Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

38 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

PSA

Pearland is not Houston. Katy is not Houston. The Woodlands is not Houston. Baytown is not Houston. 

Thanks, 

BigHorn'13 

I'm from Houston and this post is stupidly ignorant. Next you're going to probably say that Arlington, Richardson, and Denton are not DFW. Let it go, broseph. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

I wonder if that means we are fading with John Mills. That would be understandable, I would probably go Oregon or Washington if I was him.

I dont think so

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Aren't we expecting some attrition to our OL depth?  Seems like a year when we go deep in OL recruiting.

Not saying it will happen but we could lose our Top 6 projected OL as all are either out of eligibility or draft eligible, which includes Williams, Umeozulu, and Campbell.

48 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I'm from Houston and this post is stupidly ignorant. Next you're going to probably say that Arlington, Richardson, and Denton are not DFW. Let it go, broseph. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952lnxrp59692yqjl054w

Also "DFW" (metroplex) encompasses all of those places. 

25 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Gerry has been adamant that this will be a 6 OL class, we have 3. The remaining 3 will be the from the following; Mills, Haywood, Fausi, Rogers, and Brooks.

Fasusi will be in this class. The final 2 are from Mills, Haywood, Rogers, and Brooks.

3 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

I always felt like all 3 would for sure go to the same school, but the 3rd brother, Isaiah, has some smaller offers, so I wasn’t sure if he was willing to be a walk-on or not. I’m glad that he is.

Buy 2, get one free!

4 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

PSA

Pearland is not Houston. Katy is not Houston. The Woodlands is not Houston. Baytown is not Houston. 

Thanks, 

BigHorn'13 

Also, it's HOU, not HTX 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Isaiah is the middle one... wasn't poona like 30lbs heavier when he enrolled

I meant in terms of being overlooked because he's "undersized".  He'll be 300+ soon enough, and seems to have the same killer attitude as Poona.

14 hours ago, Bevo said:

Fasusi will be in this class. The final 2 are from Mills, Haywood, Rogers, and Brooks.

Haywood ain't happening unless something drastic changes.  No OV scheduled.  Probably aggy or OU.

• Like 1

(#1 Edge in the '25 247 Composite, OVing to Texas.)

Texas showing 'a lot of love' to No. 1 edge, FSU commit Javion Hilson
The Longhorns have added another edge rusher target to the summer official visitors list.
Hank South (Horns 247)

"They are right behind Florida as far as teams pushing to get me." ... "That's why I scratched Bama, and put them in the season and added Texas for an OV."

Spoiler

Texas showing 'a lot of love' to No. 1 edge, FSU commit Javion Hilson
The Longhorns have added another edge rusher target to the summer official visitors list.
Hank South (Horns 247)

Texas will play host to Florida State edge commit Javion Hilson for an official visit June 7-9, he tells 247Sports' Blake Alderman. 

"I was going to visit Bama that weekend, but now I am going to do that one in the season. I am going to Texas now instead that weekend," the Cocoa (Fla.) product said. 

"They are right behind Florida as far as teams pushing to get me. Florida and Texas show a lot of love. I am really OV'ing to teams who came to a spring practice. Bama did too, but Texas came first. They show a lot of love. Coach P(Pete Kwiatkowski), the outside linebackers coach at Texas shows a lot of love. They been trying to get me bad too. They been battling, hitting my phone up. Trying to let me know they want me bad. That's why I scratched Bama, and put them in the season and added Texas for an OV."

Hilson ranks as the No. 1 edge in the country, per the 247Sports Composite Rankings. He's been committed to the Seminoles since January. Florida, Florida State and UCF are also slated to get official visits in the coming weeks. 

Here's Hilson's 247Sports player evaluation, via Andrew Ivins: 

"Intriguing edge prospect who looks to have plenty of growth potential. Appears to be able to eventually carry 265 or so. Can play a bit rigid at times, but covers a ton of ground and builds up plenty of momentum as he works his way into the backfield. Naturally upright, but can change directions. View as more of a run defender than a pass rusher long-term, but production shows versatility and all-situations competency. Combination of physical traits, testing data, and functional athleticism suggest ample long-term upside. Could become a high-major impact player with NFL Draft upside."

image.png.0dbbf66a45b5b8f3d9fde35dbbbd8892.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

On 5/25/2024 at 8:09 PM, BigHorn'13 said:

PSA

Thanks, 

BigHorn'13 

Reminds me of this snobby Tri Delt that I took out that argued adamantly that anything outside of the Loop wasn’t in Houston. 

