Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

3 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Damn it. Current ESPN/sky coverage is good. 

Yeah, I like the Croft/Brundle pairing. I started to watch the Saudi race on F1 TV and noped out immediately. I can't do Buxton and Palmer (think it was Joylon, not sure).

Also, what the hell happened to Haas in Melbourne?

13 minutes ago, faps said:

Yeah, I like the Croft/Brundle pairing. I started to watch the Saudi race on F1 TV and noped out immediately. I can't do Buxton and Palmer (think it was Joylon, not sure).

I don't have F1TV, but I read somewhere that you can choose the broadcast audio you want to hear, including Sky.

I hope that, whatever network ends up showing F1, that they just continue the Sky coverage. I don't like all the presenters, but their overall package is massively superior to anything we've ever had here in the US.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, wood said:

I don't have F1TV, but I read somewhere that you can choose the broadcast audio you want to hear, including Sky.

I hope that, whatever network ends up showing F1, that they just continue the Sky coverage. I don't like all the presenters, but their overall package is massively superior to anything we've ever had here in the US.

ill all but bet they end up with "exclusive" rights to it - meaning no F1TV. forget where someone else said they have that setup (germany?) but other major countries have it that way.

i fully expect them to fuck it up, do an exclusive program, with ads, their own US production, no F1TV, etc

then again maybe at $75m the mouse ponies up more $$, saves cash from sticking wi/ the Sky production and we can all watch happily

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

ill all but bet they end up with "exclusive" rights to it - meaning no F1TV. forget where someone else said they have that setup (germany?) but other major countries have it that way.

i fully expect them to fuck it up, do an exclusive program, with ads, their own US production, no F1TV, etc

then again maybe at $75m the mouse ponies up more $$, saves cash from sticking wi/ the Sky production and we can all watch happily

If that's the way they play it I will happily go back to torrenting and watch the races on delay. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, faps said:

Jolyon Palmer is good. Hes a former driver.  
I like everyone involved in the Sky and F1 production except Karun’s distracting accent. 
If you follow the F1 tech talks segments, Sam Collins is really good. 

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Jolyon Palmer is good. Hes a former driver.  
I like everyone involved in the Sky and F1 production except Karun’s distracting accent. 
If you follow the F1 tech talks segments, Sam Collins is really good. 

I like Palmer well enough. Like Ant, DiResta, Nico, Brundle, etc, he gives good info we might not otherwise know about what the drivers are doing. But just being a former driver doesn't do much for me when it comes to trackside commentators. Remember, Karun & Johnny Herbert are former drivers as well, and those idiots say as much stupid shit as Crofty does. Damon does too, lately.  Karun's accent doesn't bother me, but his stupidity & longwindedness does.

Edited by wood

Here's a helmet cam shot that shows how much Ferrari is still porpoising. It's actually pretty incredible that they've been on RB's pace so far this season when they porpoise this much and RB doesn't seem to at all. Carlos had a lot of porposiing at Jeddah too. 

Saw that while watching practice today. They are porpoising like crazy.

Click on the International button on F1 TV and you can listen to Crofty and Brundle.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Just watching Qualifying now. Getting ready for Q2.  

Daddy Stroll can’t be happy with his son. Expensive hobby

Woke up and was glad I extended the recording but ended up two minutes short lol. 

I haven't been able to watch until now (work + life + March Madness) but man, these cars look weird with all of the new structural changes. The little "wrist splint" looking doodads on the interior of the front wheels, the wheels themselves, etc., gives me "dive planes on a Civic" vibes, though of course I realize that there's a world of difference in the overall effectiveness and purpose-built design specificity between the two. 

And Lance's dad should be cutting a check to Williams. 

Could be some fun early with Sainz and Alonso coming up on the Mercedes cars. 

The Mercedes cars are both pretty slow in sector 3 so you would think those two could pass them on the front DRS straight pretty easily. But Hamilton and Russell were both so strong in the first sector there might be a chance for some fun fightbacks.

Edited by Huckleberry