[Game Thread] Texas @ Iowa State on FS1

immamac

Putting this at the feet of the QB seems misplaced. 

Card is not the best option to have the play call break down immediately and run like hell towards the sticks like Sam was and Josh is. 

Sark is REAL good at having the creme de la creme OL holding up the pressure to allow his witchery to develop.

If we had that here, Card is the better choice to exploit "all gas, no brakes".

If we have what we actually have here, Thompson is the better choice to "run, (the Pink Floyd kind of "run") for his life in hopes of a first down offense that became popular here, and foundational here 

A

LONG

TIME

AGO

this will take longer to implement than anyone has the patience or the tolerance for.  This is rooted in the struggle and won't be fixed now, next week nor next year nor with the next coach nor with the next quarterback. 

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The second half collapses are inexplicable.

But almost as inexplicable are the first half successes.  And a lot of that clearly IS coaching.

Well the thing about coaching is teaching this shit takes time to build in the subconscious tapes so the players can execute in the moment. I’m not sure he’s had enough time to do that. Not saying he’s going to be able to do it, but a new coach with a shit roster and less than 5 months of practice?  Yeah that’s not enough time.  It can take 1-2 years to build good habits that translate to well executed play in the moment.  I think the second half adjustments bullshit is overstated this early in his tenure. His players aren’t that good.the blown leads are something but I can’t say for sure that he’s a doomed failure because of that in his first year with shit talent. I do think he’s being challenged in ways he hasn’t and I bet his leadership is faltering as the team quits and he’s trying to figure out how to lead a shit team. That’s a problem for sure. But maybe he can regroup. I don’t know, but next year will tell us everything we need to know - recruiting and his ability to teach fundamentals to a level they show up in the games. At best it’s 50/50.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Watching us makes me sad. And I don't watch sports to be sad. I've been a fan of UT football for over 50 years and can't recall when we ever looked this lifeless and inept week after week. I see nothing at all being built for the future, and the present is horrible.

The fact we weren't competitive tonight wasn't at all shocking. That says a lot, because ISU is no special team. We'll be quite lucky to win six games, and I don't expect it. 

Maybe if they move the campus to Luling, players will quit signing to enjoy the good life in Austin. Bring us a bunch of football players, because these crops of overrated pretty boys aren't getting it done. 

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

Watching us makes me sad. And I don't watch sports to be sad. I've been a fan of UT football for over 50 years and can't recall when we ever looked this lifeless and inept week after week. I see nothing at all being built for the future, and the present is horrible.

The fact we weren't competitive tonight wasn't at all shocking. That says a lot, because ISU is no special team. We'll be quite lucky to win six games, and I don't expect it. 

Maybe if they move the campus to Luling, players will quit signing to enjoy the good life in Austin. Bring us a bunch of football players, because these crops of overrated pretty boys aren't getting it done. 

That is a stupid take and you should be ashamed.