Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Jimbo OL recruiting strikes again!

I wonder why aggy commits never put clips of their most recent only national title in their commitment videos. I guess it would help if videos of that game existed.

Markstanco sock confirmed.

FIFY

18 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Herman has his faults, but if you get the QB room and OL room in order, which he has done, you're going to win a lot of games, especially the Big 12.

Agreed.  And it's not as if we're completely whiffing on D either.  Really like the athletes on that side of the ball and the coaching they receive.

3 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Excuse me, sir. 

Im gonna need you to stop disagreeing with CTJ. He’s our resident expert on everything. Just ask him. 

This is a board convinced of its own genius. There are self-fashioned experts on this board by the fucking dozen. If you’re going to call me out as the lead expert on this board, I guess I’ll take it as a compliment. 

In reality, this is an unnecessary potshot taken because your boy Preston Stone is on the outside looking in and a guy I was touting took his place just the same. Like everyone else, if Tunmise joins the class, I’ll pump my fist and rationalize his prima donna shit as something that works for him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Suck it aggy.

"Moriba Kemessia Jah (born 1971) is an American space scientist and aerospace engineer known for his contributions to orbit determination and prediction especially as related to space situational awareness and space traffic monitoring. He is currently an Associate Professor of Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics at the University of Texas at Austin. Jah previously worked as a spacecraft navigator at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, where he was a navigator for the Mars Global Surveyor, Mars Odyssey, Mars Express, Mars Exploration Rover, and his last mission was the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter. He is a Fellow of the American Astronautical Society, the Air Force Research Laboratory[1], the International Association for the Advancement of Space Safety and, the Royal Astronomical Society. Jah was also selected into the 10th anniversary class of TED Fellows. He also was selected into the AIAA class of Fellows and Honorary Fellows in the year of the 50th Anniversary of Apollo 11. The AIAA "confers the distinction of Fellow upon individuals in recognition of their notable and valuable contributions to the arts, sciences or technology of aeronautics and astronautics."

Edited by Reese Bennett
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is a board convinced of its own genius. There are self-fashioned experts on this board by the fucking dozen. If you’re going to call me out as the lead expert on this board, I guess I’ll take it as a compliment. 

In reality, this is an unnecessary potshot taken because your boy Preston Stone is on the outside looking in and a guy I was touting took his place just the same. Like everyone else, if Tunmise joins the class, I’ll pump my fist and rationalize his prima donna shit as something that works for him. 

1) I preferred Stone to Milroe, but stated clearly that Milroe was a definite take. 

2) If you can’t take some ribbing when one of your strong statements about a recruit is challenged by someone with direct knowledge of the situation, then make your  takes less hawt, Quasimodo. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Bryce Foster reminds me of Branson Bragg for some reason

I think Foster is the best interior prospect the state has seen in a long time.  He's college ready as a junior in high school.  He's a multi-sport athlete and a program fit.  Outside of T. Brock, he's the next OL I want most.  

If I were the kind of poster who engaged in terrible recruiting puns years before a class signs, I'd say that the State of Texas in 2021 is Milroe's Place.

#MilroesPlace #YesIAmOld #NoIDidNotWatchIt #YesIRealizeThisHashtagSucksForRecruitingTeenagersIn2021ItIsJustAJokeDammitLeaveMeAlone

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I think Foster is the best interior prospect the state has seen in a long time.  He's college ready as a junior in high school.  He's a multi-sport athlete and a program fit.  Outside of T. Brock, he's the next OL I want most.  

He's not P5 college ready, not many HS kids are if any at all. He's the best interior prospect since Bragg or Green last year. I love the kid and hope to see him join his friends here.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

So this offensive class looks very doable right now.

Milroe

2 of Johnson, Wheaton, and Campbell

Davis, Earle, Neville

McRee, Davis

Brock, Conner, Brock, Foster, Byrd

Bowman

Last week Coach talked about how uncomfortable it is to take kids this early and it will lead to more misses. It'll be interesting to see how many have commutable offers before their JR year of film.