Crystal Ballin': A Memorial Day 6-pack of predictions for Texas targets

The Texas Longhorns are ready to roll as they gear up for a busy summer of recruiting. 

This weekend will bring some of the nation's best underclassmen to the Forty Acres for the annual June 1st Texas Elite Camp that'll take place on Saturday. 

New offers will be sent out, new prospects will be evaluated, and other prospects will receive new evaluations before the staff turns around a week later to begin the most important time of the year— official visit season. 

According to our notes, the Longhorns will welcome in 44 prospects on official visits over the summer as they look to add to their 16th ranked recruiting class that holds nine commitments from Texarkana (TX) Pleasant Grove four-star defensive lineman Lance Jackson, Dallas Skyline four-star linebacker Elijah Barnes, Saraland four-star quarterback KJ Lacey, Calhoun (GA) four-star tight end Emaree Winston, Cedar Hill three-star offensive tackle Jordan Coleman, Tyler Chapel Hill three-star running back Rickey Stewart, Port Neches-Groves three-star interior offensive lineman Jackson Christian, Melbourne (FL) Eau Gallie three-star defensive lineman Brandon Brown, and Cedar Hill three-star interior offensive lineman Devin Coleman. 

Around this time next month, there will be more commitments in the class with the possibility of the class doubling in size by June 27. 

That said, it's time we fire up the Crystal Ball machine and put in six predictions for Texas targets in 2025.

Happy Memorial Day!

SHREVEPORT (LA) CALVARY BAPTIST 4-STAR RB JAMES SIMON

James Simon (Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)
Unless something is going to happen out of the blue, Simon is likely the next prospect to commit to Texas as he'll be making his decision on Wednesday, May 29 at 12:30 PM CT. Alabama, LSU, Notre Dame, Texas, and Texas A&M make up the finalists, but this recruitment was Texas vs. LSU for the majority of it. Then April 13th came, and the Bayou Bengals took their second commitment at the running back position in 2025 from JT Lindsey. 

That in turn made the recruitment all the way Texas and it's remained the same since, especially after Simon spent multiple days in Austin when he unofficially visited for the spring game. Although this one has been heavily trending Texas since the second week of April, Texas A&M is viewed as the school that's the biggest threat to Texas, but if things continue to trend like they should, a burnt orange hat will be selected around lunchtime on Wednesday.

ATLANTA (GA) WESTLAKE 4-STAR OT JUAN GASTON

Juan Gaston (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
A true behemoth offensive tackle prospect standing at 6-foot-7, 345 pounds, Gaston was one of the first out-of-state prospects to land an offer from Kyle Flood once the 2025 recruiting cycle really got going. With official visits set for Georgia (May 31-June 2), South Carolina (June 7-9), Texas (June 14-16), and Oregon (June 21-23), I heavily expect Gaston to eventually end up with the in-state Bulldogs. Gaston has also already seen all four of his finalist on unofficial visits, so none of the trips will be his first time on either campus. 

Georgia does a phenomenal job of keeping their local talent home, and with Gaston being an Atlanta native this just makes too much sense. At this point in the recruitment I couldn't even tell you what the order of schools is after Georgia in first place, which is pretty telling of where this one is trending. This isn't intel based at all, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Gaston commits to Georgia on his OV and ends up canceling the rest of his trips.

SAN FRANCISCO (CA) ST. IGNATIUS PREP 3-STAR OT JOHN MILLS

John Mills (Photo: Brandon Huffman, 247Sports)
Another true behemoth offensive tackle prospect at 6-foot-6, 320 pounds, it's clear as day that Kyle Flood is still sticking to his big humans mantra heading into year four in Austin. Mills has already taken two official visits to Nebraska (April 26-28) and Cal (May 23-25) and he has three more coming up with Washington (May 31-June 2), Florida (June 7-9), and Texas (June 14-16). A bit of a unordinary recruitment, Mills wasn't invited to a Texas camp yet showed up and earned an offer without the staff knowing who he was when he first arrived.

