Lincoln Riley to USC

Landomatic

Just now, mdmost said:

Well, we don't have to worry about Urban Meyer going to USC now. The dream is still alive!

Well, not really...I mean the difference in quality of life in idyllic Jacksonville, Florida is so clearly head and shoulders above the People's Repulik of Austin and that bullshit bastion of communism known as SoCal...who could blame Urban for wanting to remain with the Jaguars where life is fucking awesome bro!  Gimme my Oakleys!

This dude made southern California the base of Oklahoma's skill position recruiting efforts over the last year knowing full well the USC job was likely going to open up, said he wasn't going to LSU last night knowing damn well what he was going to do today and then basically spent two minutes in a player's meeting saying 'peace out' before leaving. That is stone cold. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, Deej said:

C'mon...Cali doesn't have tornadoes, tiger sanctuaries, or catfish noodlin'. Why would anyone choose to live there?

Because of 'Freederms!  To eat bags of dicks, among other things apparently.  But supposedly, it beats the fuck outta Santa Monica 

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

I am not thrilled about OU getting a new coach.  I think they would have continued to regress under Riley.

10-2 every year by our measure is not regression.  Over the span of a decade sure you might be right.  But right here, right now, in the span of 6 hours, all of the negative recruiting against us just lost all of it's potency without us lifting a finger or saying a word.  Everything we've been saying about 0u being the rig's ca$hcow is vindicated.  Everything we've been saying about why thieves shit the bed in the postseason with actual application of the rules of the game is vindicated.  Lincs flipped the script for us at a crucial moment when we needed the kleig lights pointed at another program.

This is quite thrilling.

• Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

OK > California is quite possibly the worst take I’ve ever read. Y’all are fucking idiots. No offense.

Username not checking out

And yes, if you're rich there may not be a better place to live in the country than Southern California. Only a few places around the world would be as good or better. Barcelona is another city that's ridiculously fun to be if you're rich. 

• Hook 'Em 1