2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

38 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Why exactly didn't aggy like the Sarkisian hire? Are they truly scared of Sark can potentially build in Austin?

31 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Well, Sarkisian was 5-7 in his 1st year, and was still able to pull in a Top 5 class with the bigtime assist of affluent alums that likely would have sat on the sidelines if Herman was still the coach. Plus, for as bad as the defense was in year #1, the offense was dynamic enough to make Casey Thompson look competent on occasions and allowed Bijan and Worthy to become house hold names.

I wrote that they didn't like it January. They thought he hired a good staff and would be a force in recruiting. Not sure what they think right now, other than they're fucking scrambling to pull together an NIL strategy and the capital for it, which is also going to impact how much they're going to allocate to the bag game in the future.

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Fatterson's recent twitter follows are interesting @NoName

no lie there.

i see basically no Texas affiliated folks following him recently-ish though. went through about 350 recent followers and didn't see any players currently on the team.

VERY INTERESTINGLY Andrew Mukuba is in his last 300 followers. couple of random Texas 995ers. a shitload of recruits. a random dude whose twitter bio was "i love my wife".

mukuba recent followers

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.08a854a71cf1ed88b52c402e88d0d133.png

GP followers:

https://en.whotwi.com/FBCoachP/friends

image.thumb.png.b87a4929356aefcebfba380fcf8f9549.png

image.thumb.png.31af86b187464c0920d5c3d9491b374d.png

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I wrote that they didn't like it January. They thought he hired a good staff and would be a force in recruiting. Not sure what they think right now, other than they're fucking scrambling to pull together an NIL strategy and the capital for it, which is also going to impact how much they're going to allocate to the bag game in the future.

Yes. I understand that good sir. Sarkisian/Flood/Banks/Davis lived up to their recruiting chops off a 5-7 season. If they show any kind of improvement, Texas will be hard to outbid legally or illegally because they will have a better on the field product, at least offensively and likely defensively, to sell. 

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Oh, my bad? That's where we draw the line? The taboo of thinking Texas is all high and mighty and would never!

Nobody thinks that. That you think we do despite everyone repeatedly telling you this is why you need to quit.

It shouldn't surprise this board, for those who have been around and paying attention, if multiple folks from the recruiting side aren't shown the door. Harris, Searels, several others. Harris was an experimental mistake. Hopefully Sarkisian adds a bunch of better help above and beyond just replacing folks.

• Hook 'Em 8

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

Finding a different job before getting fired. 

It’s been rumored all over the place that Harris sucks and has no clue what he’s doing. 

Define "all over the place" because i've only seen it from like two or three people on this board. He is well liked by players (as seen in Worthy's post above) and many recruits. I am obviously not saying that you cant upgrade there but multiple dudes from this cycle and 23's like Arch Manning, J Cook, and Rueben Owens have all gone on record talking about how much they love B Harris. He may not be elite at his job but to say that he sucks seems pretty harsh.

3 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Define "all over the place" because i've only seen it from like two or three people on this board. He is well liked by players (as seen in Worthy's post above) and many recruits. I am obviously not saying that you cant upgrade there but multiple dudes from this cycle and 23's like Arch Manning, J Cook, and Rueben Owens have all gone on record talking about how much they love B Harris. He may not be elite at his job but to say that he sucks seems pretty harsh.

Nahlin has also mentioned it on IT.

There's no chance Texas is losing anybody they value to Temple. Especially a coaching position that isn't on the field. This move to Temple should tell you everything you need to know about how Sark feels about Harris. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

no lie there.

i see basically no Texas affiliated folks following him recently-ish though. went through about 350 recent followers and didn't see any players currently on the team.

VERY INTERESTINGLY Andrew Mukuba is in his last 300 followers. couple of random Texas 995ers. a shitload of recruits. a random dude whose twitter bio was "i love my wife".

mukuba recent followers

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.08a854a71cf1ed88b52c402e88d0d133.png

GP followers:

https://en.whotwi.com/FBCoachP/friends

image.thumb.png.b87a4929356aefcebfba380fcf8f9549.png

image.thumb.png.31af86b187464c0920d5c3d9491b374d.png

Since we're playing this game...

Marion's 7 most recent follows are now Trevell Johnson, some rando, JWhitt, Westcott Eberts, Suchomel, Taylor Estes, and Rod Babers

Obviously he'd already be following anyone from Pitt, but sure seems like there's still smoke. Wonder if Pitt chose an OC already (hard to imagine Slovis committing otherwise).

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

Nahlin has also mentioned it on IT.

There's no chance Texas is losing anybody they value to Temple. Especially a coaching position that isn't on the field. This move to Temple should tell you everything you need to know about how Sark feels about Harris. 

Ok I didn't know about the Nahlin mention. This just didn't read like a "Harris is incompetent" type of situation based on what recruits have said about him and stuff like this tweet, but maybe you are right. Im excited to see who we replace him with.

11 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Since we're playing this game...

Marion's 7 most recent follows are now Trevell Johnson, some rando, JWhitt, Westcott Eberts, Suchomel, Taylor Estes, and Rod Babers

Obviously he'd already be following anyone from Pitt, but sure seems like there's still smoke. Wonder if Pitt chose an OC already (hard to imagine Slovis committing otherwise).

He also hasn't liked/retweeted anything related to Slovis. Let's see if he does... that would be a nice data point.

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It shouldn't surprise this board, for those who have been around and paying attention, if multiple folks from the recruiting side aren't shown the door. Harris, Searels, several others. Harris was an experimental mistake. Hopefully Sarkisian adds a bunch of better help above and beyond just replacing folks.

Glasscock is nothing special and could certainly be upgraded. 

4 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Glasscock is nothing special and could certainly be upgraded. 

Serious question, how is a director of player personnel evaluated or seen as good or not good before 1 full recruiting cycle is even over? Obviously he isn’t involved in visit experience or anything like that and seems to be more like a GM. Is it just the way he sets the recruiting board? Does he need to do a better job of finding late bloomers? Genuinely curious.

33 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Harris is a good dude, but he's not a management type. Of course they all like him, he's friendly and fun to be around.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We may not be cheating to the extent of other schools but some of these guys that have visited aint visiting for free brother.

We know. We all know. You're like a child coming up to the dinner table, trying to inform the adults that Santa Claus -- gasp! -- isn't real, and that it was his parents all along. And the parents in question are at the table at the time.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

We know. We all know. You're like a child coming up to the dinner table, trying to inform the adults that Santa Claus -- gasp! -- isn't real, and that it was his parents all along. And the parents in question are at the table at the time.

Nah. They’re is actually a good sized segment of our fan base that believes it….so how does me asking a simple question to a poster make you this upset?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Nah. They’re is actually a good sized segment of our fan base that believes it….so how does me asking a simple question to a poster make you this upset?

You're JAQing off. And I'm not upset. I'm trying to give you a chance to demonstrate that you're human, and not an animal, before I stick my gom jabbar into the "ignore poster" button.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Because you spend enough time here to either know better and are wasting our time anyway, or you’re as dumb as you often exhibit and we’d all prefer you go waste your time on the football board educating the idiot masses instead. So you’re either trolling or fucking dumb. Either way take your false equivalencies, shove them up your ass sideways, and eat shit. 

So many words. 

15 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

You're JAQing off. And I'm not upset. I'm trying to give you a chance to demonstrate that you're human, and not an animal, before I stick my gom jabbar into the "ignore poster" button.

Do what you have to do