• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

aggy vs. Kent State, huh? Maybe Kent State can bring along the state guard and they can call it the Fascist Bowl or something like that. Maybe even the Negligent Homicide Bowl.

mrp4IiJ.gif

tim_kerlee.jpg

kentstateshootings.jpg

vietnam-war-50.jpg?w=748

Patton once said that with an army of guardsmen he could take back the library. But with a handful of Texas Aggies, and Neidermeyer, he could secure the whole campus.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That GIF needs the Lucci pink dildo treatment.  
no it does not

this MAN has TWO degrees from Rice and fucked aggy over like no one since DX Bible conned them into that lame ass 12th derp horseshit.

he EXPOSED aggy to a much wider audience thus subjecting that freakshow cult to overwhelming well deserved ridicule.

this RICE Graduate Is a HERO.

I feel this bears explaining.
The Cotton Bowl is currently a NY6 bowl. If you don't go to the playoffs, this is the highest caliber post-season bowl you can play in. The Rose Bowl is more prestigious at this point, but otherwise, the Cotton Bowl is as prestigious as a non-playoff bowl can get.
The NY6 designation has only existed since 2014. NO ONE went to a NY6 bowl prior to 2014. They might have gone to a BCS bowl, or a Coalition bowl, or an Alliance bowl, but there was no such thing as an "NY6" bowl prior to the start of the CFB playoff.
Those bowls that NOW comprise the NY6 bowls aren't retroactively NY6 bowls. It's a nonsensical concept. The Peach Bowl was only ever at best a second-tier bowl; now, it's among the NY6, but you don't retroactively pretend like making the Peach in 1991 was the equivalent of making the Fiesta or Rose at that time.
A&M has never been to an NY6 bowl. They have, as literally most of the other programs in college football have, coincidentally played in bowls that are now considered NY6 but at the time were not in that top tier. The Cotton Bowl, after the 2012 season, was still in the second tier of bowls it had dropped to in the 1990s thanks to the SWC's slow decline and ultimate demise. The BCS was still operative in 2012, and the Cotton Bowl was NOT a BCS bowl. 
Period. There's no "yeah but" to this. 
who gives a shit aggy boy.

18 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

This cannot be emphasized enough:

FUCK Texas A&M. They murdered those kids, pure and simple. Negligent homicide, if you want to be accurate, but it's really that simple. Fuck them in their goat asses, and never have anything to do with them ever again. I am so glad to be shot of them.

One thing is true about the aggy bonfire. It truly exemplified their fucked up, redneck, incompetent culture.

Too bad kids were killed by aggy negligence before someone woke the fuck up. If only there had been signs that the sickness that is aggy culture was utterly incapable of managing such a project. If only it was something other than a completely unforeseeable act of God.

large.219384587_aggygoddamnedcotton.jpeg.16ed2a17177b2e100069afa685ee7c14.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Armybrat said:

At the same time I sure hope he reminds everybody of the idiocy of the planners & supervisors whose negligence led to the deaths of his fellow Aggies. RIP

That part is lost in all the promotion of this catastrophe. Yet the huge bonfire continues  despite the failure. I guess celebrating failure is a thing to them. It’s as if we would continue to let people take rifles to  or jump off the  the top of the Texas Tower.

30 minutes ago, El Squared said:

That part is lost in all the promotion of this catastrophe. Yet the huge bonfire continues  despite the failure. I guess celebrating failure is a thing to them. It’s as if we would continue to let people take rifles to  or jump off the  the top of the Texas Tower.

That they congratulate themselves for their actions on the anniversary of the student murders on their campus is repugnant.

They also have no fucking clue (and no ability whatsoever to learn) about the origins of their sacred "bonfire turdition." According to their own school paper (April 17, 1914), the first bonfire wasn't in 1909, as this farcical film asserts, or in 1907, as evidently fabricated in fish camp fairy tales. It was 1902.

That they claim to be a "great research university steeped in tradition." That they can't even reference their own on-campus (and online) school newspaper archive is indicative of the bullshit quality of the aggy education.

Not a single aggy cares enough about their school or their culture to document and pass down the actual history and traditions of their school. The entirety of aggy culture is based upon hagiographic, bull shit fairy tales that bear no attachment to reality. The essence of aggy culture is to perpetuate ignorance, not to enlighten, inform, or to educate. 

