• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

17 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

No offense, but fuck that noise. I don't give a shit about being an "SEC Blueblood," whatever that even means. We elevate them, all of them, simply by being there. We're the dominant brand in the SEC from the day we join, or rather, we transcend the SEC brand and none of the others do. Comparing the  prestige of Texas to somebody like Alabama or LSU is like comparing Apple to the Lakers and the Miami Heat. 

Absolutely. We're Texas.

• Hook 'Em 4

13 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

No offense, but fuck that noise. I don't give a shit about being an "SEC Blueblood," whatever that even means. We elevate them, all of them, simply by being there. We're the dominant brand in the SEC from the day we join, or rather, we transcend the SEC brand and none of the others do. Comparing the  prestige of Texas to somebody like Alabama or LSU is like comparing Apple to the Lakers and the Miami Heat. 

I'm gonna laugh so hard I'll piss my pants when we win an SEC championship before aggy

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2023 at 7:37 AM, NoName said:

I love this podcast/show. This was a really good episode, one of the few times where someone who is covering what that staff did got appropriately pissed off. The fact that all sports media has seemingly forgotten about this, and has failed to ask anyone associated with atm about Durkin's role and responsibility in this is appalling. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Texas Board, I get it.  You are indeed a great catch.   Similar to Florida in both academics and in overall athletic program excellence.   You are a great get for the SEC, truly.   There is no reason not to think that your program is on a trajectory to win the Big-12 this year - and compete for the SEC Title your first SEC year.     I personally think our first UF-UT SEC meeting will be a Gator Loss, as we only finally got our recruiting turned around.   If Billy can survive until that kicks in we may get good again. 

Maybe its because UF just won the Capital One Cup and I don’t think UF needs to kneel before Zod.  Or because UF has won two MNCs in football since you.  And been in the baseball Championship game three times since you beat us in ‘05 (albeit we won only 1 of the 3, losing to two other SEC teams and beating one SEC team).  And we won back-to-back Natties in basketball.  (Duke and Florida in the last 50 years) 

IOW, Texas has the overall outstanding academic and athletic chops to shit on most of the other SEC mooks as a package. And most def can shit all over lil bro Aggy.   I’ll co-sign that.  But leave UF out when you speak of your vast superiority.   You are our equal.  In the big three men’s sports we’ve had a bit more recent success, and your historical success kicks our ass.   What matters is the now.  See Nebraska. 

652344F9-DF47-4E53-8E23-CA563E481654.gif.1085a9cf6c06cf1bc5a602c0fd7ae090.gif

This is now the time when we dance and neg Gator…

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Texas Board, I get it.  You are indeed a great catch.   Similar to Florida in both academics and in overall athletic program excellence.   You are a great get for the SEC, truly.   There is no reason not to think that your program is on a trajectory to win the Big-12 this year - and compete for the SEC Title your first SEC year.     I personally think our first UF-UT SEC meeting will be a Gator Loss, as we only finally got our recruiting turned around.   If Billy can survive until that kicks in we may get good again. 

Maybe its because UF just won the Capital One Cup and I don’t think UF needs to kneel before Zod.  Or because UF has won two MNCs in football since you.  And been in the baseball Championship game three times since you beat us in ‘05 (albeit we won only 1 of the 3, losing to two other SEC teams and beating one SEC team).  And we won back-to-back Natties in basketball.  (Duke and Florida in the last 50 years) 

IOW, Texas has the overall outstanding academic and athletic chops to shit on most of the other SEC mooks as a package. And most def can shit all over lil bro Aggy.   I’ll co-sign that.  But leave UF out when you speak of your vast superiority.   You are our equal.  In the big three men’s sports we’ve had a bit more recent success, and your historical success kicks our ass.   What matters is the now.  See Nebraska. 

652344F9-DF47-4E53-8E23-CA563E481654.gif.1085a9cf6c06cf1bc5a602c0fd7ae090.gif

This is now the time when we dance and neg Gator…

Yall have us beat in murderers and coaches that like to give co-eds the shocker in public 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Caver60 said:

You make a decent argument on the big three sports, but that’s about it.

In terms of brand and overall athletic department success, Florida is not our equal. No one is.

Tree says “Hi!”.

Not our best year in the directors cup. But if I remember correctly, Florida is the only program since it’s inception 38 years ago to never drop out of the top 10.  Texas can’t say that.  Nobody else can.  The Gators are one of only two programs in the country to capture a national championship in each of the previous 13 complete seasons.

Our number nine finish in the Directors Cup this year is the lowest in a long time.   We were 5 last year.  We will never beat Stanford, because Florida has about a third less athletic programs than most other universities.  Stanford can always be counted on to win transgender midget volleyball and blind Mongolian pistol and such, where UF does not participate.