He earned a few more of his big time offers the same way, but since Texas threw their hat in the ring they've been in good position. With multiple family members having gone to Washington as athletes and regular students, the Huskies are viewed as the main competition to the Longhorns but I like the chances of Kyle Flood getting this one done. With Mills planning to announce a commitment in June after the completion of his official visit slate, Texas is set up well as the school with the last visit on the calendar.

ALIEF HASTINGS 4-STAR DL SMITH OROGBO

Smith Orogbo (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
A prospect who really saw his recruitment process take off this spring, Orogbo collected 32 of his 39 offers since the turn of the new year and he has a full official visit schedule as well. He'll see Mizzou (May 31-June 2), Texas Tech (June 7-9), Kansas (June 12-14), Texas (June 14-16), and Oklahoma (June 21-23). He's also already taken two official visits when he saw Arizona State (April 26-28) and SMU (May 17-19) earlier in the spring. 

Although I just listed seven schools for his official visit schedule, the recruitment is being led by three programs: Oklahoma, Texas, and Texas Tech. This is one of the few recruitments in the year 2024 where education is paramount in, and with Orogbo wanting to become a real estate agent one day, the Longhorns blow the competition out of the water from an academic perspective. The Longhorns also hold the proximity advantage, and with all that said I like the chances of Orogbo eventually ending up at Texas.

RUSTON 3-STAR CB AIDAN ANDING

Aidan Anding (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
One of the biggest risers of this offseason, Anding collected all but one of his offers since the turn of the new year. With official visits set in the order of Miami, TCU, Arkansas, and Texas with the Hurricanes being viewed as the main competition to the Longhorns, I like Texas' chances here and am rolling with the burnt orange. As stated previously, the Hurricanes are the main competition and aren't to be taken lightly as they've even ramped up their efforts in recent weeks.

But as long as Anding makes it out of his official visit to Miami (that's this upcoming weekend) uncommitted, than I'd expect Anding to end up committing to the Longhorns before the summer is over. Although Champ Lewis didn't end up in the Longhorns 2022 class come signing day, Terry Joseph has used his Louisiana ties to land a defensive back commitment from a Louisiana native every full recruiting cycle he's been in Austin and I expect the trend to continue in 2025 in the form of Anding.

FORT BEND MARSHALL 3-STAR CB CALEB CHESTER

Caleb Chester (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
A longtime target of Terry Joseph and Steve Sarkisian, Chester has four official visits left and he already saw TCU May 3-5. Up next will be LSU (May 31-June 2), Texas (June 7-9), Texas A&M (June 14-16), and Arkansas (June 21-23). While I think Arkansas and more so LSU have given Chester a lot to think about, a source in Houston has long maintained Chester's decision would likely come down to the two in-state rivals of Texas and Texas A&M.

After Adonyss Currie committed to A&M over the weekend, the Aggies now hold four commitments from cornerbacks with all four being ranked inside the Top247. While A&M still has more room to add DBs as they look to sign a large class, I don't see Chester being a part of it and instead lean towards the Longhorns. I could see Chester committing to Texas on his visit during the June 7-9 weekend and opting to cancel his other trips, but regardless of when the decision comes it'll be before his senior season with us expecting the decision to be Texas. I'm joining Hank South who entered in his Texas crystal ball for Chester on August 1, 2023 with my own prediction with a confidence of 6.

The Stampede: In-depth breakdown of expected visitors for Texas Elite Camp

It's going to be a busy month of June on the Forty Acres, starting this upcoming Saturday, June 1, as the Longhorns gear up to host Elite Camp. An invite-only event, a number of offers will come out of Saturday, and it's likely a handful of future Longhorns players will be putting their talents on display. 

More names will be added to the list throughout the week, so this isn't a final look at who all is expected. But it's enough to get a general idea of the kind of talent expected to compete inside DKR on Saturday. 

Take a look! 

San Marcos (Cailf.) Mission Hills four-star quarterback Troy Huhn

There's a strong chance Texas' 2026 quarterback commit is in attendance at the Elite Camp on Saturday. Whether that's Troy Huhn or Dia Bell is still to be determined. Huhn is returning for yet another visit to Austin after attending the April 6 Longhorn City Limits. Texas is near, if not at, the top of the 6-foot-4, 205-pound passer's list, along with additional offers from Washington, Michigan, Ole Miss, Notre Dame, among others. (SOUTH)

Dia Bell at Texas earlier this spring. (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)

Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage five-star quarterback Dia Bell

In all likelihood this could be the most potent camp in the country this summer when it comes to quarterbacking talent, as all three of the out-of-state signal callers have already firmly entrenched their names into the Top247 for their respective cycle.

