• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

23 minutes ago, Plorant said:

My wife went to Murray State.  I was like there is no way she is an Aggie.  They are the Racers.

Man, I’m sorry. You’re right. Apparently there’s a 2-year college in Oklahoma called Murray State College. They actually are called the Aggies, although I don’t know why—it doesn’t appear that they have any athletics at all. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murray_State_College

I got my Aggie list from:

https://www.thebaseballcube.com/content/college_nn/Aggies/

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, deft said:

https://deadspin.com/college-football-texas-a-m-jimbo-fisher-aggies-1850992921

So you can write about sports without watching the games it seems.  Just look at the stats line on the epsn app after the game and then write stupid shit. Unsuprisingly, the app doesn't track zebra favoritism.  

I didn’t know Deadspin was still a thing

You got to think that if A&M beats Miss State and ACU there will be some what if posts, "If only Jaylen Henderson was the season starter we would be 11-0."
I want to see how many starters sit out against Abilene. Absolutely nothing to gain but potential injuries playing a game like that late in the season.
  • Like 1

Man, I’m sorry. You’re right. Apparently there’s a 2-year college in Oklahoma called Murray State College. They actually are called the Aggies, although I don’t know why—it doesn’t appear that they have any athletics at all. 
So you're saying Murray State College seems to be on par with aggy for trophies? That's big time for a 2 year commuter school..
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I didn’t know Deadspin was still a thing

That guy is a wannabe Nebraska guy. Went to Nebraska-at Omaha, grew up there.  He has trauma from growing up watching us bend Nebraska over every which way.   He also thinks being nasty to people when they are successful is “telling truth to power.”

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, Colonel Sanders said:
You got to think that if A&M beats Miss State and ACU there will be some what if posts, "If only Jaylen Henderson was the season starter we would be 11-0."

I want to see how many starters sit out against Abilene. Absolutely nothing to gain but potential injuries playing a game like that late in the season.

As unlikely as it is, it seems like a loss to ACU would be the only possible way for them to muster up enough courage/cash to possibly drop Jimbo.  That’s not a good outcome.  

But then again, it’s so funny.  The absolute unbridled hilarity would make me laugh 10 years from now.  

So kinda house money here. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nnm said:

It took me a few minutes to compile this today. After Nov. 4 games, the fightin’ texum aggy can legitimately say they’re not the worst Aggies on the gridiron:
Aggie Cup Standings

Delaware Valley 8-1

NMSU 7-3

UC Davis 5-4

TAMU 5-4

Utah State 4-5

Oklahoma Panhandle State 4-6

Murray State 2-7

NC A&T 1-8

Top 4 make the playoffs.  They're right where they wanna be!

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, nnm said:

It took me a few minutes to compile this today. After Nov. 4 games, the fightin’ texum aggy can legitimately say they’re not the worst Aggies on the gridiron:
Aggie Cup Standings

Delaware Valley 8-1

NMSU 7-3

UC Davis 5-4

TAMU 5-4

Utah State 4-5

Oklahoma Panhandle State 4-6

Murray State 2-7

NC A&T 1-8

They’re right in the meaty part of the bell curve.  What are they complaining about?  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You can play a football game with broken ribs with the right amount of pain killers and uppers. Can’t do it at QB, but I am certain it can be done at other high contact positions. 

I've had broken/fractured ribs several times in my life, thankfully long after my playing days were long gone. I cannot imagine playing much less taking a big hit with stoved up ribs, nor imagine how strong the pain killers would have to be to accomplish that. The first time I tore up my ribs I was 38 years old and was already taking 10mg vicodin due to my accident(leg). They did not even touch the pain as far as my ribs went. It seems to me that anything strong enough to offset the pain of broken ribs would render you so impaired you wouldn't be able to play.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, nnm said:

Pretty much like the folks in Collie Station huh?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Pretty sure he's been banged up for awhile but has been playing through it.  After Bilbos' childish screaming fit in front of the whole world yesterday,  Max probably said "fuck it, I'm hurt and I'm out of here".

