Horns with Heart - The NIL Deathstar gets closer to completion

immamac

4 hours ago, immamac said:

This is how it works. The players can donate whatever they want to charity out of their cut though. So if they want us to give part of their 50k to charity we can do that on their behalf. 

The idea here is to really bring awareness and interaction to charities that would otherwise go unnoticed.

Is the goal to generate an excess of 50k annually per lineman via NIL which will then be donated to charity?  In essence, you believe NIL could generate (hypothetically) 100k per lineman on average so the additional 50k not paid to the lineman would be distributed to charity?  Or is there another charitable approach I'm missing in the awareness piece you mentioned?

Edited by Bodhi

1 minute ago, Bodhi said:

Is the goal to generate an excess of 50k annually per lineman via NIL which will then be donated to charity?  In essence, you believe NIL could generate (hypothetically) 100k per lineman on average so the additional 50k not paid to the lineman would be distributed to charity?  Or is there another charitable approach I'm missing in the awareness piece you mentioned?

The goal is that these charities get to raise that money because of this.

we select a charity that makes sense for the players and horns with heart, then we set a target and the whole push is behind that target. It’s win win for everyone, but most of all for the community because there will be hundreds of thousands of eyeballs on every single thing they touch. If 1% of 500k people donate 10 dollars that it a whole shitload of money (50k) if that happens 12+ times a year that’s 800k matched. If we do 5% or up the donation average it snowballs very quickly. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

The goal is that these charities get to raise that money because of this.

we select a charity that makes sense for the players and horns with heart, then we set a target and the whole push is behind that target. It’s win win for everyone, but most of all for the community because there will be hundreds of thousands of eyeballs on every single thing they touch. If 1% of 500k people donate 10 dollars that it a whole shitload of money (50k) if that happens 12+ times a year that’s 800k matched. If we do 5% or up the donation average it snowballs very quickly. 

So then a charity would sponsor a player to generate the 50k for them?  The excess they generate from those efforts, not to mention the awareness they receive goes to the charity?  If so, that is a pretty awesome way to leverage this NIL to do some good in the world.  If not, I will go read some more about what this effort and save you the time to compensate for my poor reading comprehension.  

Edited by Bodhi

3 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

So then a charity would sponsor a player to generate the 50k for them?  The excess they generate from those efforts, not to mention the awareness they receive goes to the charity?  If so, that is a pretty awesome way to leverage this NIL to do some good in the world.  If not, I will go read some more about what this effort and save you the time to compensate for my poor reading comprehension.  

No sponsors pay for the awareness and excess gods to charity. Charity gets 100% free publicity and hopefully a windfall. 

3 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

So dumb question. Are the olinemen getting 50k from pancakes and 100k from Clark field?  I’m seeing 150k thrown around by some people and wasn’t sure were that was from. 

The math doesn’t work for me on the Clark Field end if they are really supporting all sports.  That’s a lot of people.

Edited by conVINCEd

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

The math doesn’t work for me on the Clark Field end if they are really supporting all sports.  That’s a lot of people.

I read five sports is what it will cover, which would make sense but of course people will complain about being left out. If anyone can clarify, please do. These things are progressing evidently, I’m sure volleyball and others will get something eventually but 50k plus for sports that bring in no money isn’t going to happen.  

23 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I read five sports is what it will cover, which would make sense but of course people will complain about being left out. If anyone can clarify, please do. These things are progressing evidently, I’m sure volleyball and others will get something eventually but 50k plus for sports that bring in no money isn’t going to happen.  

I’m not complaining, but the football team takes 85% of the initial budget if every scholarship player is getting $100k.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Have downloaded it for my road-trip in the morning. 

5 hours ago, immamac said:

No sponsors pay for the awareness and excess gods to charity. Charity gets 100% free publicity and hopefully a windfall. 

I am an . . . 

EXCESS GOD !!

Great name for boosters in general. 👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bodhi said:

The way understand it, the players get 50k in their pocket as “salary” to promote a charity, through appearances and social media I assume, (the same way Sara maclachlan probably gets paid for the dog commercials) except the 50k is coming from immaculate and friends and not the charity. 
Whatever the charity gets based upon their use of the player as a spokesperson they get to keep.  
Am I close?

Check out any volleyball player’s Instagram. They’re probably all pushing $50K+ already with how many product endorsements they do.

11 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

The way understand it, the players get 50k in their pocket as “salary” to promote a charity, through appearances and social media I assume, (the same way Sara maclachlan probably gets paid for the dog commercials) except the 50k is coming from immaculate and friends and not the charity. 
Whatever the charity gets based upon their use of the player as a spokesperson they get to keep.  
Am I close?

Yeppers. 

By the by, if you really want to nail the people who want to talk bad about Texas and NIL, make the first charity a children's hospital. They love the photos of a big guy next to some kid on a respirator. It sells shit.

When Penny Arcade decided to Do Something About Gamer Perception And Legal Saber Rattling in the wake of Columbine, they went for the Children's Hospital route. Not only was it a rousing success, it was absolutely awesome for the kids.

Man, I can't wait to see our OL take the field after a hospital visit, having dedicated their next pancake blocks to some kid fighting off leukemia. While some poor DL's limbs flail about, he looks up from his belly, points at the sky and yells, "That's for you, little Billy! Now you go block cancer the way I just blocked this jabroni!"

Fuck yeah, man. Children's hospitals are the way to go.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Ed and the other two bozos on KLBJ this afternoon were acting like this is sketchy in the few minutes I caught flipping stations on the drive home. 
Ed Clements, the guy who has never turned down a free handout. 

If this funnels the linemen into fat unfunny auctioneer and MC gigs, Ed should be very concerned.
  • Haha 1