The son of former NBA defensive ace Raja Bell, Dia is the headliner of the camp as he'll check in as the No. 21 overall prospect and No. 4 quarterback in the nation on Saturday. With the plan of being committed by the end of the season at the latest, Bell was originally wanting to shut it down this summer but now looks to be aiming for the August or September timeframe for his decision. Texas, Oregon, and Florida State are the programs on the visit/camp schedule for now, and the Longhorns are in great position as they begin their summer of recruiting. Bell will likely see other schools before his decision as there are other programs in the mix like Penn State and Miami, but it's clear the Longhorns are in the leading group regardless of who the competition consists of. I wouldn't necessarily expect it, but if things go well, I would not be surprised at all if Bell follows in the footsteps of his good friend KJ Lacey by shutting it down while on campus this weekend. (SCRUGGS)

Harbor City (Calif.) Narbonne four-star quarterback Jaden O'Neal

The Longhorns have yet to offer Jaden O'Neal, but I've seen him several times in person this offseason and really like him as a passer. His recruitment is pretty open and he has over 10 schools on his visit schedule this summer so the Longhorns still have time to get in the mix if they wanted to. He's incredibly well put together at 6-foot-3, 200 pounds and is one of the rare young passers where the ball jumps out of his hand. While I wouldn't give him the comp of Florida five-star freshman DJ Lagway, he's probably the closest thing we've seen to him from a jumbo athlete/frame on a quarterback since Lagway was evaluated.

Pflugerville quarterback Cole Taylor

Taylor is a local product that'll be making his way to camp with his good friend and teammate Jaivion Martin. Also a baseball player and the son of the Panthers head coach, Taylor has gone 256-432 (59%) for 2,906 yards and 18 touchdowns in about a year and a half of starting play. (SCRUGGS)

Tradarian Ball. (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
Texarkana Texas High four-star running back Tradarian Ball

Aledo three-star running back Raycine Guillory — Texas commit

Up to us finding out Raycine Guillory silently committed while we were still in the parking lot for the January 20 Junior Day, we'd long felt as if Ball had the best shot out of any of the running backs in the loaded in-state 2026 class to end up with the Longhorns. With the Longhorns being the dream school and Tashard Choice leading the charge, that's obviously still very possible, but Guillory's commitment certainly made things vague with the running back picture as Guillory's pledge trimmed the available RB spots in the class from two to one.

While Guillory has taken visits to other programs this spring, he's remained locked in with his commitment to the Longhorns since giving it on Jan. 20 at the Junior Day. He'll return from his injury he suffered in the playoffs and will be right back to being the Bearcats' bellcow in 2024. (SCRUGGS)

San Marcos running back Izayah Young

Texas' 2026 running back board is pretty simple, at least at this point. You have Longhorns commit Raycine Guillory, and after that you have you Tradarian Ball, Javian Osborne, and KJ Edwards. The class is likely going t be made up of some sort of combination from that group, at least as things stand now. Young has offers from Baylor and Texas State. We'll see how he performs this weekend as to whether he'll move the needle with UT. (SOUTH)

Kayden Dixon-Wyatt. (Photo: Blair Angulo, 247Sports)
Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei four-star wide receiver Kayden Dixon-Wyatt

Another talented prospect coming out of Mater Dei High School, a program the Longhorns are very comfortable recruiting. Both Steve Sarkisian and wide receivers coach Chris Jackson have ties to the Monarchs program, which helps when working to recruit talented prospects to move cross country for their college football. Dixon-Wyatt earned an offer from the Longhorns well over a year ago. Alabama, Miami and UCLA are three schools he saw this spring already. 

