• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Been reading some of the threads about if they stayed in the Big 12. Why do they assume they would be able to beat Baylor right now???

That’s the beauty of the “100 year decision”.  They get to be victorious over the “whorns” without having to actually play and win the game.  Their victory was just getting into Alabama’s conference and claiming secsec bottom dweller.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Texags is once again in anarchy. Laughing at these threads. I don't know what's worse; their self loathing and misery, or the fact that they're becoming self aware...

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3067575 - GONE

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3067696

moi kicking in

44 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I love that a couple of them mention "equal revenue sharing" as a feature of the SEC.  They didn't want equal revenue sharing in the B12.

They *demanded* there not be equal revenue sharing, they *demanded* a big-boy share, they *demanded* the hostage money from the orphan 5, and they *demanded* we cancel every signed out-of-conference contract for the following 12 years because they *demanded* that we would continue to play them because it was their right to play the game upon which they have built their entire identity.

Texags is once again in anarchy. Laughing at these threads. I don't know what's worse; their self loathing and misery, or the fact that they're becoming self aware...
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3067575
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3067696

I've seen more self awareness the past two months than I ever have since they aggy themselves to my attention as a wee lad.

Not sure this is a good trend..

3 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

They *demanded* there not be equal revenue sharing, they *demanded* a big-boy share, they *demanded* the hostage money from the orphan 5, and they *demanded* we cancel every signed out-of-conference contract for the following 12 years because they *demanded* that we would continue to play them because it was their right to play the game upon which they have built their entire identity.

Here is the "unequal distribution" numbers for '07-'08. The difference between what the aggys received and the largest recipient was less than $1 mil. Last year, the difference between what the aggys received in the S!E!C! and the school receiving the largest conference distribution was 2.5X that amount.

large.1550206821_2007-2008Big12unequaldistributions.jpeg.63d4a43e0cac13eaa034d6689a4c2953.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pancho said:

Do yourself a favor a get a cup of coffee then head over to texags. Oh boy

What I love best is that Luigi and Co. delete threads that are a little too critical of aggy football.   Either they feel the need to protect aggy football, or somebody in the aggy athletic department is asking them to censor those threads.   

Either way it’s pathetic that they can’t handle the truth.   

And there are aggy fans tossing money Luigi’s way that are okay with being told that they can’t criticize aggy football too harshly.  

Meanwhile, we use our forums to organize airplane banners in an attempt to get coaches fired.   

Edited by atomheartbevo

On 10/12/2019 at 8:02 AM, Randolph Duke said:

I honestly and sincerely apologize if my snarl was misinterpreted. Those low IQ fucks have stalked elementary school children down in Houston that the ignorantly believed were mine. They found some teacher down in Frisco who I have never met and have been stalking her, erroneously believing she is my ex wife (I’ve never been divorced). 

The ags are white trash. My comments were intended for the bullshit sentiment that, as fans, aggys are “uber alles.” 

Fuck aggy. And I mean that sincerely.

The state of Texas deserves better than Texas A&M. 

I’ve been gleefully reading your posts for years. I had no idea the mouth breathers were coming for you and yours. This really pisses me off. 

Stay safe sir. Your work to expose aggy dumbfuckery is appreciated. 

Anybody post this yet? Of course this was a John Sharp idea.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/10/14/texas-m-system-chancellor-john-sharp-got-parakeets-his-office/

COLLEGE STATION — Last fall, employees in a Texas A&M University System office space were alerted that three parakeets had been placed in the building’s light-filled atrium, and that more were on the way.

They were to be greeted warmly: “The first word we would like to teach them is 'HOWDY!'" an employee for Chancellor John Sharp wrote in an October 2018 email. “Please help them learn by addressing them this way when you see them.”

But — for at least a few days — the birds prompted a different reaction from some employees, who said in emails that their winged guests took to “flying around like crazy” and “don’t understand why we are chasing them.”

“Four birds landed on Cliff’s computer last night. Lona chased them out with a baby gate, while Wanda waved her hands like a crazy person so the bird would not fly down towards our area,” an employee wrote in an October 2018 email. “I hear 2 more birds will be arriving soon. Trying to hold it together over here… are we really spending time on birds?”

The Texas Tribune thanks its sponsors. Become one.

"This is not funny and this isn’t a good environment for the birds,” the employee wrote in a separate email. "Maybe someone could recommend we buy a cage and put the birds in it, if we need to have birds, they should be contained.”

Another person asked a colleague in May if they had been "'pooped' upon yet."

A green parakeet, right, is camouflaged in the birds' favorite tree in the Moore/Connally Building in College Station on Friday, Aug. 9, 2019. People have tied treats and toys for the birds on several of the trees in the building.

Two parakeets greet each other in the Moore/Connally Building in College Station on Friday, Aug. 9, 2019.

Dorothy Thompson watches the birds in the Moore/Connally Building in College Station on Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2019. Thompson sets out millet as a treat for the birds three times a week and is known around the building as the "treat lady."

Parakeets perch on moulding on the third floor of the Moore/Connally Building in College Station on Friday, Aug. 9, 2019.