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

13th Man Documentary

64 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Howdy101

I saw on Facebook a video posted by Kia Roundtree from the Off Campus Hogs (thank you for posting) about the 13th Man film featuring Charlie Mann about John Comstock.

Mr. Mann starts off saying Bonfire started on campus in 1909. It actually started in 1907 off campus. Not trying to critize him, just letting him know. I'm very happy to hear that John is still Pro Bonfire and would love to go see it burn.

Now it was mentioned in that discussion that the topic of Bonfire has faded on campus, which to me it has. The discussion also mentions that the Aggie Student Bonfire off campus isn't the same, which I disagree with. Aggie students started the Traditionb A&M stepped in to help, and now because of the accident, A&M no longer was part of it, so several former students formed a non-profit organization to continue it.

I really applaud John for being part of this and helping tell the story, especially with him being directly involved/impacted.

John mentioned that he wants this documentary to make sure people never forget and I personally think people won't. Those involved in Student Bonfire stop all work on November 18 each year to honor the 12. Even though I didn't personally know the 12, i have such a passion for Bonfire and what it stands for that i feel I've got closer to those died/injured because of all this.

It's the students that make Texas A&M so great and unique. The A&M system stopped holding the annual Bonfire ceremony after the ten year anniversary. Its the students that gather at the Memorial year after year to honor those affected.

To me, it's not called Texas A&M Bonfire (A&M didnt built it, it just happened to be on land owned by them). The students built it, the students STILL build it, still put all they have into it, making sure its build and burned every year (especially now for the fallen).

It's Aggie Bonfire...built by Aggies for Aggies.

Thank you John Comstock for sharing your story, educating those that weren't around, and being a good role model for this. It was an honor to finally be able to meet you.

The 12 will NEVER be forgotten and they live on in Aggie Student Bonfire (in my opinion).

Thanks, Gig'em, and build the hell outta Aggie Bonfire 2019!

large.350958388_aggyoriginsbonfireApril171914.jpeg.bbcdeac7c8b97d9ac29c12c809938ab3.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 hour ago, deft said:

But why was the graduate appalled? Did the helmet have everything spelled correctly? Or maybe it’s just thAt they were wearing helmets?

from what i have been told by aggy, the helmet (referred to as a pot) and the color of your helmet was a big deal in the pecking order at the drunken hazing ritual known as bonfire. yellow pot, red pot etc.   

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

Just decided who got to piss on you.

Due to the rationalized changes of the 1960s—the admittance of women and the elimination of compulsory membership in the Corps of Cadets—participation in the cutting and stacking of Bonfire took on a great deal more significance than it had in previous years. As the school began to change, it effectively splintered into two separate institutions— the first bureaucratic and academic and the second vivacious and transcendent. Students naturally identified with one or the other, and since enrollment in the university could no longer be equated with dedication to tradition, "true Aggies" proved their authenticity by building and burning Bonfire, one of the most thrilling and enduring symbols of their commitment to the A&M of myth and legend. At the same time, and with equal energy, Bonfire culture began to change, slowly devolving into what Tang (2000) describes as a betrayal the Aggie Spirit itself:

"the culture of violence; the sexual discrimination, harassment and violence against women; the 'boys will be boys' attitude; the suppression of dissent and intolerance of nontraditional viewpoints; the historical racism; and the repeated need to validate manhood by any means necessary have not only betrayed the tradition of Bonfire as a unifying force, but have also alienated and betrayed even those members of Aggieland who believe in the Aggie Spirit."[22]

The escalating violence and vulgarity of Bonfire culture was a direct result of the school's "paradoxical commitments to tradition and instrumental rationality," a product of being caught in the unnavigable, inhospitable combat zone between doctrine and reason. Certainly, this tension explains the authority of tradition and the earnestness of students' devotion, but it stops short of revealing why students began acting inappropriately instead of just adhering more strictly or redoubling their dedication. Tension alone does not explain bad behavior.

In response to perceived threats, students began ritualizing their way of life, turning tradition from a functional good—"the way things are"—into a sacred one—"the way things have always been." When this did not disable but rather strengthened the forces of change, students retreated even further into the world of effervescence and communitas, which filled the needs of community and identity at a stage of life when young men and women experienced for the first time the thrilling and bewildering freedom of a truly liminal space. When Bonfire culture took a turn for the worse, it reflected students' ever-more-radical commitment to the indescribable place they had found in the world, as individuals, as adults, and as Aggies. This place—and all the tensions central to it—had become a part of the self.

