Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

I hope everyone saw that aggy choke job in softball.

How fitting would it be if we hired Tim Walton after that?

See it? I’m here to document aggy meltdown.

Aggy was 1 strike away from the WCWS. Pitching to a freshman.

313a837cead09740b691b6f28ebdfd83.jpg

And guess what happens next?

...just guess...

09f69ab1452e381f8d1fed5e2d5758d2.jpg

And then

e272e2ce891aeba9df84987fe67b5ffd.jpg

84c4ae97a2227824e1d8b36bdad29e67.jpg

439565de86d10297c84f8ae0122c5ee2.jpg

5c2c0db0b12d8afa85a5fcde3ac481c0.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

See it? I’m here to document aggy meltdown.

Aggy was 1 strike away from the WCWS. Pitching to a freshman.

And guess what happens next?

...just guess...

And then

5c2c0db0b12d8afa85a5fcde3ac481c0.jpg

What a shame.  Really it is.....

3 hours ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

And then aggy goes retro—channeling their inner Javorskie Lane.

c10d090db085e215a3732e5c7d547814.jpg

sec graduate? i thought that was just a joke around here.  nope, turns out it's true.  "i'm a texum sec university graduate"

• Haha 1

Those two losses by the lady ags were devastating, the way they lost them.  For the most part, they outplayed Florida, but somehow found a way to lose.  If you don't watch softball,  theses forums don't do the losses justice.  I think these losses will haunt these girls for a long time.  It's hard to watch young ladies lose in just big games...even aggy....but that's just me.  The guys....well, it doesn't bother me at all.  Maybe having a daughter who played has something to do with it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Those two losses by the lady ags were devastating, the way they lost them.  For the most part, they outplayed Florida, but somehow found a way to lose.  If you don't watch softball,  theses forums don't do the losses justice.  I think these losses will haunt these girls for a long time.  It's hard to watch young ladies lose in just big games...even aggy....but that's just me.  The guys....well, it doesn't bother me at all.  Maybe having a daughter who played has something to do with it.

I'll allow it.

9 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Go Gata. 

23 minutes ago, bluto said:

In DFW I see aggy friends on fbook rsvp-ing for "SEC Happy Hour"... yes, the fans/grads of an athletic conference have a joint happy hour. 

I would be surprised if anyone outside of aggy is there.  They would ruin happy hour everyone else.

6 minutes ago, ousux said:

No true aggy has ever said "hi" like a normal human being in their entire life.

They don't say "howdy" correctly, either. Just as a general rule, it's not supposed to sound like it's being barked by a lunch lady on speed, it's supposed to be slow, drawled, and have an air of genuine friendliness about it. If the recipient is startled out of their inner reflections, it was done incorrectly.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

They don't say "howdy" correctly, either. Just as a general rule, it's not supposed to sound like it's being barked by a lunch lady on speed, it's supposed to be slow, drawled, and have an air of genuine friendliness about it. If the recipient is startled out of their inner reflections, it was done incorrectly.

Well, I still say "howwwwwwww - dee" to my few aggy friends.  Really pisses them off.  Hehehe.

6 hours ago, George Clooney said:

SIAP, but this Dennis Dodd article from 2002 highlighting how Fran was a game-changer for aggy is hilarious. It’s strange though because it comes across like Looch wrote it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20031204135917/http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/5982430

Things just got real weird and funky and wild and fun again in Texas football. Not that the state sport didn't have all those labels before, but the sun set Thursday with a new set of rules.

Three weeks before Christmas, Coach Fran is comin' to town. The implications couldn't be bigger if Donald Trump gave everything away.

Orly?

6 hours ago, kopp0e said:

But will Collie Station still chant SEC..?

Of course they will.  aggy has no accomplishments to take pride in themselves, so they must take pride in their associations with others who actually have accomplishments.  Even if those accomplishments come at aggy's expense.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
Duh.
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Of course they will.  aggy has no accomplishments to take pride in themselves, so they must take pride in their associations with others who actually have accomplishments.  Even if those accomplishments come at aggy's expense.

Well, the aggy program is national champions at having the most "almost wins of all time" I am sure...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Well, the aggy program is national champions at having the most "almost wins of all time" I am sure...

Well, they apparently hold the NCAA record for running out of time. 

What they fail to realize is that time management that poor just means you'e a dumbass.

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

Well, they apparently hold the NCAA record for running out of time. 

What they fail to realize is that time management that poor just means you'e a dumbass.

College "mismanagement" Station should be the campus' middle name...

59acd763d915b27ffd000001.png

• Haha 1

On 5/26/2018 at 8:41 PM, ousux said:

Did not know you could graduate with a degree in SEC..

I got learnt today.

The athletes actually graduate with a Sports Education Certificate (sec).  Change your tassel to the other side as you leave the stage. Whoop.

Edited by Cairn Horn88

SIAP, but this Dennis Dodd article from 2002 highlighting how Fran was a game-changer for aggy is hilarious. It’s strange though because it comes across like Looch wrote it.
https://web.archive.org/web/20031204135917/http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/5982430
Wow

That's freakin' amazing. National writers have been trying to convince us that Aggie is a "Sleeping Giant" for decades

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

Wow

That's freakin' amazing. National writers have been trying to convince us that Aggie is a "Sleeping Giant" for decades

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

That giant must’ve been given a shit load of elephant tranquilizer. Or he’s in a fucking coma. 

More “sleeping giant” fun (after Sherman was hired):

“A&M went 32-28 in five seasons under Franchione and couldn't
gain ground on the Big 12's elite teams, going 3-12 against
Oklahoma, Texas and Texas Tech. The Aggies haven't won the Big 12 since 1998.

Sherman called the program "a sleeping giant" and vowed to
turn things around.

"There is no doubt in my mind what can be accomplished here,"
he said. "I know a lot of coaches would say the same thing. But I
know the landscape here. I know the recruiting base. I know what
needs to be done."

Edited by Sejjr