2021-2022 Astros Offseason Thread

Planet Houston

7 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Multi year deal in the range of 5-10 just sounds funny.  Do a 5 year with a $40,000,000.00 year 1 salary and an opt out after year 1. Done and done.  I mean- if we aren't going to do my dream lifetime contract where we pay his great grandchildren.

• Hook 'Em 1

Contracts I’d be fine with Houston proposing to Correa:

$45M/1yr

$180M/6yr with $40M in yr 1 and an opt out after 2022

$280M/10yr with additional $5m/yr games played incentives and $2m/yr major awards incentives that bring total potential to $330M/10yr; $25M in year 1 with an opt out after 2022

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Caught a foul ball from him against the Yankees. Will always remember him for that

we sat row 1 behind the stros dugout in anaheim several years ago and after some ~polite asking, colby rasmus signed a ball and tossed it to my wife.

every time jake would come up, she would say, "isn't that the guy who signed my ball?" so i would just say yes, because what's the point.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Bill James wrote a great essay on the cost-benefit analysis of running into walls. Fans love it because it shows "hustle," and might save a run or two on that particular play, but what about the long run? 

Not saying Meyers was a meathead Charlie Hustle kinda dude on that play because it was more awkward than a full on Pete Reiser slam, but discretion can be the better part of valor unless a World Series is at stake or something. Kid's whole career has hit a major speed bump because outfielders are taught by some coaches to go balls to the wall. 

I mean, I don't think we make a "new" offer unless we know he's going to accept it.   Sure sounds like an official version of the winks, nods and handshakes that have been going on from Crane getting involved last-minute. 

From The Athletic:

According to McCullers, doctors believed the flexor tendon injury he sustained in October would heal in time for the season. But in late January or early February, after his offseason throwing program was underway, he didn’t feel 100 percent healthy. More doctors visits and tests revealed that his tendon just hadn’t quite healed, and another round of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and stem cell therapy followed.

McCullers said he had his PRP therapy about three weeks ago and his stem cell therapy about a week ago. Surgery has not been discussed, he said, adding the doctors he’s consulted with are confident the tendon issue will resolve itself. He also said he’s had it “confirmed about four or five times from a bunch of different doctors, including (Neal) ElAttrache” that it’s not an ulnar collateral ligament issue. ElAttrache, a renowned orthopedic surgeon based in Los Angeles, did McCullers’ Tommy John surgery in November 2018.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Amos Moses said:

From The Athletic:

According to McCullers, doctors believed the flexor tendon injury he sustained in October would heal in time for the season. But in late January or early February, after his offseason throwing program was underway, he didn’t feel 100 percent healthy. More doctors visits and tests revealed that his tendon just hadn’t quite healed, and another round of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and stem cell therapy followed.

McCullers said he had his PRP therapy about three weeks ago and his stem cell therapy about a week ago. Surgery has not been discussed, he said, adding the doctors he’s consulted with are confident the tendon issue will resolve itself. He also said he’s had it “confirmed about four or five times from a bunch of different doctors, including (Neal) ElAttrache” that it’s not an ulnar collateral ligament issue. ElAttrache, a renowned orthopedic surgeon based in Los Angeles, did McCullers’ Tommy John surgery in November 2018.

Great, but does the procedure actually work?

Also, his numbers from the 2017 postseason are also lot shittier than I remembered…G5 walkoff bias I guess.

.226 career playoff batting average, .739 OPS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well damn you must really hate Craig Biggio and Jeff Bagwell then