Thus, cutting, stacking, and burning Bonfire was not merely an effort to prove and vivify the Aggie Spirit but also an effort to prove and vivify the self, which turned the tradition from a purely cooperative enterprise into a theater of deadly serious, intensely meaningful performances of identity. These performances created a shell beneath which the individual's truest and most fragile self was protected—but as shells bumped up against one another, taking and inflicting social damage, individuals were motivated to protect themselves with even thicker and more bombastic performances. Once inflated, absurdity and aggression were normalized and institutionalized. Bad behavior became a central—even essential— accelerant for the towering pyre.[23]

http://aggypedia.com/wiki/Aggy_turditions#cite_note-23

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

That they congratulate themselves for their actions on the anniversary of the student murders on their campus is repugnant.

They also have no fucking clue (and no ability whatsoever to learn) about the origins of their sacred "bonfire turdition." According to their own school paper (April 17, 1914), the first bonfire wasn't in 1909, as this farcical film asserts, or in 1907, as evidently fabricated in fish camp fairy tales. It was 1902.

That they claim to be a "great research university steeped in tradition." That they can't even reference their own on-campus (and online) school newspaper archive is indicative of the bullshit quality of the aggy education.

Not a single aggy cares enough about their school or their culture to document and pass down the actual history and traditions of their school. The entirety of aggy culture is based upon hagiographic, bull shit fairy tales that bear no attachment to reality. The essence of aggy culture is to perpetuate ignorance, not to enlighten, inform, or to educate. 

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

large.350958388_aggyoriginsbonfireApril171914.jpeg.bbcdeac7c8b97d9ac29c12c809938ab3.jpeg

This reads like Naked Lunch. Only not as good.

On 10/15/2019 at 8:22 AM, Randolph Duke said:

Texas A&M IS TEXAS, in values, in traditions, and in culture.

https://texags.com/forums/6/topics/3065927/replies/55169085

Texas has always valued conformism, herd mentality, intolerance, humorlessness, and total lack of self-awareness.

A&M may be the least Texan place in the state of Texas.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Texas has always valued conformism, herd mentality, intolerance, humorlessness, and total lack of self-awareness.

A&M may be the least Texan place in the state of Texas.

I like the part of not being able to talk smack without accomplishments.  I concur, aggys, let's all adopt that.  lulz.

• Haha 1

On 9/27/2019 at 1:00 PM, Machinator said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-am-aggies/2019/10/17/texas-am-ad-ross-bjork-talks-jimbo-fisher-football-scheduling-philosophy-and-aggies-longhorns-on-the-gridiron/

There’s a lot of emotion around this conversation. I get it. I’m the new person. But I’ve learned quickly that there’s history and facts to back it up that Texas A&M offered to continue to play the University of Texas in football. That was made very clear by the A&M leadership. That was rejected very strongly by the University of Texas. Since that time, both programs have moved on. 

10 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

That aggy AD is one ignorant idiot. So he fits in there perfectly.

Instead of scheduling UT, the aggy AD schedules Prairie View.

Because the A&M AD is convinced Texas A&M/ Prairie View will sell more tickets and command higher television ratings than Texas A&M/ UT Austin.

And people still think we make this shit up about what idiots aggys are.

Look, I admit I don't want to play them because it would entail a home-and-home, and I don't want that white trash anywhere near the UT campus.

It's ok to say "no," but at least let's all be honest about why we are saying "no."

Edited by Randolph Duke

2 hours ago, futureman said:

He really said/meant:

"They moved on. (The feeling was) so you know what? Fuck ’em."

Edited by Cairn Horn88

24 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Hopefully, aggy comes in a little scared, lacking confidence, crowd intimidates them, the girl cheerleaders get their minds wondering, the refs screw them over a little, aggy receivers can't hold on to passes, running backs fumble a couple of times, all the replay reviews go against them and Jimbo makes some stupid decisions.....and Ole Miss plays great.  That'd be a great formula for sending aggy home on a slow, un-air conditioned yellow bus ride home with a loss.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, futureman said:

Of course like all tiny-dicked aggy, bjork fails to note that we told them long before they decided to leave the conference that we would not play them anymore if they did. They made the choice, knowing that’s what would happen, and we did exactly what we said we would. Aggy lied about having discussions with the SEC at least a year earlier than they claimed. They were working to undermine the conference behind everyone’s back, and they knew their leaving would end the series. Own it, liar.

And fuck you. 

• Like 7