Stockton (Calif.) St. Mary's three-star wide receiver Kenneth Moore III

Another West Coast wide receiver, Moore has yet to receive an offer from the Longhorns, which of course could come with a strong camp showing on Saturday. His father played for Washington State in the 1990s. Most of Moore's recruitment to date has centered around West Coast programs like San Diego State, Washington, and the aforementioned Cougars. (SOUTH)

Pearland Shadow Creek wide receiver Chris Stewart

Pflugerville three-star tight end Jaivion Martin

He's currently unranked, but think of Chris Stewart like he's a Top247 WR because I like the chances he ends up being one one day. Holding pretty much every offer you could possibly want as a wide receiver prospect outside of the prized Ohio State offer, Stewart's recruitment is one that the Longhorns will be in till the end at the very least as Texas was the first school to throw their hat in the ring back in the winter.

Besides Zach Turner from Duncanville, I think Martin is the best tight end prospect I've seen in Texas in 2026 so far, and he'll be making the short trip down to campus with his high school QB Cole Taylor. With Texas being the dream school and Martin being a local kid, a crystal ball would be entered in in favor of the Longhorns pretty quickly if Martin was to receive an offer. (SCRUGGS)

Melissa wide receiver Payhton Porter

A rising in-state talent, Porter's recruiting footprint is just getting going. The 6-foot-2.5, 187-pounder holds an early SEC offer from Missouri. Look for his list to grow in the coming months. (SOUTH)

Keenyi Pepe. (Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)
Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy four-star offensive tackle Keenyi Pepe

One of the highest rated prospect in attendance, Pepe has caught a ton of national buzz in recent weeks, including form our own national director of scouting, Andrew Ivins: 

"Not only does Pepe own a prototypical frame (6-foot-7, 295 pounds), but he's light on his feet and can match speed rushers with his agility. There weren't a ton of full team reps during the glorified practice, but we also liked how he was able to find leverage and open up perimeter run lanes."

Pepe reported a very early offer from Texas back in the fall of 2021, early on in the Steve Sarkisian era. The rising junior now holds nearly three dozen offers to his name. There are no Crystal Ball projections to date. (SOUTH)

Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy three-star interior offensive lineman Breck Kolojay

Kolojay, originally from Colorado, is drawing heavy SEC interest, with Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, and others all expected to host the talented 6-foot-5.5, 300-pounder. It's too early to determine a favorite at this point. It's safe to assume Texas will be on the short list when he does, though, based off his criteria for a school. 

"I definitely want a school that competes for a national championship every year. A school that wins football games and also a school where I could help them win football games," Kolojay recently told 247Sports' Brett Greenberg. "Also, relationships are everything. I want a great relationship with the head coach, the coordinator, the position coach and the grad assistants. That is what it is all about. Seeing how many offensive lineman they send to the league and how they develop players, that is really what I am looking for." (SOUTH)

Euless Trinity interior offensive lineman Pupunagatoa Katoa

When he eventually gets ranked it still probably won't show of the true impact he is, but the wide bodied Toa Katoa has already made a pretty strong case as being the top interior offensive line prospect in Texas in 2026. Already holding an offer from the Longhorns, Texas should be in this one till the end as the recruitment could come down to the blue bloods in the region. (SCRUGGS)

KJ Ford. (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
Temple four-star defensive lineman Jamarion Carlton

Bastrop four-star defensive lineman Tiki Hola

Duncanville four-star EDGE KJ Ford

The No. 4 prospect in the state for the rising junior class, Carlton still doesn't have an offer from the Longhorns but will likely receive one this weekend. Listed as a defensive lineman for the time being, Carlton could project to EDGE as the 6-foot-4, 215 pounder is one of the more explosive pass rushers in the Lone Star State as he comes from a deep basketball background as Temple's star playmaker on the hardwood. Also throws shot and disc on the track. 

Another local product, Bastrop's Tiki Hola was one of the first prospects to receive an offer from the Longhorns as he earned it following one of Texas' camps this past summer. A local kid that's highly coveted, Texas will have competition in keeping Hola in Austin but the Longhorns should end up getting it done. 

The next in-line on the defensive line at the prospect factory known as Duncanville, Ford has already taken a lot of visits as a member of the California Power 5on5 program and has already made stops at Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, USC, UCLA, and Miami amongst others this spring. If the recruitment was to end today, there's a high shot that it'd be for Oklahoma as the Sooners have done a really good job so far, but we're far from decision time and the Longhorns will be very much in the thick of it at the very least. Texas will have some work to do over the next year to make that happen, but it's nothing this staff hasn't faced before as they look to land their next coveted pass rusher out of Duncanville after landing Colin Simmons in 2024. (SCRUGGS)

Carthage four-star linebacker Daquives Beck

Katy Mayde Creek three-star linebacker Kosi Okpala

Fort Bend Marshall three-star linebacker Noriel Dominguez

Beck might be the kid I'm most excited to see this weekend and largely because we don't get much exposure to Carthage kids with them being well, all the way in Carthage. Broke out onto the national recruiting scene after having 132 tackles, 9 TFLs, and 6 sacks en route to leading Carthage to the fourth round of the playoffs. 

