Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

19 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

It shouldn't be either or, it should be errbody but we decided to go 8-5 and not have a lineman drafted since the great depression. 

Like I've said before, if we play football this year it's Big XII title or bust and anything less will be a colossal failure. 

Didn’t we have a guy go around 30th overall two years ago?  And two that will go in the next one?  What does 1995-2015 have to do with herman and his staff’s ability to develop OL?

the bama OL stuff, I get the draw. The negatives about Texas I do not. 

side note, that Bama OT room is fucking STACKED. blue is composite rank. they also don't differentiate between RS and non RS which is why their freshman class looks so huge

DQUCvzWU

comparison:

HxniXmzA

that Bama OT is just otherworldly - also lol Dameon George

Edited by NoName

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

side note, that Bama OT room is fucking STACKED. blue is composite rank. they also don't differentiate between RS and non RS which is why their freshman class looks so huge

DQUCvzWU

Going to be funny when neither one of them even play during the Bama vs Texas series 

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

DQUCvzWU

I didn’t think I could feel any worse about losing a 5 star tackle, but I was wrong. 

34 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Didn’t we have a guy go around 30th overall two years ago?  And two that will go in the next one?  What does 1995-2015 have to do with herman and his staff’s ability to develop OL?

the bama OL stuff, I get the draw. The negatives about Texas I do not. 

Huh? Connor Williams went in the second round two years ago. Before him we hadn't had an O-lineman drafted since 2008.

Heck, our last first-round draft pick at any position was Malcom Brown, five years ago.

43 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What does 1995-2015 have to do with herman and his staff’s ability to develop OL?

Nothing. But, at the expense of beating a dead horse, 17 year olds aren't thinking as deeply as we do when they hear stuff like that. 

B. you have a staff in Bama who has repeatedly shot OL into the draft early. Gunna happen a lot more when you get the good ones, obviously, but again: 17 year olds. 

Edited by UncleBuck

We all loved our time as students at Texas. We're all nostalgic about Colt and Vince. 

Block that stuff, and put yourself in the shoes of an elite high school player for 2021. Have you worked hard and sacrificed all of your young life so you can go lose to Baylor, TCU and Iowa State?

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

We all loved our time as students at Texas. We're all nostalgic about Colt and Vince. 

Block that stuff, and put yourself in the shoes of an elite high school player for 2021. Have you worked hard and sacrificed all of your young life so you can go lose to Baylor, TCU and Iowa State?

YOU LEAVE YOUR FUCKING LOGIC OUT OF THIS UNTIL WE HAVE OVERREACTED PROPERLY

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

Is my only other option to go backwards from a good high school education to a Bama degree? Followers go with the crowd. Leaders bring the fucking wins with them. Not staying that I don't see their logic. Just saying that it's weak. Maybe they're overcompensating for playing private school ball in Fort Worth.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

If the other option is going to shithole Bama then sign me the fuck up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Nothing. But, at the expense of beating a dead horse, 17 year olds aren't thinking as deeply as we do when they hear stuff like that. 

B. you have a staff in Bama who has repeatedly shot OL into the draft early. Gunna happen a lot more when you get the good ones, obviously, but again: 17 year olds. 

Whatever. They could’ve been part of turning their legacy program around and being remembered forever but chose to be another good forgotten player for the Bama machine. Their choice tho so good luck

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I'm disappointed just like everyone else, but the logic in choosing Bama right now is solid.  Tommy likely had a committable offer with Bama until signing day.  I'm not convinced it would be the same for James.  Conversely, it would seem both would have committable offers here through signing day and would also appear they'd be welcomed should they elect to transfer down the line.  Bird in hand with an elite program while your safety net almost assuredly remains in tact long enough to figure out if Bama is the right fit.

As for Herman and Co., they need to play this the same way Helton did Bru.  Don't disparage or burn any bridges.  It's poor form and doesn't provide any benefit.  Play the long game and see what happens.  Meanwhile, coach up the guys on campus, start winning consistently at a high level and put more guys in the NFL.  And sure wouldn't hurt if the powers that be took a long look at our membership in the B12...

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

I'm disappointed just like everyone else, but the logic in choosing Bama right now is solid.  Tommy likely had a committable offer with Bama until signing day.  I'm not convinced it would be the same for James.  Conversely, it would seem both would have committable offers here through signing day and would also appear they'd be welcomed should they elect to transfer down the line.  Bird in hand with an elite program while your safety net almost assuredly remains in tact long enough to figure out if Bama is the right fit.

As for Herman and Co., they need to play this the same way Helton did Bru.  Don't disparage or burn any bridges.  It's poor form and doesn't provide any benefit.  Play the long game and see what happens.  Meanwhile, coach up the guys on campus, start winning consistently at a high level and put more guys in the NFL.  And sure wouldn't hurt if the powers that be took a long look at our membership in the B12...

fuck all of that.. start burning jersey's with Brockermeyer written on the back!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

So basically wait until they actually sign with Bama before telling big bro to fuck off. Solid strategy.

58 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Is my only other option to go backwards from a good high school education to a Bama degree? Followers go with the crowd. Leaders bring the fucking wins with them. Not staying that I don't see their logic. Just saying that it's weak. Maybe they're overcompensating for playing private school ball in Fort Worth.

I really don't know anything about their high school education. Are they elite students? Did Stanford recruit them? 

2 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

It was more a comment about Bama being a step down from any reasonable high school education.

I'd imagine most HS football players think they're headed to the NFL, but in their case it's a near certainty that's the case.  Unless either of them is an elite student that NFL degree is likely the complete focus.

I believe Tommy missed all his junior year with a shoulder labrum injury and now may miss at least part of his senior season due to the possible Covid shutdown.  I wonder how much his weight work and conditioning has been or will be affected by the injury and a long layoff.   Fuck Saban.