Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

Full Rivals250 for the 2021 class has been released for the first time.

1. Korey Foreman

2. Brock Vandagriff (OU commit)

5. Tommy Brockermeyer

7. Camar Wheaton

10. Savion Byrd

11. Bryce Foster

22. Tony Grimes

23. Preston Stone

41. Ja'Tavion Sanders

44. Tunmise Adeleye

45. Donovan Jackson

58. Landon Jackson

60. Latrell McCutchin (Alabama commit)

61. Garrett Nussmeier

68. Shadrach Banks (A&M commit)

80. Quay Davis (Texas commit)

91. Billy Bowman Jr. (Texas commit)

96. LJ Johnson

97. Latrell Neville

98. Jalen Milroe (Texas commit)

99. Jaeden Roberts

105. JD Coffey

107. Eli Stowers (A&M commit)

117. Hayden Conner (Texas commit)

121. Kendrick Blackshire

142. Marcus Burris

152. Cody Jackson (OU commit)

157. Ishmael Ibraheem

159. Trey Zuhn

161. JoJo Earle

166. Dematrius Davis

168. Clayton Smith

174. Landyn Watson (LSU commit)

175. Cam'ron Valdez

176. Reuben Fatheree

182. Hunter Washington

183. Derrick Harris Jr. (Texas commit)

193. Shemar Turner

206. Jonah Miller

208. Ketron Jackson

245. Dametrious Crownover

• Like 1

IT Q&A (EN = Eric Nahlin, JW = Justin Wells)

Q: Are you aware of any timelines for the Brocks or Byrd?

EN: Brocks I think next spring. I could see them taking some OV's. Byrd I don't know very well but I'm pretty sure he has no timeline.

Q: Ja’Tavion Sanders is not competing with Clayton Smith in my mind. Sanders appears to me like he’s going to grow into a monster 4i. Does that jive with your eval?

JW: You’ll have to convince him of that first.

EN: Not based on his frame. That was my thinking before I saw him in person. Looks B-backer-ish to me.

Q: Current % on Byrd and Wheaton with Samples gone?

JW: 35% on Byrd, 25% on Camar. I think Texas leads [for Byrd]. He’s got a tremendous relationship with JQJ. But it’s a long way from 2021 NSD.

Q: Where would you allocate the other 65% on Byrd?

JW: LSU, OU, and any others who watch him in 2019.

Q: Is Camar Wheaton’s recruitment going to be difficult? Who else is he looking at?

EN: I think UT still leads. Tough recruitment to write about. I'll just acknowledge I don't know what's going to happen.

JW: Little bit, but another big season will only help UT’s chances.

Q: What’s the percentages that we land Bryce Foster and Donovan Jackson?

EN: Good on Bryce (Texas is most likely but they need to recruit him via track and field), probably not so good on Donovan. I can't rule D-Jack out, though. He profiles as a Texas kid, his parents profile as Texas parents, and I could see him wanting to ball with Hayden and Bryce (if they get him). D-Jack taking his time is a good thing for UT.

JW: Foster, decent. Jackson, might be Stanford here.

Q: Any chance we flip Latrell McCutchin?

EN: "Any chance" questions with regards to recruiting get an 'auto' yes. Especially when they're homegrown. The staff is shaping him even if he doesn't know it.

JW: There’s always a chance but that kid might not be worth the headache.

Q: Who are the best Mac and Rover options for 2021?

EN: Harris at Rover unless he outgrows it. Trevion Sneed fits the size and athletic specs for Mac or Rover but they want to see him read and react. Diagnostics are the question. There aren't a lot of LB options in 2021. They need to look nationally. They're still focused on 2020. I'll continue to underscore the LB room is better long-term than it looks right now.

Q: (On Bryce Foster) I would think the track/field recruiting angle would be a no-brainer, especially with Texas's recent success in the weight events (shot/discus). Saying "they need to" makes me think that maybe they aren't. Any inside info on this Eric?

EN: T&F coaches haven't been involved at last check. He's been assured he can throw but he hasn't been recruited by the track coaches. "They need to."

Even less concerned about this class  than I ever was about 2020. After we make the playoffs this year it's over. These guys are going to be diving head first into this class. "But Samples" and all that stuff is completely irrelevant.

Edited by Bevo14

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

Full Rivals250 for the 2021 class has been released for the first time.