I have nothing for respect for Texas and its overall athletic prowess.  But if you look at 10 15 or 20 year periods, I don’t think your program has it over UF, or if it does,  not by much, and certainly not every year.   

I’d be an idiot to expect anyone on this board to say that Florida is better.  All that I’m saying is that I do not acknowledge your superiority.   UF has been successful for a long time in many sports.  Like I say, having Texas join is like an equal to us joining.   You make up for our poor decisions taking the Mizzou and Pig  and Aggy.  

Thank God you are joining. 

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Stanford's brand pales in comparison to UT's.  It's lunacy to suggest otherwise.

Is it a better academic institution?  Yes.  Does it do very well athletically in the aggregate?  Yes, but UT is close, with the two schools going 1/2 in the Directors Cup this year, whereas UT took it 1/2 over Stanford the two years prior.  Are people across the country buying Stanford merch more than they buy UT merch?  No, not even close.

It's a measurable statistic.  UT is the biggest brand in college sports.  No argument allowed.  Stanford is most certainly not in the conversation.  UF sells a lot of gear, too, but UT tops the list.

Congrats on the national titles.  We look forward to the competition going forward, and getting out of this shithole of a conference.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Stanford's brand pales in comparison to UT's.  It's lunacy to suggest otherwise.

Is it a better academic institution?  Yes.  Does it do very well athletically in the aggregate?  Yes, but it's close, with the two schools going 1/2 in the Directors CUp this year, whereas UT took it 1/2 over Stanford the two years prior.  Are people across the country buying Stanford merch more than they buy UT merch?  No, not even close.

It's a measurable statistic.  UT is the biggest brand in college sports.  No argument allowed.  A few schools are close, like UNC, but UF and Stanford are not in the conversation.

Congrats on the national titles.  We look forward to the competition going forward, and getting out of this shithole of a conference.

Are we all intentionally ignoring the existence of Notre Dame or am I missing something? 

• Hook 'Em 3

In fairness to Florida, one would have to define terms to say with any certainty which school has the best or biggest brand. By some criteria, Florida is in our stratum. By some, we lag Harvard, Stanford, or Notre Dame. Texas, nevertheless, is Texas.

edit Gothic posted about ND while I was still typing-- I agree.

Edited by Magus Ossis
  • Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Tree says “Hi!”.

Not our best year in the directors cup. But if I remember correctly, Florida is the only program since it’s inception 38 years ago to never drop out of the top 10.  Texas can’t say that.  Nobody else can.  The Gators are one of only two programs in the country to capture a national championship in each of the previous 13 complete seasons.

Our number nine finish in the Directors Cup this year is the lowest in a long time.   We were 5 last year.  We will never beat Stanford, because Florida has about a third less athletic programs than most other universities.  Stanford can always be counted on to win transgender midget volleyball and blind Mongolian pistol and such, where UF does not participate.

I have nothing for respect for Texas and its overall athletic prowess.  But if you look at 10 15 or 20 year periods, I don’t think your program has it over UF, or if it does,  not by much, and certainly not every year.   

I’d be an idiot to expect anyone on this board to say that Florida is better.  All that I’m saying is that I do not acknowledge your superiority.   UF has been successful for a long time in many sports.  Like I say, having Texas join is like an equal to us joining.   You make up for our poor decisions taking the Mizzou and Pig  and Aggy.  

Thank God you are joining. 

It terms of a combination of brand power / academics / athletic success, Florida is definitely the closest to UT of all the SEC schools. And on the short list nationally along with Michigan, Ohio State, USC and maybe a couple of others.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Are we all intentionally ignoring the existence of Notre Dame or am I missing something? 

I'm not "ignoring" them, I was addressing the Stanford/Florida discussion.  Notre Dame is way up there, 'bama is, UF often is, Michigan, UNC, etc. 

2 hours ago, speed817 said:

That’s just your standard college football team entrance, nothing special.  The only unique thing about it is that they have the players run past 2 lines of cosplaying homosexuals.  Which is actually pretty progressive for that school.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, txhorns said:

That’s just your standard college football team entrance, nothing special.  The only unique thing about it is that they have the players run past 2 lines of cosplaying homosexuals.  Which is actually pretty progressive for that school.

Well, it’s their attempt at being inclusive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, txhorns said:

The best part of their runout was Power by Kanye. Now that it has been removed its just like any other. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

That's ok with me.

Yup.   Now that you’re finally joining us, we expect a master class in how to annoy Aggie.  Then again, you just joining will likely do that. 

My guess is that the closer that date comes, the weirder and more agitated Aggy will become.  If possible.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Yup.   Now that you’re finally joining us, we expect a master class in how to annoy Aggie.  Then again, you just joining will likely do that. 

My guess is that the closer that date comes, the weirder and more agitated Aggy will become.  If possible.  

Easiest way to annoy aggy: Be Texas

They hate us because they ain't us.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1