• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Will someone PLEASE confirm that all active duty military assets are being considered for assignment to Kabul. President Biden needs to activate the Texas A&M Corpse of Cadets to put their elite training to use.

Texas A&M won WWII by themselves. Think about that for a minute. 85 million people died during WWII and sacrificed nothing. Only the aggy farm school rednecks sacrificed anything during that war and we owe everything we have to them.

If only we could (yet again) deploy the aggy costume fraternity, how many lives in Afghanistan could be saved? The farm school elite troops have been trained especially to save humanity by projecting elite, farm school military force, as all aggys have been since 1876. (whoop! Yay Jefferson Davis!)

Oh, PLEASE, aggys, come save us (yet again).

We have it on good authority the Taliban won't pile up logs to thwart you.

PLEASE, aggys. Save western democracy, just as you have every other time.

PLEASE!

You have always been an elite military academy that has long surpassed the contributions of Annapolis and West Point (combined).

PLEASE SAVE US! IT'S WHAT YOU DO.

We are only "sip."

aggy_ralph copy.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Haha 2

Good read for those that don't know the history-

There was a time when Southwest Conference football was more than a sport; it was a social institution, as definitive of Texas life as the oil well or the open range. Each school symbolized a different way of life, and the meeting of two football teams represented a confrontation between life styles. People who had never attended college nonetheless identified themselves with one of the conference schools: farmers and laborers with Texas A&M, Baptists with Baylor, Dallas socialites with SMU, West Texas farmers and ranchers with TCU.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/arts-entertainment/the-decline-and-fall-of-the-southwest-conference/

Texas Monthly writer doesnt know which part of the state is home to TCU? West Texas farmers and ranchers dont gaf about froggy.

5 hours ago, Deej said:

I didn't think aggy heaven allowed black people?

Labeling us as racists is a lie and shows your insecurities.  You are aware that it was a sip that mailed the racist note to Sumlin, right?  You should also read up on DKR before you start labeling Ags as racists.

• Haha 3
  • Fuck You 62

39 minutes ago, Howdy said:

Labeling us as racists is a lie and shows your insecurities.  You are aware that it was a sip that mailed the racist note to Sumlin, right?  You should also read up on DKR before you start labeling Ags as racists.

Paging Randolph Duke to the white courtesy phone.

49 minutes ago, Howdy said:

Sure thing. Keep worshipping Sully.

5f0bca630d1ce.image.jpg

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Howdy said:

Ok ok you ain't racist, y'all are just a bunch of total fucking losers. How's that? Better?

520be1b4cf82c.preview-960.jpg?resize=960

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Howdy said:

You should also read up on DKR before you start labeling Ags as racists.

What does falsely accusing DKR of being a racist have to do with the fact that aggy has a grand tradition of racism, one of your oldest, in fact? Or do you pretend the Kow and Kream Klub was something else?

What the fuck is a “sip,” tard?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, ousux said:

https://www.texasmonthly.com/arts-entertainment/the-decline-and-fall-of-the-southwest-conference/

Texas Monthly writer doesnt know which part of the state is home to TCU? West Texas farmers and ranchers dont gaf about froggy.

In fairness, Texas Monthly has not been worth using as toilet paper for two decades. 

10 hours ago, Howdy said:

Since you don’t know of your own aggy campus history of klan racism and Sully’s Civil war crimes and racial suppression as governor, it is not surprising that you don’t know DKR coached black players at Washington before coming to the Flagship University of Texas.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

Since you don’t know of your own aggy campus history of klan racism and Sully’s Civil war crimes and racial suppression as governor, it is not surprising that you don’t know DKR coached black players at Washington before 

coming to the Flagship University of Texas.

Since this is the right thread, and seeing as how I have no one else alive left to ask, what was it like when Aggy won their championship?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, ousux said:

That article is from 1974; a lot has changed since then. TCU opposed Tech joining the SWC in 1958 because they considered everything west of DFW their territory. And with no Dallas Cowboys until 1960, I think he's generally right that it was common for people in west Texas with no real ties to any colleges to be TCU fans. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Since this is the right thread, and seeing as how I have no one else alive left to ask, what was it like when Aggy won their championship?

He should ask all the coaches, players and students who were there and part of the teams and eras when they won it and celebrated the national championships.  Surprised I have never seen those quotes before…..

Edited by ABSR

On 8/13/2021 at 11:27 AM, ousux said:

This season may be their only shot at it in the next 80+ years...not sure a single offseason will correct all of the stench wafting from most of the SEC West outside of Bama.

aggy have to break through now.  this year.   they are potentially losing TWO fcs cupcakes, the conference-mandated game, and the extra layup they use to pad their record and season ticket price with a 3rd extra home game.

then there is the return of big brothers.   for aggy to win their division/pod after we arrive they will have to beat both the sips and thieves in the same season.  here is how aggy has fared against big brothers in the same season:

2011 0-2

2010 2-0

2009 0-2

2008 0-2

2007 1-1

2006 1-1

2005 0-2

2004 0-2

2003 0-2

2002 1-1

2001 0-2

2000 0-2

1999 1-1 (should have been 0-2, game fixed to salve bonfire egos)

1998 1-1

1997 2-0

1996 1-1

1994 2-0* OOPS, PROBATION, spin the wheel of life and proceed direct to the Day of Reckoning

1993 1-1

1951 2-0

1950 0-2

1949 0-2

1948 0-1-1 (aggy managed a tie in Austin for their only result of the season)

1947 0-2

1946 0-2

1945 1-1

1944 0-2 (SIP KONSPEARASEE: aggy FIELDED A FOOT-BALL TEAM DURING THE WARRRRR SIPPPPP LIESSSSSSS)

1909 2-0

1907 1-1

1903 0-2

since the beginning of football time, no slicing, dicing or parsing.....