Reveal hidden contents

1. Korey Foreman

2. Brock Vandagriff (OU commit)

5. Tommy Brockermeyer

7. Camar Wheaton

10. Savion Byrd

11. Bryce Foster

22. Tony Grimes

23. Preston Stone

41. Ja'Tavion Sanders

44. Tunmise Adeleye

45. Donovan Jackson

58. Landon Jackson

60. Latrell McCutchin (Alabama commit)

61. Garrett Nussmeier

68. Shadrach Banks (A&M commit)

80. Quay Davis (Texas commit)

91. Billy Bowman Jr. (Texas commit)

96. LJ Johnson

97. Latrell Neville

98. Jalen Milroe (Texas commit)

99. Jaeden Roberts

105. JD Coffey

107. Eli Stowers (A&M commit)

117. Hayden Conner (Texas commit)

121. Kendrick Blackshire

142. Marcus Burris

152. Cody Jackson (OU commit)

157. Ishmael Ibraheem

159. Trey Zuhn

161. JoJo Earle

166. Dematrius Davis

168. Clayton Smith

174. Landyn Watson (LSU commit)

175. Cam'ron Valdez

176. Reuben Fatheree

182. Hunter Washington

183. Derrick Harris Jr. (Texas commit)

193. Shemar Turner

206. Jonah Miller

208. Ketron Jackson

245. Dametrious Crownover

I could not possibly care less about Rivals rankings but I really wish we had waited on Stone IMO he has a significantly higher upside than Milroe. Although I think Jackson is the QB of the future and makes any QB in the 21 class a portal risk 

• Fuck You 28

1 minute ago, RedSox4life said:

I could not possibly care less about Rivals rankings but I really wish we had waited on Stone IMO he has a significantly higher upside than Milroe. Although I think Jackson is the QB of the future and makes any QB in the 21 class a portal risk 

This is one of the worst posts I've ever read. Poor take on the QB situation and complete ignorance of the ENORMOUS impact Milroe has had on the 2021 class.

Good luck around here.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RedSox4life said:

Stone will probably be a three star 15 months from now.  

18 minutes ago, RedSox4life said:

This won't age well.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RedSox4life said:

Have you followed recruiting at all? 

27 minutes ago, RedSox4life said:

Lolllllll but this level of weirdly oversupporting a white player does jibe with the opinions of most Boston sports fans I've met.

(Yeah I know he says JQJ will starts)

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, RedSox4life said:

Good thing you have your Red Sox because you won't have Surly for very long at this rate.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RedSox4life said:

But his teammates don’t even come to his birthday parties. 

1 hour ago, RedSox4life said:

St. Milroe to you sir.

I could not possibly care less about Rivals rankings but I really wish we had waited on Stone IMO he has a significantly higher upside than Milroe. 

I sincerely hope you have a NFL or NBA team that you're really devoted to, because this username is not gonna last long.  

“You done landed on Mr. Gilmore’s property” 

- Richard Pryor

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Apparently we might lead for Landon Jackson again (as of right now, anyway).

Still think that one an uphill battle for us, but if we can build a consensus in the state for 2021 and have a good season this year, it’s definitely winnable. 

The best thing for us right now is just for him to not commit until next summer or later.

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Still think that one an uphill battle for us, but if we can build a consensus in the state for 2021 and have a good season this year, it’s definitely winnable. 

The best thing for us right now is just for him to not commit until next summer or later.

Roach and Texags both said he's pushing back his fall commitment to next summer.

He visited aggy several times over the summer, but seems like he was at every Texas home game last year.

This is the 3rd or 4th recruit that A&M has potentially pissed off by pushing too hard. Seems like there's a pattern here. 

I get the sense A&M is feeling the Texas momentum and is trying to land a knockout blow somewhere. Not having much success it seems. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is the 3rd or 4th recruit that A&M has potentially pissed off by pushing too hard. Seems like there's a pattern here. 

I get the sense A&M is feeling the Texas momentum is trying to land a knockout blow somewhere. 

Getting guys like Jackson, Sanders, Turner, and Smith could allow us to run some 4-man fronts and bring some serious pressure from the edges. 

Jackson probably grows into a 4i type if he's already 6'6 240.

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I get the sense A&M is feeling the Texas momentum and is trying to land a knockout blow somewhere. Not having much success it seems. 

What?  aggy is not going to steal any of our recruits, especially without a knockout blow .  GTFO with that shit.

3 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

What?  aggy is not going to steal any of our recruits, especially without a knockout blow .  GTFO with that shit.

Jesus you can be a dense motherfucker. Who, in this situation is “our” recruit? Is it Landon Jackson the Aggie legacy? He’s ours? You sound like a stupid fucking aggy with any “our recruit” shit. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Forget it, he's rolling.

Edit: meant that as a response to SydneyCarton

The only thing he’s rolling is through my patience for fucking stupidity. My version of hell might literally be watching this guy, stanco, and ValdeBanana attempt to have a round table with Bobby batronic on practice habits. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jesus you can be a dense motherfucker. Who, in this situation is “our” recruit? Is it Landon Jackson the Aggie legacy? He’s ours? You sound like a stupid fucking aggy with any “our recruit” shit. 

We can agree to disagree about Texas recruiting.  It is what it is. .  But you can also lick the slime off Johnny Manziel's balls and taint for grins.  

18 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I agree. It appears a lot of pressure was applied at the pool party before Jimbo got faced by Umanmielen.

24 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Nah they push hard all the time as a strategy. It’s how they got all those early commitments last cycle and demas this year. 

Some guys feel pressured and it turns them off, some feel wanted and they commit.