Okpala is one of the prospects in 2026 who I feel pretty good about eventually ending up at Texas if things continue to go the way they're going. Godbrothers with Brian Orakpo with lots of other ties to Austin, everyone in Okpala's family wants him at Texas and so do the Longhorns as the 6-foot-1.5, 215 pounder commonly wreaks havoc off the edge for his Mayde Creek Rams.

Dominguez is the only one of the three linebackers listed without an offer. Another pretty productive 'backer with 92 tackles, 12 TFLs, 4 sacks, and 4 forced fumbles in 2023, expect Dominguez's offer list to grow as works to speed up his testing times. (SCRUGGS)

Jason Bradford. (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
Willis four-star cornerback Jermaine Bishop

Temple four-star cornerback Jason Bradford

There's a serious chance Bishop is pound-for-pound the best prospect in the state in 2026. The nephew of 1998 Heisman runner up Michael Bishop, Jermaine has started for Willis going back to his freshman year. He goes two ways and is a production machine, as in 2023 he had 37 tackles, 8 PBUs, 2 pick sixes, 5 INTs, 384 rushing yards and 7 TDs on 26 attempts (14.77 YPC), and 1,414 receiving yards and 17 TDs off 80 receptions (17.68 YPC). He also had a kick return for a touchdown, and he did it all as a 5-foot-11, 155 pound sophomore. Besides football, he's been on the Wildkats varsity basketball team since his freshman year and also runs on Willis' relay teams as well. As far as the recruitment goes, its incredibly wild open as schools are pursuing Bishop as a cornerback prospect.

One of my favorite prospects in the 2026 class, Temple's Jason Bradford is a jumbo cornerback prospect at 6-foot-2.5, 195 pounds with a plus wingspan and a late birthday that'll have him at 17 years old when he early enrolls to his school of choice in January of 2026. Another varsity starter in both football and basketball, Bradford will be making the trip down with his good friend and teammate Jamarion Carlton. Click HERE for more on Bradford from earlier this spring. (SCRUGGS)

Palestine cornerback S'Vioarean Martin

The rising junior has a great frame at 6-foof-2, 185 pounds. Martin already holds a handful of offers from Arizona, Cal, Houston, Michigan State, and others. He'll be one to keep on offer watch depending on his performance this weekend. (SOUTH)

Carrollton (Ga.) five-star safety Zelus Hicks

Five-star alert. The Peach State standout spends his practice time defending passes from star quarterback and USC pledge Julian Lewis. Hicks already holds a Texas offer, one he earned earlier this month. Programs like Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and Miami have already been mentioned among his earlier interests. He was recently on the Plains to see the Tigers. Texas could join that group this weekend, and it could be important timing as Hicks plans to commit before his junior season. (SOUTH)

Isaiah Williams. (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
Fort Bend Marshall safety Isaiah Williams

Austin LBJ safety Yaheim Riley

Fort Bend Marshall's Isaiah Williams makes up one of the two in-state safeties in 2026 with a Texas offer, with the other being Mesquite Horn's Markel Ford. With Ford likely shutting down his recruitment this summer with the commitment likely being for Texas A&M or Oklahoma, Williams' value to the Longhorns could be increased here in the next few months. A freshman varsity starter for the Buffs, Williams landed a large majority of his offers before this time last year so he's using this summer to see programs like Oregon and Ohio State for the first time as he's been a frequent visitor to the local programs in the region for over a year. That said, it's encouraging news that Williams is still making it down to Austin this weekend as for now, Texas is the only program in the region that's scheduled to host Williams this summer. 