So tell me exactly why Weigman doesn’t hit the portal? Let’s face it looking at his longevity at aggy you would think Ma and Pa Weigman wouldn’t want to waste their sons health and future on Jimbo’s incompetence. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Jimbo QBs since Winston

2012 - Jamis Winston (EXCEPTION TO THE JIMBO RULE)

2013 - John Franklin ( TRANSFERRED IN 2014 )

2014 - JJ Cosentino (TRASNFERED IN 2018 )

2015 - De’Andre Johnson (ended up at Last Chance U)

2015 - Deondre Francois (KICKED OFF TEAM DOMESTIC ABUSE)

2016 - Malik Henry (ended up at Last Chance U)

2017 - Bailey Hockman (TRANSFERRED OUT IN 2018)

2017 - James Blackman (TRANSFERRED OUT 2020)

2018 - James Foster - (TRANSFERRED OUT 2020)

2019 - Zach Calzada - (TRANSFERRED OUT 2022)

2020 - Haynes King - (TRANSFERRED OUT 2022)

2021 - Eli Stowers - (TRANSFERRED OUT 2022)

2022 - Conner Weigman - TBD

John Franklin was also on Last Chance U

2 hours ago, VoteforHank said:

So tell me exactly why Weigman doesn’t hit the portal? Let’s face it looking at his longevity at aggy you would think Ma and Pa Weigman wouldn’t want to waste their sons health and future on Jimbo’s incompetence. 

How i the hell am I supposed to know the mind of aggy?

Empty brain pot I guess.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I’m sorry, but was it known that these idiots were still running a bonfire each year? I had no idea and it blows my mind. 

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3404507/1#discussion

From what I understand, they started having "unofficial" fires that weren't officially sponsored by the university sometime after the tragedy. I have no clue what they've been burning them for since 2011 though. 

• Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, TexArcher said:

As someone who was a kid in the 80's and a high schooler in the early 90's, this 25-year saga of ineptitude gruntles me so much.

Maybe y'all should go back to paying players?  Oh, wait, everybody gets to do that now.

Well, at least you've still got the pitch about playing in the SEC and staying home in Texas.  Oh, wait, big brother has that pitch now, too, plus we're better than you in literally every other way.

Shit, I don't know what to tell y'all.  Make another "We're not weird" video?  Yeah, get the word out!  Let all those super talented, 18-year-old inner city black kids know that a place that's 95% white rednecks who hang out at a place called the *Dixie* Chicken is just misunderstood.

You fucking losers.  You're about to be Vanderbilt without the academics not long after Texas arrives.  You'll be lucky not to be sent back to the Big 12.  No one likes y'all.

I started at UT in Fall of 1996. Since then the gomers have managed to lose 4 games in a season all but 3 of those years 1998, 2012, & 2020. I remember how insufferable the sports talk radio shows were all through middle school and high school with all the hayseeds calling in pontificating what might have happened Uncle Rico style had insert mediocre QB here (Pullig, Richardson, et all) not gotten hurt in that one game yadda yadda yadda.

At least now everyone realizes how delusional and stupid the A&M callers are after 28 seasons and counting of mediocrity.

Edited by Pimphand
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I can’t stop laughing…

I was wondering who the ST coach is to see who they are trying to put the blame on and no one is named the ST coach on their official website. That might explain the woes. Plus the ST was responsible for 7 points. Jumbo trying to deflect the blame. Liucci still toeing the line. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I can’t stop laughing…

It’s also dumb.  Special teams were a net positive against Miami.  A&M Blocked punt and punt return setup very short field touch downs for their offense.  

Against Ole Miss they had a blocked field goal return for a touchdown.  There was a sequence of plays started by a terrible holding call against Ole Miss that took a TD off the board.  Was a 14 point swing.  And gave Ags life.  Only reason they weren’t blown out.  Same as Bama.  Only reason they were in the game was a ticks tacky personal foul on Bama FG block that would have otherwise been returned for a TD. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’m sorry, but was it known that these idiots were still running a bonfire each year? I had no idea and it blows my mind. 

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3404507/1#discussion

Yes. And if we play them on Thanksgiving weekend next year, they will make a huge deal out of the 25th anniversary of the collapse. 

I mean when Clayton Tune steals your job.  How many times did bro get sacked yesterday?

Still hilarious their one win on the season is vs Dallas.

1 minute ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Four plays > 25 yards through 6 SEC games?  Christ that's bad.  We had that many through 3 quarters vs KSt.

Touchdowns not plays but still pretty badass duo of Petrino & Fisher