Five parakeets live in the Moore/Connally building, a Texas A&M University System administrative building in College Station. by Annie Mulligan for The Texas Tribune

A few parakeets — a larger and more vocal breed than the others — seemed to cause most of the consternation and were swiftly removed. Magnetic netting was also installed in the building, which houses the system’s administrative offices, including the chancellor’s, a few miles from A&M’s College Station campus.

A system spokesperson, Laylan Copelin, said the netting was put up to prevent the birds from flying into offices and being trapped there overnight. The five parakeets that remain in the building now are well-liked by employees, he said: “It's just the usual adjustment of new roommates.”

The birds were the brainchild of Sharp, who thought they might provide a relaxing distraction for employees, similar to how some companies host bring-your-dog-to-work days. He returned from lunch one day with several parakeets he’d picked up at a pet store, according to Copelin, and let them loose.

(That batch of birds escaped but was replaced with others.)

The Texas Tribune thanks its sponsors. Become one.

A separate group of parakeets — the bigger breed — were placed in a cage in the building last fall and remained there for several weeks while they adjusted to their new environment. But when they were released, a hubbub ensued. The birds flew at those who made eye contact and, according to one message, tried to land on people.

“Be careful if you make your way up here,” an employee warned in a January email. One person made a joking entreaty for a “personal cage” so that the birds “can be free and I’ll be protected in my cage.” Another asked if the custodians could be given a raise because the new birds might be “more to clean up after.”

A system employee advised the building’s occupants to “try to avoid physical interaction with the parrots [sic] as they acclimate to their new freedom and surroundings.”

But the big parakeets’ freedom was short-lived. After a day, they were quickly sent away to A&M’s veterinary school. They never did learn how to say “Howdy.”

Parakeets hang out in the birds' favorite tree in the Moore/Connally Building in College Station on Friday, Aug. 9, 2019. People have tied treats and toys for the birds on several of the trees in the building.

Dorothy Thompson sets out special treats for the birds in the Moore/Connally Building in College Station on Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2019.

A parakeet approaches a landing on a door moulding on the third floor of the Moore/Connally Building in College Station on Friday, Aug. 9, 2019.

Parakeets peck at a millet treat provided by Dorothy Thompson, otherwise known as the "treat lady," in the Moore/Connally Building in College Station on Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2019.

Parakeets in the Moore/Connally Building in College Station in August. Employee Dorothy Thompson, known as the "treat lady," puts out food for the birds. Annie Mulligan for The Texas Tribune

Five parakeets remain in the A&M building and, on a recent August morning, they were quiet and seemed adjusted to office life. Four of them were perched sleepily on a wooden door sill, their heads lolling towards their chests and a smattering of feathers dusting the floor beneath them.

Dorothy Thompson, an employee in the budgets and accounting department, noted they seemed quiet as she laid a sprig of millet, a bird treat, under a small tree on the third floor.

Thompson said the birds are a pleasant distraction and a point of interest for employees’ children or people delivering packages. They chirp and swoop but are not disruptive, like the larger birds, Copelin said.

Parakeets peck at a special seed treat bought and hung by A&M employee Dorothy Thompson in the Moore/Connally Building in College Station on Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2019.

A pair of parakeets perch on moulding on the third floor of the Moore/Connally Building in College Station on Friday, Aug. 9, 2019.

A toy hangs from an indoor plant in Texas A&M's Moore/Connally Building in College Station on Friday, Aug. 9, 2019. People have tied treats and toys for the birds on several of the trees in the building.

First to last: Parakeets peck at a special seed treat; a pair of parakeets perch on moulding on the third floor of the building; a toy hangs from an indoor plant on the third floor of the building. Annie Mulligan for The Texas Tribune

They live primarily on the first three floors of the building; the upper levels — which house the chancellor’s office and other system offices, do not open up to the atrium. With natural light and a ground floor filled with plants, the space lends itself to hosting parakeets, Copelin said. "They're in bird heaven."

“For us it’s just part of the normal office climate. People like them,” Copelin said.

Disclosure: The Texas A&M University System has been a financial supporter of The Texas Tribune, a nonprofit, nonpartisan news organization that is funded in part by donations from members, foundations and corporate sponsors. Financial supporters play no role in the Tribune's journalism. Find a complete list of them here.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Jersey Man10 said:

Sounds like he’s perfect for aggy.

He realizes what a shit sandwich he stepped into.  He's just trying to get out of CS and seems to give zero shits about all the agy nonsense.  If he manages to get drafted, there is a 100% chance when announcing where he went to school he rattles off his high school.  Lol

19 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

What I love best is that Luigi and Co. delete threads that are a little too critical of aggy football.   Either they feel the need to protect aggy football, or somebody in the aggy athletic department is asking them to censor those threads.   

Either way it’s pathetic that they can’t handle the truth.   

And there are aggy fans tossing money Luigi’s way that are okay with being told that they can’t criticize aggy football too harshly.  

Meanwhile, we use our forums to organize airplane banners in an attempt to get coaches fired.   

Censorship is to literature, what lynching is to justice.