Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

Just now, Machinator said:

I don't know which year it was, I just guessed 2021 because there aren't any 2020s who seem like they're on the verge of announcing.

I assumed it was Jerrin Thompson. I don't think anyone else is expected soon, unless Collins or Johnston wake up one morning and decide to commit

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

I assumed it was Jerrin Thompson. I don't think anyone else is expected soon, unless Collins or Johnston wake up one morning and decide to commit

I thought Wells signaled for Thompson earlier in the week, but I'm still getting my bearings for how the IT mods are doing this now.

I have very fond memories of visiting colleges as  a recruit. You have to remember, these are high schoolers getting an opportunity to be on a college campus, get treated like royalty, and hang out with college athletes and women. I am in no way shocked or worried that the Brockermeyers want to visit several prominent universities while they get the chance.

20 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I thought Wells signaled for Thompson earlier in the week, but I'm still getting my bearings for how the IT mods are doing this now.

For 2021, unless it's a no doubter like Foster or maybe Earle, I think they want to slow down on the commitments. For 2020, obviously there's Jerrin, and then Collins/Johnston could wake up tomorrow and decide to commit or wait until December, but I'm not sure anyone else is looking to commit from that class before the season starts. Maybe Hester if they let him. 

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

We get too hung up on towns and weather. 

And I’m sure next you’re going to tell me grammar, guessing height off of a terribly-angled picture, hand size, and geography don’t matter either. 

Why don’t we just shut the whole recruiting thread down then, you monster!?!

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

And I’m sure next you’re going to tell me grammar, guessing height off of a terribly-angled picture, hand size, and geography don’t matter either. 

It'd be like shattering the Ark of the Covenant. Never!

9 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

If we did, who would you bitch all day?

1 hour ago, Fud said:

For 2021, unless it's a no doubter like Foster or maybe Earle, I think they want to slow down on the commitments. For 2020, obviously there's Jerrin, and then Collins/Johnston could wake up tomorrow and decide to commit or wait until December, but I'm not sure anyone else is looking to commit from that class before the season starts. Maybe Hester if they let him. 

Or Ty Jordan 

30 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I love everything about this

Oh, man ... that is too great.  I see they have enough food for Hayden but what about the other two?

If this class comes together like it looks like it might, Hayden and Jalen are going to become my new favorite recruits of all time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Yeah Coach Flight is cool. Just focuses on training as far as I know.

I can vouch for Flight. He’s all about the guys. Doesn’t get mixed up in recruiting. Doesn’t have a team. Even with 7on7 he’s not a huge clusterfuck. That dude is legit one of the best. Him and Margin Hooks.

• Like 5

Just now, Bruh Man said:

I don't understand why they're not addressing this with the SZ project.

Why would they? Its not like they’re in the same location. There isn’t room for a practice facility in the SEZ. One large capital project at a time, man. Contrary to popular opinion, we don’t have unlimited money and del conte has already managed a pitching lab, an outdoor pool for the swimming team, and the SEZ. He’ll get to the bubble in a few years. 

• Like 4

Roach:

Texas High linebacker Clayton Smith told me today that he’s going to take his time with his decision and evaluate schools thoroughly. Texas is high up on his list, but LSU and Arkansas are making big pushes.

Texas A&M appears to be out to a big lead with Pleasant Grove DL Marcus Burris. A source I spoke with said that Burris is more comfortable with a small town coming from Texarkana, and Terry Price is doing a great job connecting.

Pleasant Grove DL Landon Jackson wants to get back to Texas for the LSU game. He’s not focusing much on recruiting, but he said that he has a great relationship with Oscar Giles and Tom Herman. Right now he’s working on building with Todd Orlando as well.

Keep an eye on 2021 Pleasant Grove ATH Nick Martin. He’s been in contact with Derek Warehime and the Longhorns are evaluating him as a running back and linebacker. He plans to visit for the LSU game.

Why would they? Its not like they’re in the same location. There isn’t room for a practice facility in the SEZ. One large capital project at a time, man. Contrary to popular opinion, we don’t have unlimited money and del conte has already managed a pitching lab, an outdoor pool for the swimming team, and the SEZ. He’ll get to the bubble in a few years. 

Talkin to a txdot consulting engineer the other day.
Mentioned the 35 widening thru downtown. Said most likely, at least at this point, the bubble would need to go. Cant really expand much east due to the cemetery and laws against disturbing graves and getting family notified and permission to move graves.
Said back in the day there were stories that some graves are under the 35 east frontage.
/CSB

5 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Talkin to a txdot consulting engineer the other day.
Mentioned the 35 widening thru downtown. Said most likely, at least at this point, the bubble would need to go. Cant really expand much east due to the cemetery and laws against disturbing graves and getting family notified and permission to move graves.
Said back in the day there were stories that some graves are under the 35 east frontage.
/CSB

<Rodney> Dead people don’t need burying nowadays<Daingerfield>

• Like 1