Lincoln Riley to USC

Landomatic

3 minutes ago, AllenTx75 said:

Too soft of a coach . OU fans resented his soft style and stubborn coaching . His offense was figured out . 

Offense was figured out…LOL!!! Fucking duh… everyone’s schemes are figured out. It was the lack of elite OL players that he had previously that made the offense lesser. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Heupel does seem like the obvious choice. Looks like a bag of dicks and has proven he’s actually a good HC. Plus he’s offensively minded and they want that. 8 million buyout 

They fired his fat ass when his offense wasn't good enough. His FIL (Boren) isn't president anymore. He ain't going back there.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Sort of Urban with the Florida thing. But that was more drawn out and weird. 

Yeah, that's close, but I don't consider FL a helmet school, but in the next tier down.  In my world there are 7 true helmet schools-TX, OU, USC, mich, ND, USC, bama. Those should all be destination jobs, though we are doing our best to challenge that notion.

USC is one of the few schools that’s not in the SEC that can put together a roster like an SEC power. Even on the defensive side of the ball. When USC is rolling they can pull whomever they want out of the West Coast. People forget how loaded those Carroll teams were. With a good DC, you’ll stop seeing Samoan names or QBs like Bryce Young on SEC and ACC rosters. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Constant said:

I think I care about this stuff too much. Legit ruined an otherwise nice little Sunday for me. Probably a good sign I need to step back and not be so affected by the decisions of greedy millionaires. 

You’re posting on surly…stop fooling yourself

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

No, two of those were with the preseason Heisman favorite third year QB. How quickly people forget.

I don't think any Texas fans have forgotten that OU has been cranking out Heisman QB's. The majority of your post was about this season. Of course their offensive numbers will regress with a true freshman QB. OU has gotten marginally worse I suppose but they aren't bad. He also developed Baker and Kyler, and even Jalen I suppose, into the NFL starters they are today. I see where people are coming from when they argue he couldn't get it done with Heisman quarterbacks, but I don't think its fair, because I don't think they would have been near as good had they played elsewhere. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I mean it makes sense. USC is a blue blood and that conference can be dominated right off the bat. Still shocking. My guess is he doesn’t like the SEC, and that’s fair. I don’t like him but I do t see this as “running away” from the SEC. Why go through that if you can make just as much money and put together just as good a team in SoCal?

Just now, Duane Moore said:

I wonder if the Bob Stoops as interim will be to hold the place until the NFL regular season is over and they can make a run at Rhule or Urban? Or even keep him on for the 2022 season like Luke Fickell at tOSU until one of those NFL guys is ready to jump. 

Duane Less, please.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Yeah, that's close, but I don't consider FL a helmet school, but in the next tier down.  In my world there are 7 true helmet schools-TX, OU, USC, mich, ND, USC, bama. Those should all be destination jobs, though we are doing our best to challenge that notion.

not tOSU?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

tOSU belongs. By every single metric Gator has had more sustained success than Texas, Michigan, and Notre Dame over the past 40 years. It’s a helmet school if the word means anything. 

I would consider it a newer helmet school along with FSU/LSU and maybe Penn State.

Just now, JOSEYWALES66 said:

You ever been to South Bend?  At least Norman doesn’t have the crappy weather (except tornados). 😁

But it’s such a cush job.  They go 9-3 or better and they are in the playoff conversation.  A sizeable portion of the country believes its their religious duty to root for them.  They have their own national TV network- a real actual network with shows and stuff.  They play a schedule that looks tough on paper but always seems light in practice.  

2 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

I get that he walked right into a well oiled machine and inherited incredible recruiting momentum, but the whole notion that LR is a “mediocre” coach and that his offense has been “figured out” is some of the most delusional shit I’ve seen on this site. 

He's a great offensive coordinator,  better? This is the test now, if he turns USC around, there you go. But taking over dads successful business doesn't make you a good business man. 

4 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

I get that he walked right into a well oiled machine and inherited incredible recruiting momentum, but the whole notion that LR is a “mediocre” coach and that his offense has been “figured out” is some of the most delusional shit I’ve seen on this site. 

hey even our DC figured it out for a quarter!  its old news like the wing T.  anyone can stop it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

He was handed a solid team by Stoops, and then things got worse.  Beating up on sisters-of-the-poor does you no good if you embarrass yourself nationally.

So now he's going to be handed a shit-show team in a shit-show conference and somehow magically do better?

The only reason this is a good move for him is that:

A) He got a shitload of money out of USC

B) He got that money before he really exposed himself as a mediocre coach

The key is how much of that money is guaranteed.