.... and removing 1994 because of fedex.....

here is how aggy has fared against big brothers.....

Total seasons: 28

0 wins: 14

1 win: 9

2 wins: 4

aggy beats both on average 1 in 7

which means aggy will be in contention for their division/pod 14% of the time

assuming we join in '25, aggy will be in contention for only 10 years during the remainder of the 21st century

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ousux said:
19 hours ago, hookem48 said:
  they do have a Dollar General now and Pizza Inn pizza at the gas station but ain't nobody getting a room in Zulch.

Does pizza Inn still exist? Can't remember if it was shittier than Pizza Slut or slightly less abominable.

I didn't know it did till I saw the one there but I'm pretty sure it's just to go shit.

4 hours ago, Baconboy said:

That article is from 1974; a lot has changed since then. TCU opposed Tech joining the SWC in 1958 because they considered everything west of DFW their territory. And with no Dallas Cowboys until 1960, I think he's generally right that it was common for people in west Texas with no real ties to any colleges to be TCU fans. 

To this day, TCU still has a ranch management major. It’s probably more known these days for rich kids from DFW and California, but nevertheless. . .
https://www.tcu.edu/academics/programs/ranch-management.php

• Like 1

Jimbo Fisher recalls needing 6 centers in camp, says coaches must rely on younger players 

JOHN BRICE      AUG 20, 2021. 

As Texas A&M prepares for its Sept. 4 season-opening game against Kent State, and in the process the centennial celebration of the Aggies fabled 12th man, coach Jimbo Fisher says two things are absolute: the sport of college football more than ever is relying on younger players; a team never can have too many centers.

In fact, in his Friday press conference before the Aggies' upcoming scrimmage Sunday, Fisher recalled a time as a Southeastern Conference assistant coach in which his squad went through a six-pack of candidates to snap the ball in preseason camp.

“I have something I've got to say: you learn from your past,” Fisher said. “One time in camp, I went through six centers. We went through six centers in camp and the guy who who snapped ended up he finally got his first rep on Wednesday before we played on Saturday. That was the first time he got a rep. And that team also played in the SEC Championship.

“It can happen. I've learned that you don't have enough centers. We repped a lot of guys at center and played them and forced them in there. But have done a really nice job with knowledge of what's going on. I think all those guys have a chance to be really good players.”

Fisher was an assistant coach on both Auburn and LSU squads that played for SEC Championships, and he didn't say with which program his offense found the sixth time a charm at the center position.

But Fisher did say the dynamics of college football have changed so much that he has approached camp with a mindset of getting ready as many young players as possible.

“Now you start to find out who likes football and who can play and push through those things,” Fisher said. “A lot of young guys will be counted upon at key positions. You know you're only one ankle turn, knee twist, shoulder bang from a lot of guys playing.

“I think that's the key to our time and day in sports. Your young guys have to be a big contributor in your teams and they have to be counted upon whether they're starters or not. To give valuable reps, special teams reps and if some guy gets nicked or banged up that they can go in a game and play. You've got to count on those younger guys. Young guys, you push them and challenge them but it's fun to watch them learn and watch them grow. Our young guys are doing a very good job in there.”

Fisher also said he believed the Aggies had nailed the future of its offensive line with its 2021 signing haul of six players, headlined by four-star All-America signee Bryce Foster.

“Those young linemen, we didn't miss on any of those guys,” Fisher said. “I like that group, I really do. Bryce is one of the guys that I think has great chance to contribute very early bc of his physical nature and physicality. Most guys as freshmen aren't built like that and aren't that strong coming in.”

On 8/21/2021 at 1:09 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

aggy have to break through now.  this year.   they are potentially losing TWO fcs cupcakes, the conference-mandated game, and the extra layup they use to pad their record and season ticket price with a 3rd extra home game.

then there is the return of big brothers.   for aggy to win their division/pod after we arrive they will have to beat both the sips and thieves in the same season.  here is how aggy has fared against big brothers in the same season:

2011 0-2

2010 2-0

2009 0-2

2008 0-2

2007 1-1

2006 1-1

2005 0-2

2004 0-2

2003 0-2

2002 1-1

2001 0-2

2000 0-2

1999 1-1 (should have been 0-2, game fixed to salve bonfire egos)

1998 1-1

1997 2-0

1996 1-1

1994 2-0* OOPS, PROBATION, spin the wheel of life and proceed direct to the Day of Reckoning

1993 1-1

1951 2-0

1950 0-2

1949 0-2

1948 0-1-1 (aggy managed a tie in Austin for their only result of the season)

1947 0-2

1946 0-2

1945 1-1

1944 0-2 (SIP KONSPEARASEE: aggy FIELDED A FOOT-BALL TEAM DURING THE WARRRRR SIPPPPP LIESSSSSSS)

1909 2-0

1907 1-1

1903 0-2

since the beginning of football time, no slicing, dicing or parsing.....

.... and removing 1994 because of fedex.....

here is how aggy has fared against big brothers.....

Total seasons: 28

0 wins: 14

1 win: 9

2 wins: 4

aggy beats both on average 1 in 7

which means aggy will be in contention for their division/pod 14% of the time

assuming we join in '25, aggy will be in contention for only 10 years during the remainder of the 21st century

That or send enough strongly worded letters...