Austin LBJ's Yaheim "Miami" Riley is my favorite defensive back in Austin for the 2026 class and he's just now starting to land offers he's been long deserving of. Others might not see it, but I view Riley as being in the same tier of talent as the previously mentioned Isaiah Williams and Markel Ford. Click HERE for more on Riley. (SCRUGGS)

Duncanville three-star safety Braylon Edwards

Edwards had a very productive sophomore season, tallying 79 tackles, seven pass breakups, and three interceptions. Clemson has shown interest, Arizona State has offered, and others are evaluating the talented 5-foot-10, 175-pounder. It's no secret Duncanville churns out some of the nation's top talent, so it will be worth monitoring how this weekend's camp performance goes for the in-state DB. (SOUTH) 

2027 recruits expected: 

Bastrop quarterback Weston Nielsen

Jackson (Ala.) running back Ezavier Crowell

Richmond Randle running back Landen Williams-Callis

Brenham running back Jakoby Dixon

Cy Ridge EDGE Kaden McCarty

Houston Kinkaid running back Wayne Shanks Jr.

Waxahachie safety JayQuan Snell

Forney offensive tackle Jordan Carraway

Garland Lakeview Centennial cornerback Montre Jackson

• Hook 'Em 7

Jordan Scruggs (Horns 247) answered a few questions after the "Crystal Ballin' / Memorial Day 6-pack" note (above). 

I'm spoilering this because of the images/length, but I thought his responses were worth reading.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.46f585e3f5f3d110ee0686d55ac57767.png

image.thumb.png.1c596a0e07deb896a34f373b81cd8b42.png

image.thumb.png.ee0c4c652055feaea1941bb5d2cc6ec8.png

image.thumb.png.5926b4b3689a98be95732d71445510bd.png

image.thumb.png.7d404214c3a548e095ea1ec2a998c062.png

image.thumb.png.3dffb66f80c7e8247f5c4da0a57705fb.png

image.thumb.png.cd421b6307fa3917fde4052f6ecf25a9.png

image.thumb.png.ff675daf7a2bf5f28f2adcd4cfb9088e.png

image.thumb.png.d36fb243f2464a008f6e34f14f38d269.png

image.thumb.png.a5c1304e25630c4b95072c644eee97af.png

image.thumb.png.594236871d1f63397f8acaaf67242671.png

image.thumb.png.0cbf11305cb1e659230365bcb9ade46a.png

image.thumb.png.d431487f7637f14a3be8a36787756c53.png

image.thumb.png.5cb755db0d68a5942610e35b7cd118f3.png

image.thumb.png.bbd277b8c7e00e27073a97c3b9dda10c.png

image.thumb.png.9a9e47c40f4ed0630f6e70a7d038ac65.png

image.thumb.png.473e3bd91b1898d6c6b9111b0a883245.png

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Jordan Scruggs (Horns 247) answered a few questions after the "Crystal Ballin' / Memorial Day 6-pack" note (above). 

I'm spoilering this because of the images/length, but I thought his responses were worth reading.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.46f585e3f5f3d110ee0686d55ac57767.png

image.thumb.png.1c596a0e07deb896a34f373b81cd8b42.png

image.thumb.png.ee0c4c652055feaea1941bb5d2cc6ec8.png

image.thumb.png.5926b4b3689a98be95732d71445510bd.png

image.thumb.png.7d404214c3a548e095ea1ec2a998c062.png

image.thumb.png.3dffb66f80c7e8247f5c4da0a57705fb.png

image.thumb.png.cd421b6307fa3917fde4052f6ecf25a9.png

image.thumb.png.ff675daf7a2bf5f28f2adcd4cfb9088e.png

image.thumb.png.d36fb243f2464a008f6e34f14f38d269.png

image.thumb.png.a5c1304e25630c4b95072c644eee97af.png

image.thumb.png.594236871d1f63397f8acaaf67242671.png

image.thumb.png.0cbf11305cb1e659230365bcb9ade46a.png

image.thumb.png.d431487f7637f14a3be8a36787756c53.png

image.thumb.png.5cb755db0d68a5942610e35b7cd118f3.png

image.thumb.png.bbd277b8c7e00e27073a97c3b9dda10c.png

image.thumb.png.9a9e47c40f4ed0630f6e70a7d038ac65.png

image.thumb.png.473e3bd91b1898d6c6b9111b0a883245.png

No Lamont Rogers?

Seems like a Ffrench commit might open the door to some tasty ffromage puns. We would have an abondance of riches at the position. We could easily go brie, ffour, or ffive wide at the position with studs.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1