Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Wow. Kent St, Prairie View, New Mexico and Colorado in non-conference games in 2021. That’s Baylor-esque right there. Unreal.

Doesn't matter. They'll still lose to Bama, LSU, a Mississippi school, and another. It's who they are. Their OOC schedule will always be a joke, but their losses are going to happen no matter what. They're a joke and always will be. 

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

7 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

The addition of Prairie View A&M tentatively completes Texas A&M’s non-conference football schedule for the 2021 season. The Aggies are scheduled to open the season at home against the Kent State Golden Flashes on Sept. 4, play at the Colorado Buffaloes on Sept. 11, and then host the New Mexico Lobos on Sept. 18.

Colorado is the 74th winningest program over the last 25 years. I don't even need to characterize the rest of that schedule. Looking at the rest of their announced future schedules, Notre Dame is Notre Dame; it's like us scheduling Michigan, where even if you don't get a top level opponent it's still an attractive matchup. Miami is likewise a recognizable brand, but they're 35th in winning percentage since their last flareup of national relevance. Arizona State is an afterthought. 

A&M's not trying very hard. Or to say it another way, they're scheduling in a way so they don't have to.

Edited by SwanderedTalent

14 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Colorado is the 74th winningest program over the last 25 years. I don't even need to characterize the rest of that schedule. Looking at the rest of their announced future schedules, Notre Dame is Notre Dame; it's like us scheduling Michigan, where even if you don't get a top level opponent it's still an attractive matchup. Miami is likewise a recognizable brand, but they're 35th in winning percentage since their last flareup of national relevance. Arizona State is an afterthought. 

A&M's not trying very hard. Or to say it another way, they're scheduling in a way so they don't have to.

For sure, the SEC has taught them well.

Ultimately, no matter how many bleating blowhard internet ags want to claim they have great schedules and this is their path the the NC, it's the ticket-buying game-attending ag fans themselves that will suffer.  My inlaws are great people but also happen to be ag season ticket holders, and they hate their home schedules and rarely attend games.  They'll go whenever Alabama or LSU come to town, and maybe one other "big" game like Auburn or something. Other than that, they have no interest in watching their team play Nichols or Lamar or Texas State or Kent State or Ole Miss or Miss State.   They dump their tickets pretty much weekly.

5 hours ago, Modessit said:

The best part is that it took a FOIA request to PVAM to find out. For some reason aggy didn't announce it.

I'm sure PV fans are thrilled at the prospect of visiting "the finest fans in all of college football."

And by "finest" I mean most overtly racist.

large.517896161_aggypvspit.jpeg.2eefae467297fe1fc72e9c43905c5391.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

10 minutes ago, utee94 said:

They'll go whenever Alabama or LSU come to town,

Your points are all good ones. I wonder at what point the constant beatings from Alabama will begin to discourage attendance. We all enjoy making fun of A&M"s perpetual fascination with how much better tomorrow will be than today, but it's one thing to get on the Internet and bleat about how 12-0 is right around the corner and another to schlep to Kroger Field and sit in the sun for four hours while Alabama toys with your team. 

Their only saving grace with LSU is the fluke win last year, otherwise they'd be 0-for-SEC against the two attractive home opponents they get regularly. 

Maybe we should extend some grace to the Aggies and note that playing Georgia is practically an out-of-conference game for them.

9 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Your points are all good ones. I wonder at what point the constant beatings from Alabama will begin to discourage attendance. We all enjoy making fun of A&M"s perpetual fascination with how much better tomorrow will be than today, but it's one thing to get on the Internet and bleat about how 12-0 is right around the corner and another to schlep to Kroger Field and sit in the sun for four hours while Alabama toys with your team. 

Their only saving grace with LSU is the fluke win last year, otherwise they'd be 0-for-SEC against the two attractive home opponents they get regularly. 

Maybe we should extend some grace to the Aggies and note that playing Georgia is practically an out-of-conference game for them.

I think we saw some of that just this past weekend.  The secondary market was very soft for this game, with tickets selling on the service websites below face value.  I also saw some ag friends and relatives on social media offering up their tickets for free, because they had other commitments.  7 years ago there's not a chance any of their "other commitments" would have kept them from the biggest game of the year.  Sign o' the times in the Station, it seems.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

I think we saw some of that just this past weekend.  The secondary market was very soft for this game, with tickets selling on the service websites below face value.  I also saw some ag friends and relatives on social media offering up their tickets for free, because they had other commitments.  7 years ago there's not a chance any of their "other commitments" would have kept them from the biggest game of the year.  Sign o' the times in the Station, it seems.

