• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, ousux said:

He forgot the "eabod/diaf" option.

But seriously, someone should tell this delusional fuck ESPN is done with the LHN model experiment..and not sure what will basically be ppv for all aggy sports is something they want to get into either.

the aggy netfurk 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ousux said:

But seriously, someone should tell this delusional fuck ESPN is done with the LHN model experiment..and not sure what will basically be ppv for all aggy sports is something they want to get into either.

Additionally, someone should tell him that the SEC already owns all of A&M's Tier 3 content.  They have no sporting events left to sell on a subscription basis.

If the ags really wanted to do that, the only P5 conference that would allow it, is the B12.  

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, ousux said:

You’re missing the big picture. aggy’s grand plan seems to be to open admissions wide enough so that EVERYONE is aggy. If they can get to 500,00-600,000 enrollment, in a few short years errbody will want to see aggy netwurk. 
Advantage aggy. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nnm said:

You’re missing the big picture. aggy’s grand plan seems to be to open admissions wide enough so that EVERYONE is aggy. If they can get to 500,00-600,000 enrollment, in a few short years errbody will want to see aggy netwurk. 
Advantage aggy. 

Aggy is right next to U of H on acceptance rate, one more spot away is Stephen F Austin, and right after that Tech. Aggy is like your mom. They lettin errbody up in there.

7 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Aggy is right next to U of H on acceptance rate, one more spot away is Stephen F Austin, and right after that Tech. Aggy is like your mom. They lettin errbody up in there.

aggys find "value" in having the highest enrollment of any post-secondary institution in the state of Texas.

Which, at the moment, is Lone Star College.

Think about that for a moment.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, utee94 said:

Additionally, someone should tell him that the SEC already owns all of A&M's Tier 3 content.  They have no sporting events left to sell on a subscription basis.

If the ags really wanted to do that, the only P5 conference that would allow it, is the B12.  

Who needs sporting events? They're gonna just run footage of milkman servicing each other via campus glory holes. And for the percentage of their fan base who objects to such homoerotic behavior sullying their brand.....well, don't worry, there will be plenty of sheep fucking videos, too (can't forget about Old Army).

Edited by Blotto

12 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

No reason the divisions have to be the same for all sports. I dunno what the logic will be, but picking conference champ game participants has fewer variables with just two divisions. That wouldn't matter as much in basketball or baseball, but in football, it avoids potential headaches.

I would think they have to go to pods for baseball.  Home and away series against 7 division foes doesn't really leave much room for cross division play

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
I don't count well

Yeah the SEC will want to highlight TX-OU every year, it's another top-branded rivalry in college football that they've just added to the fold.

At this point, the only major rivalries of national interest that won't be in the SEC, are Michigan-Ohio State, and USC-Notre Dame.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

We'll play aggy, pig and OU every year, no doubt at all about that.

aggy and OU are obvious.  Arky is less obvious to national TV audiences outside of our states or even most of the viewers under 30 year in our states.  That’s why they are the only school I’m concerned we may not get annually.

Arkansas has “rivalries” with aggy, LSU, Ole Miss and Mizzou so I could see some fuckery afoot especially if the sec is trying to jam in more top tier matchup where we draw LSU, UGA, UF, or Bama as our new “rival” for that big tv money (not that I’d have a problem with that, just would like to get to beat up piggy annually too).

• Hook 'Em 1

I've had a chance to listen to a little sports radio and read a few articles today and its come up how the playoff expansion talk has pretty much come to a screeching halt since (or because of) Texas/OU going to the SEC. The opinion seems to be that the other conferences put the expansion on hold in part to limit the SEC presence in the playoffs. The OU writer on Tulsa radio pointed out that OU would definitely had rather the SEC move was kept under wraps until the playoff expansion became more of a reality.

That made me think how aggy that whole scenario is because it was aggy that leaked the story that seems to have paused the playoff expansion talk and how funny it would be if they get left out of a 4 team playoff again but would have made the 12 team cut had it been changed...

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, nnm said:

Advantage aggy. 

If this is true, then aggy just worked us like a cheap violin!!!!! The long game!!!!

Edited by Steel Shank

Good read for those that don't know the history-

There was a time when Southwest Conference football was more than a sport; it was a social institution, as definitive of Texas life as the oil well or the open range. Each school symbolized a different way of life, and the meeting of two football teams represented a confrontation between life styles. People who had never attended college nonetheless identified themselves with one of the conference schools: farmers and laborers with Texas A&M, Baptists with Baylor, Dallas socialites with SMU, West Texas farmers and ranchers with TCU.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/arts-entertainment/the-decline-and-fall-of-the-southwest-conference/

• Hook 'Em 1

This year's roller coaster is going to be glorious, because the ags are just so desperate.  Though they'd never admit it, they realize this is their last season to make something of themselves, before Texas and OU come into their sandbox and take away all their toys.

Watch and enjoy, friends.

• Hook 'Em 3

I find the Texas Monthly article humorous and flattering, not that i read it.   First they know that if they tell a bunch of morons they are special they will get clicks.  Second they find their worth by comparison to the flagship.  Whatever makes you sleep at night ags. Dont click the article is the best thing we can do to Justice. 

2 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

They did beat Vanderbilt 17-12, in the opener last year.  I hope Kent State hangs in there and keeps it close just to shake them up a little before the coaster really gets going.  .  

Kent State QB is pretty good and they had the #1 offense in CFB last year yards wise,, although only in 5 games.  Scored a bunch of points but didn't have much of a defense.

The funniest part of everything is SEC is probably going to expand to 20 (or possible more) and essentially become 2 conferences under the SEC banner.   Bammer in control of the East with Uf, UGA and Barn….

Meanwhile in the west…. aggy ends up back where they started.   It would be even funnier if the new division designations become the SEC and SWC, I would be just fine with that but the aggys I know would go full tilt.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RollLeft said:

I find the Texas Monthly article humorous and flattering, not that i read it.   First they know that if they tell a bunch of morons they are special they will get clicks.  Second they find their worth by comparison to the flagship.  Whatever makes you sleep at night ags. Dont click the article is the best thing we can do to Justice. 

What article?  I didn’t see no stinkin’ article!