2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

28 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Jordan Whittington just started following Marion and Marion just started following a ton of Texas staff members and 9.95ers. It looks like he is the guy.

Pretty sure those were several days ago, I posted something about it at the time

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Jordan Whittington just started following Marion and Marion just started following a ton of Texas staff members and 9.95ers. It looks like he is the guy.

Johntay Cook has been liking Marion/Addison stuff too. Plenty of smoke, but it feels like Sark is looking for established options that won’t have him searching for another WR coach in 2022

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Johntay Cook has been liking Marion/Addison stuff too. Plenty of smoke, but it feels like Sark is looking for established options that won’t have him searching for another WR coach in 2022

I just find it odd that current Texas players and damn near the entire staff would follow this guy and he do the same if he wasn’t the guy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I just find it odd that current Texas players and damn near the entire staff would follow this guy and he do the same if he wasn’t the guy.

I have the suspicion that Marion is buying time. Texas is the floor and if someone decent comes in with an OC offer he will take it. I don’t think he is in quite the rush that Texas and Surly are in

20 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I have the suspicion that Marion is buying time. Texas is the floor and if someone decent comes in with an OC offer he will take it. I don’t think he is in quite the rush that Texas and Surly are in

Agreed.  I get the same feeling about Patterson.  Someone in the know may be able to disencumber me of the notion that Sarkisian is waiting for Patterson to get a better offer so he doesn't have to deal with him as a perceived Sword of Damocles.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

And played here…

Coached in 2014 at Texas. Swooped was the QB. John Harris had the big senior year. Jackson Shipley, Marcus Johnson, and Foreman rounded out the top 4. Another reason I believed the story, because WR production wasn’t really the issue. I don’t remember the recruiting for 2015 class, but he got a kid that was going to quit football to become a 1000 yard receiver and was gone after the season 

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Agreed.  I get the same feeling about Patterson.  Someone in the know may be able to disencumber me of the notion that Sarkisian is waiting for Patterson to get a better offer so he doesn't have to deal with him as a perceived Sword of Damocles.

I choose to believe that if Sark was worried about Patterson being a sword of damocles for him, he wouldn't even bother to talk to him at all and that the reason he is talking to Patterson is because he saw the fucking epic disaster PK was last year and, while not firing him, is not married to him.  Sark is smart enough to know he knows pretty much shitall about fixing a defense and that no matter how good his O is he can't win championships playing 50-48 games.

I'm surprised that PK is still here after the Kansas clusterfuck but whatever.

I'm good with Patterson being a sword of damocles for PK.

If Patterson can come and help fix the defense, great.  Hopefully they can make it work with Sark/PK.

As for Sarkisian being personally concerned by Patterson's presence, about his own job, I just don't understand why that would be the case.

The guy who was just fired by TCU - a place that has his statue - in part because of the record below, would be seen as a program saviour or Sark replacement?

image.thumb.png.f7de4bba0c1f19556b7aa4cb35166b6b.png

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

I'm assuming that's what he meant. We aren't canning Sark for Fat Pat.

Actually our leadership might be stupid enough to do that... 

based on the post, my assumption was he meant a sword of damocles over Sark not PK.  why would Sark care about SOD being over PK.  maybe it would get PK's ass in gear.  Its certainly something Saban would and does do.  

LSU is apparently targeting Denbrock (Cincy OC) and House (Chiefs LB coach) for their OC and DC positions. Seems like weird hires. 

Meanwhile, Napier is putting together a loaded staff. He's apparently hiring Sale as OL coach and is in the mix to hire Rumph, Karl Scott, and Eric Henderson. Florida will have one of the best coaching staffs in the country if they hit on a couple more big names. 

I actually think Kelly is a good coach but LSU fucked up big time not hiring Napier. I'm glad OU didn't hire him either. Everything I've seen from Napier screams he's the real deal. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

LSU is apparently targeting Denbrock (Cincy OC) and House (Chiefs LB coach) for their OC and DC positions. Seems like weird hires. 

Meanwhile, Napier is putting together a loaded staff. He's apparently hiring Sale as OL coach and is in the mix to hire Rumph, Karl Scott, and Eric Henderson. Florida will have one of the best coaching staffs in the country if they hit on a couple more big names. 

I actually think Kelly is a good coach but LSU fucked up big time not hiring Napier. I'm glad OU didn't hire him either. Everything I've seen from Napier screams he's the real deal. 

Florida plays at aggy next year later in the year.  Let's see if Napier has them clicking at that point.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

He sounded like an idiot to me in his PC and he lost to Texas last season.  

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

I don’t understand how two of his first hires were Kerry Cooks and a ST coach. I guess if he had a ST only coach he is going to let Cooks coordinate the entire secondary and that’s not good. Maybe he only has one LB coach and gets another secondary coach in there.

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

LSU fans already realize this mistake. 

Kelly just seemed like a bad fit from the get go.  A very poor cultural fit in a place where culture is a huge part of their identity.  I think he's going to have trouble recruiting and I think ultimately it's  going to be a failure that after the fact everyone will be wondering why it wasn't obvious when they hired him.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Kelly just seemed like a bad fit from the get go.  A very poor cultural fit in a place where culture is a huge part of their identity.  I think he's going to have trouble recruiting and I think ultimately it's  going to be a failure that after the fact everyone will be wondering why it wasn't obvious when they hired him.

Yea but to his credit kelly is trying to fight in.  He already sounds like an authentic Cajun #familay

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

This staff Napier is putting together would have been scary as fuck at LSU. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1