Plus the rash of car break ins to add to the tickets on the dashboards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, utee94 said:

so, the Station isn't #LIT anymore then?

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

I think we saw some of that just this past weekend. 

Right. It's inevitable, if you can't win these games-- they go from "fucking cool, we're playing Alabama!" to "what's the point, we lose every time". It trickles down to the rest of the games, too. Auburn's won most of their visits, so has LSU. I doubt many Aggies with tickets really expect they'll bet a program like Florida or Georgia-- they'll talk shit about it on SECRant or Texags but are less likely to sit through a game they expect to lose. 

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

Wow. Kent St, Prairie View, New Mexico and Colorado in non-conference games in 2021. That’s Baylor-esque right there. Unreal.

They've officially complied with SEC scheduling guidelines.    That November slot is critical for all SEC schools to find that right cupcake to beat so they can all retain their polls slots and bolster their strength of schedules so the suckers who rank the playoff order will continue to give credence to the SEC SEC SEC being the strongest and best football conference ever created.    

15 minutes ago, markstanco said:

In fairness, the PA&M game is scheduled during the November SEC gimme. 

One, never be fair to Aggies.

Two, I am betting they could have swapped Kent State into that slot without too much difficulty, if they wanted to use their September game for something more substantial.

Three, it's not like there's no history of Texas and A&M playing in November, if they wanted to try to do it that way.

But they don't. Because not playing us means they can have Tomorrow Bragging Rights forever.

http://www.thebatt.com/news/upcoming-documentary-honors-the-th-man-and-bonfire-tradition/article_e8a55c2e-ef02-11e9-9bc3-db533c82c4bd.html?fbclid=IwAR2xJvI4AOUe9Jk7hpClMkvKSpYQBrf8T5zuPPv8h8dK7_rbNEpDI7MHgyI

After 20 years, director Charlie Minn will shine a new light on the Bonfire collapse with his documentary, “The 13th Man.”

The film is focused on the final survivor of the collapse, John Comstock, Class of 2010, and his experience being trapped beneath the logs for over seven hours. On Monday, Oct. 14, Minn and Comstock spoke in four classes at A&M and one class at Blinn about the upcoming release. From his plans to pull an all-nighter for exams to the firemen that kept him conscious till his rescue, Comstock described the day of Nov. 18, 1999 in detail. The movie will arrive in Premiere Cinema theaters in Bryan on Nov. 7 and opens in 20 theaters across Texas on Nov. 15.

The guest lectures mark Comstock’s first public appearance at A&M since he received his Aggie Ring. He said he agreed to be the focus of the documentary to honor the memory of the Bonfire tradition.

“With the 20 year anniversary, it was important to me,” Comstock said. “Over the years the story has kind of faded. The motto of the collapse was always ‘we remember’ and so I think with the documentary it was important to put myself out there again.”

The first generation Aggie was a freshmen living in Moses Hall when one of the crew chiefs came by to invite Comstock to the first cut, which became one of many late nights and early mornings he would give up to help create the Bonfire. Comstock attended every cut and stack day, hence he couldn’t miss working on the third tier of the stacks on Nov. 18 1999.

As the structure collapsed, Comstock held onto the logs and landed in a position that allowed his arm to stick out. Comstock was able to catch the attention of a bystander by moving his hand in the dirt. Emergency response teams provided him with fluids through IV, but could do little else.

“Because of my location, they couldn’t extract me immediately,” Comstock said. “They had to get everybody out below me before they could start working on the logs around me. The way everything was wired in, every log was ultimately tied into another log.”

Comstock now works for Texas A&M Systems as a financial advisor and travels throughout the United States to speak about his experience. Comstock said that an interaction he had with another patient at the hospital that had suffered severe burns from a transistor explosion inspired him to push through the multiple surgeries and lengthy rehabilitation.

“He saw my story and when I came out of my room for the first time—he was my neighbor at Zale Lipshy—and he said, ‘Hang in there John,’” Comstock said. “I was just blown away by that. I was always amazed that somebody in such an unfortunate position was giving me words of encouragement.”

Minn was a guest speaker at A&M in 2011 and 2012 when the history of Bonfire was first brought to his attention. It wouldn’t be until several years later that he would reach out to Comstock to bring the documentary to life.

“I think a documentary is an excellent way to bring the attention back to the fallen Aggies and we obviously have a lot of them; with 12 dead and 27 injured and whole community and university shattered,” Minn said.

As for the purpose of the film, Minn said his focus was to re-introduce Bonfire’s history to the new generation of Aggies and to keep its legacy alive among former students.

“Today when I landed in the airport I was next to a lady with an A&M shirt on and I said, ‘Hey, have you heard about Bonfire?’ and she said no,” Minn said. “That to me was telling— I think it has faded. Any story fades over 20 years.”

11 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

At the same time I sure hope he reminds everybody of the idiocy of the planners & supervisors whose negligence led to the deaths of his fellow Aggies. RIP

He works for the the "A&M Systems", so if we're to interpret that as written, his paycheck comes from A&M. Assuming so, then I fucking guarantee his story is all Aggie bravado this and Aggie heroism that. There is no fucking way he criticizes anything about A&M.

21 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I think they gave him a job because they almost killed him. Sucks for the people they did kill.

In the classic way aggy has or rewriting history, I am sure the film will be a mockery of what actually happened.

Plain and simple, it was negligent homicide brought about by the complete ignorance of those in positions of responsibility and the lack of aggys to objectively look at themselves and ask themselves if normal people would be acting as they are.

If any of us were to bring total amateurs onto our property to create a major engineered structure without plans, permits, or inspections, then bring so much alcohol onto the work site that 18 people had to be arrested and 73 citations issued, and then had 12 kids killed, we would have been held accountable to the full extent of the law. But, because the presidential library of then then-governor of Texas was a mere 300 feet away from the crime scene, not one single person in a position of responsibility was held accountable in the least.

And now the aggys pat themselves on the back to congratulate themselves about how they acted.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

large.937994039_dhsaggyreport.jpeg.93fab20522bb936d4d53ca2c623c6761.jpeg

4 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

I always laugh when those stupid fucks bleat that.

Their knowledge of the process of sharpening explains why the lot of them are so dull. 

I’m all for poking fun at aggy, but the root of that is not ag lore.  It’s from the Bible.

‭‭(Proverbs‬ ‭27:17 ESV) Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.

Edited by Oakbrook

1 hour ago, jinx said:

We had a speaker come present on the bonfire collapse in one of my early engineering classes.  So easily preventable, with every mistake aggy to the core.

Would the "preventable" part have required that it be engineered and built by someone other than hungover 19 years olds dragged out of bed against their will at 7:00 am on Saturday mornings?  If so, I contend that collapse was inevitable.  

I think they gave him a job because they almost killed him. Sucks for the people they did kill.
"As I lay under the logs, I was worried they'd find me too soon. After all, it was important that exactly 12 people died in the collapse. If I was found before they got to the 12th victim, would I get the medical attention I needed? Or would I be helped along on my journey to the great bonfire in the sky? It was a very tense moment."
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, Modessit said:
1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

"As I lay under the logs, I was worried they'd find me too soon. After all, it was important that exactly 12 people died in the collapse. If I was found before they got to the 12th victim, would I get the medical attention I needed? Or would I be helped along on my journey to the great bonfire in the sky? It was a very tense moment."

tenor.gif?itemid=4685458

18 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

This cannot be emphasized enough:

FUCK Texas A&M. They murdered those kids, pure and simple. Negligent homicide, if you want to be accurate, but it's really that simple. Fuck them in their goat asses, and never have anything to do with them ever again. I am so glad to be shot of them.

Well said.

Personally, I don't want to play them again because I don't want any of those worthless fucks to set foot on the UT campus.

I am very seriously in favor of a constitutional amendment to terminate their status as a branch of The University and to segregate the financial assets of the PUF to give them 1/3 of the financial assets. The let them go fuck themselves with respect to the added $300 million/yr from the university lands. They claim their alumni base is so insanely wealthy, let their goddamned alumni pony up $300 million/yr in supplemental funds to their endowment.

As the financial noose slowly tightens around their racist red necks year after year, let them be reminded just how lucky they were to be a branch of The University of Texas for almost 150 years.

And let us all rejoice as their institution slowly rots and goes to Hell. As it should.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Would the "preventable" part have required that it be engineered and built by someone other than hungover 19 years olds dragged out of bed against their will at 7:00 am on Saturday mornings?  If so, I contend that collapse was inevitable.  

Well, that probably would have helped.  But nice straight pine trees only burn for an hour or so, and that didn't correctly illustrate their burning desire to beat tu.  So, they decided to start using oak trees and other hard woods (not so straight and easily bound and stacked) which led to a completely unstable build.  

Based on my knowledge of aggy engineering, I am not certain that age or sobriety would have led to a better structure.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

FUCK Texas A&M. They murdered those kids, pure and simple. Negligent homicide, if you want to be accurate, but it's really that simple. Fuck them in their goat asses, and never have anything to do with them ever again. I am so glad to be shot of them.

aggy has been acting like negligent assholes since the days of ancient Rome. No CR.

920x920.jpg