Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

re: A&M about to start its next round of facility upgradesPosted on 6/15/21 at 10:09 am to PCRammer

They are really focused on aesthetic improvements, which are sorely needed. Hell, it looks like they are building a man-made lake to fix the drainage issues in the area. I think it is wild how fast A&M is changing these days”

That man-made lake is a great way to repurpose their sewage spill reservoir.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

20 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

Precipice? Is that even a word?

If you say that someone is on the edge of a precipice, you mean that they are in a dangerous situation in which they are extremely close to disaster or failure. The aggy now stands on the brink of their annual precipice. Synonyms: cliff, crag, rock face, cliff face More Synonyms of precipice.

I don't understand this desire to play aggy. I can understand us reluctantly agreeing to listen to them if they are clamoring for it. But aggy is not interested. I doubt the game day would be any better when playing aggy when compared to any other P5 OOC we have on schedule. For multiple reasons, it would be just a distraction with almost no benefit. Let aggy be content with the second tier SEC status. We can continue to focus on our OOC approach of playing schools from across the nation.

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Damnit, CDC, why did you even give them that excuse? I doubt their dumbasses thought of it, until now.

Not going to happen no matter what.  Didnt you hear?  It is a dumb game for them to play.  If they win, it was because they should.  If they lose, then it will be an upset and hurt their schedule for losing to a BDF team.

Plus, as mentioned, the future games vs. Prairie View A&M, Tarleton, and McNeese are set in stone. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AeroHorn said:

I don't understand this desire to play aggy. I can understand us reluctantly agreeing to listen to them if they are clamoring for it. But aggy is not interested. I doubt the game day would be any better when playing aggy when compared to any other P5 OOC we have on schedule. For multiple reasons, it would be just a distraction with almost no benefit. Let aggy be content with the second tier SEC status. We can continue to focus on our OOC approach of playing schools from across the nation.

It's worse than no benefit. It is a hassle. They are assholes who do shit like refuse to feed our team before a game and call all the players' rooms all night after our school does nothing but extend grace to theirs. Fuck 'em.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Not going to happen no matter what.  Didnt you hear?  It is a dumb game for them to play.  If they win, it was because they should.  If they lose, then it will be an upset and hurt their schedule for losing to a BDF team.
Plus, as mentioned, the future games vs. Prairie View A&M, Tarleton, and McNeese are set in stone. 
It's almost as if the ESPN talking heads never take that into consideration when sucking off aggy micropeen. Then again, the rest of the SEC also have a series of cupcake parties so they cant single out one school..

We have had some epic plays in the history of our program, and this one is not too far from the top of the list. Not because it meant much or because it was a great display of athleticism or heroism, but because it was so ridiculously ugly and unlikely, and it led to a dagger into the heart of the Fucktards on the Brazos.
I'd buy Case McCoy an O'Douls any day.
While the derp walk on aggy was more signifcant, the Caseplant handoff to Malcom Brown for a td against UCLA is still vivid in my memory banks.

26 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

With aggy breaking in a new QB, King or Calzada, they may struggle with Mizzou and Ole Miss on the road.  Alabama should beat them as usual and LSU on the road will not be a cakewalk.  

Do you not texags?

Your “breaking in a new QB” is aggy’s “exciting and refreshing QB battle that we have no idea where it leads.”

There are no more telling lies than the lies we tell ourselves. 

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3204494

7 hours ago, South Austin said:

Wow.  Seems like only 1,284 days ago.

I still recall the reaction from my aggy cousin.  She called 2-3 times during the game to talk shit.  When we won, she actually called to let me know that the refs screwed aggy out of a victory and that it wasn't fair that TX won.

This is the same cousin that set up her brother's funeral as aggy themed, complete with the aggy war hymn at the end.  At the end of the song, she yelled at me across the room, "That's for you!".  Fun times.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lemonandaturd said:

With aggy breaking in a new QB, King or Calzada, they may struggle with Mizzou and Ole Miss on the road.  Alabama should beat them as usual and LSU on the road will not be a cakewalk.  

Don't forget they have a new starter at every OL position as well.  They'll have a good D', but I see quiet a few close games with that O' bogging down.