2021-2022 Astros Offseason Thread

Planet Houston

Alright alright alright. 
That’s 8 for JV in savings, 24 for Greinke and 12 for correa. That’s $44 million to fix SS and CF. I really really really would love to see Odorizi traded, nothing done in the bullpen and $53 million spent on SS and CF to really fucking rebuild the death star. 
me don’t need Odo. 
JV, LMJ, Framber, Garcia and Urquidy. That’s a tits starting 5. 
Javier, Whitley, Bielack, Solomon, Hunter Brown and Tyler Ivey are plenty to get through the spot starts necessary during the year. 
Presley, Stanek, Maton, and 3 of those above guys are fine in the bullpen along with Baez, James, Paredes and whoever else is necessary to eat up the low leverage innings. 
2 big bats. 53 million. 1 or 2 high leverage guys at the deadline if we need them. 
lets fucking go. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Alright alright alright. 
That’s 8 for JV in savings, 24 for Greinke and 12 for correa. That’s $44 million to fix SS and CF. I really really really would love to see Odorizi traded, nothing done in the bullpen and $53 million spent on SS and CF to really fucking rebuild the death star. 
me don’t need Odo. 
Javier, Whitley, Bielack, Solomon, Hunter Brown and Tyler Ivey are plenty to get through the spot starts necessary during the year. 
Presley, Stanek, Maton, and 3 of those above guys are fine in the bullpen along with Baez, James, Paredes and whoever else is necessary to eat up the low leverage innings. 
2 big bats. 53 million. 1 or 2 high leverage guys at the deadline if we need them. 
lets fucking go. 

you can't count on trades, so i'm just penciling in odorizzi as sp6 and everybody can breathe a little.  i think one bat gets addressed in the offseason and one at the deadline.  did we get confirmation about meyers' status yet?

also i still want bassitt, so maybe you can count on trades.

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

you can't count on trades, so i'm just penciling in odorizzi as sp6 and everybody can breathe a little.  i think one bat gets addressed in the offseason and one at the deadline.  did we get confirmation about meyers' status yet?

also i still want bassitt, so maybe you can count on trades.

Veteran bats in walk years are almost as cheap as relievers. If you tell me we get one bat now and one bat later I’m ok with that. 

Alright alright alright. 
me don’t need Odo. 
lets fucking go. 

I want to add Mchugh, just because.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Alright alright alright. 
me don’t need Odo. 
lets fucking go. 

Good lord you are way over analyzing this shit. Take a few deep breaths.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Good lord you are way over analyzing this shit. Take a few deep breaths.

This is how I have fun. The regular season is long and pretty much plays out how a team is constructed in the off-season. Playoffs is my favorite followed by team building followed by regular season followed by spring training. 
Think of this like recruiting season for college football. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

My favorite thing about the JV deal is the 2nd yr is player option and not team option. It seems like it would be nearly impossible for him to turn that yr down i would think.

So i am fully prepared for 2 more years

Not pooping on the party, but should JV choose not to exercise the player option, is there any compensation for the Astros, should Verlander sign with another team?

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

My favorite thing about the JV deal is the 2nd yr is player option and not team option. It seems like it would be nearly impossible for him to turn that yr down i would think.

So i am fully prepared for 2 more years

my favorite thing about the jv deal is the amount of moron baseball fans who think houston is some rotten shithole franchise with a poison culture and how it must drive them crazy that great players love playing here.  this kind of signing tells everyone in mlb what's what.

kinda like when guys like bassitt and donaldson give these interviews or make twitter comments.  they're sending smoke signals to our people.  i know he was mopey, but that was an important interview graveman gave after the trade.  players talk.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1