets. 

I'm not hating on Harden. I'm calling it like it is. Like I said - show me. 

And seriously - when did I ever say he isn't a really good player? Put the strawmen away. He's a great player that has serious issues against real adversity.

Philly absolutely needs to drop to the 4/5 line. They are going to smoke the bulls and I’d have them as the favorite against the Heat. That said this Brooklyn team we saw last night was the scary time Nets juggernaught that we’d all been waiting for. It’s why I’ve had the nets as the favorites all year if we see healthy KD and they have anyone to put around him. If you are Ohilly you want not part of Brooklyn or Milwaukee and want to see them play each other on the opposite side of the bracket. 
Nets don’t even need much of anything from Simmons- all they need is a healthy KD, an engaged Kyrie that can play every game, Curry shooting open threes and Ben playing defend and never even needing to touch the ball. 
I love KD and really want to see it work out and get a non Warriors title. Even though people give him shit about riding coattails to that title- they weren’t beating those Lebron squads if healthy without KD. 

52 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I love KD and really want to see it work out and get a non Warriors title. Even though people give him shit about riding coattails to that title- they weren’t beating those Lebron squads if healthy without KD. 

They beat them without KD in 2015. They were up 3-1 in 2016 sans KD and if not for Draymond getting suspended, they probably win that one too. They had the best regular season record in NBA history that season without him. I think they might have had more than a punchers chance against them in 2017 and 2018 too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

They beat them without KD in 2015. They were up 3-1 in 2016 sans KD and if not for Draymond getting suspended, they probably win that one too. They had the best regular season record in NBA history that season without him. I think they might have had more than a punchers chance against them in 2017 and 2018 too. 

Kyrie and Love were hurt in 2015. The 2017 Cavs were just flat out the best Cavs team in that run and really fucking awesome and historically good. KD made the warriors better. They needed him. 
I’m not saying they couldn’t have won a title- I’m saying that he was the best player on their team, the best player on the court, and not superfluous to those titles in any way, which those that want to diminish him often make him out to be. 
You saw they weren’t good enough to win without him in 18. Yeah they lost Klay too- but not until late in the series when they were already down 3-2. He gets treated like some historical afterthought. He wasn’t. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

30 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

FB_IMG_1647016751098.jpg

I'd be pissed too if i was Shaq. Getting compared to a duo that 3peated as NBA champions because you had 2 good regular season games together is a fucking joke.

I also love angry KD. He has an old school NBA feel to him right now. He's not there to be friends with anyone.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 3/9/2022 at 6:45 PM, Loch Ness Monster said:

Anyone remember when Westbrook threw a 4th of July party and had Kevin Durant cupcakes after he left the Thunder? Guy is a hypocrite. 

He lacks self-awareness...... he always has.  The chip on his shoulder has grown to be a mountain so it's always someone else's fault or who has wronged him.  He hasn't concluded what he is...... a terrible contract and probably a role player now.

9 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Small Game James + Doc “thinking about my golf swing” Rivers = 2nd round exit 

I've definitely come around on Harden quite a bit over the years, but the idea of James Harden and Doc Rivers getting each other to an NBA Finals is a bridge too far to me. Just too much choke on one sideline.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Lakers win over the Wizards with Lebron getting 50-7-6 with 18-25 shooting. 

Lebron's having his best season statistically since 17-18 and playing 37 (!) minutes per night. 

He's still got it but this supporting cast....eesh.

I wonder if there is a team out there with a glaring need for a wing, a wing who would vault the team to a true title contender and where he wouldn't be asked to do all the heavy lifting...I wonder if Lebron would try to force his way to said team...

4 hours ago, Message Board User said:

He's still got it but this supporting cast....eesh.

He's still a great player. He's a ways away from his prime and putting up a lot of empty numbers. LeBron of 10 years ago would have these bums 3rd in the West.

• Like 1

For those not watching, Durant has been torching the Knicks all day, so the Knicks start double teaming him every possession.  His teammates predictably collapsed. So tie game under a minute left, Durant says fuck it and goes against a double team and nails a 3.

Finishes with 53. Guy is insane. I’m not a Kyrie fan, but I guess I’m hoping he ends up getting his way just so Durant has a shot in the playoffs.

Edited by Reynolds Woodcock
  • Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

For those not watching, Durant has been torching the Knicks all day, so the Knicks start double teaming him every possession.  His teammates predictably collapsed. So tie game under a minute left, Durant says fuck it and goes against a double team and nails a 3.

Finishes with 53. Guy is insane. I’m not a Kyrie fan, but I guess I’m hoping he ends up getting his way just so Durant has a shot in the playoffs.

I just left the game. Cool to see KD in his home arena dominating. 

Barrett, Randle, and Fournier balled out today. So did Dummond and Brown for Nets. It wasn’t all KD as you suggest. Patty Mills remains one of the biggest mysteries as to why he continues to get any meaningful minutes for a decent NBA franchise. He sucks. Dragic had an awful game. Nets have zero depth.  Not sure where Simmons was today. Kyrie is the biggest retard in the NBA. 

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

Patty Mills remains one of the biggest mysteries as to why he continues to get any meaningful minutes for a decent NBA franchise. He sucks. Dragic had an awful game. Nets have zero depth.  Not sure where Simmons was today. Kyrie is the biggest retard in the NBA. 

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA