Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

Sleep is for the weak but a bit of a yawner. LeClerc and Ferrari look very strong, and no doubt they’ll bring upgrades for Imola.

A good day of sport viewing, this one: Aussie GP, Liverpool - City, then The Masters final round.   

Edited by Dutch

I’m surprised how dominant Ferrari was. I expected the RBs to be right on them or even have slightly better race pace. Leclerc had that race in the bag even with the safety car and if Max doesn’t bow out. 

The first three races have gone about as good as possible for Merc while they struggle. 3 DNFs from RB and a DNF for Ferrari. If they find their pace soon, they won’t be too far out of the fight. 

Spekaing of, rough weekend for Carlos. He had some bad luck in qualifying, but that spin is really going to hurt him. He’s more or less relegated to number two driver for the season already, unless Leclerc has a DNF soon. 

I think it is great we have three real teams in the fight this year, and two teams close to nipping at their heels.

RedBull better get its shit together or they are going to end up disappointingly in third, behind Ferrari and Mercedes, at the end of the season.

That was a terrific race for McLaren, not great, but double points is a great start. I would have liked to see them make some moves on Mercedes but, maybe in the near future, although Norris downplayed their team progress a bit.

I was happy for Albon. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Pretty typical Australia. Fantastic setting with less than fantastic action on track. Fun watching Charles dominate, he’s a likable guy and carries himself well in victory and defeat.

So far has beaten his main criticism, which was consistency. Even without Carlos’ bad luck, he’s been the faster driver on Saturday and Sunday. 

6 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

o you have to change tires at least once in a race?  Explain what happened to Albon.

6 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Yes one mandatory stop. Last to 10th is pretty impressive though.

It's more than that.  You have to use two different tire compounds in the race.  Great, great drive by Albon.   Good for him.

LeClerc is the class of the field at this point.  Not only does he have the fastest car but his driving (eliminating of mistakes) has gone up a notch or two.

I disagree about it being a boring race.  The mid field racing was excellent once again.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

It's more than that.  You have to use two different tire compounds in the race.  Great, great drive by Albon.   Good for him.

LeClerc is the class of the field at this point.  Not only does he have the fastest car but his driving (eliminating of mistakes) has gone up a notch or two.

I disagree about it being a boring race.  The mid field racing was excellent once again.

Not really. I mean it was excellent in that they were staying closer to each other but there weren't many on track passes at all.

3 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

So how did Stroll not get a penalty when he pushed Bottas off the track and VB lost 2 positions?  So much for enforcing the rules this year.  Video below.

Exactly. I thought that was way more egregious than weaving down the strait which he got the 5 seconds for. 

• Like 1

ESPN App still doesn't have an English broadcast of the race on demand. Spanish only.
I waited and tried to get it to work all day and finally gave up and watched highlights on YouTube.
Sounds like I didn't miss much.

It was up yesterday but it stuck us in the middle of the safety car. Luckily it didn’t ruin anything. Switched to F1TV and everything was good.

26 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

ESPN App still doesn't have an English broadcast of the race on demand. Spanish only.

I waited and tried to get it to work all day and finally gave up and watched highlights on YouTube.

Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Might be your app. Mine shows the English version on demand. Works when tested 1:25 run time 

51998318083_10a4c1c865_b.jpg

Edited by ChickenSandwich

If your regular cable/satellite service channel lineup package doesn't include the channel it originally aired on, then your ESPN app will not allow you to access it.  My ESPN App showed the actual race as originally airing on ESPNews, which I don't have, so it didn't allow me to watch the English version.

My Spanish is decent so I went ahead and watched it on ESPN Deportes, which I do have in my channel lineup for some reason, even though I never specified it and don't pay for it.

5 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

So how did Stroll not get a penalty when he pushed Bottas off the track and VB lost 2 positions?  So much for enforcing the rules this year.  Video below.

Because race stewards are nothing if not inconsistent. This is the exact scenario they emphasized would be penalized in the rules this year, and the first chance they get to enforce it, they say no further investigation necessary. Unfuckingreal. That should be a penalty every single time. If Bottas doesn’t move off the track entirely, then Stroll hits him and Stroll definitely gets a penalty at that point, so why force Bottas to get hit in order for that conduct to be punished? So stupid. 

Also fuck Lance Stroll. He’s a whiny bitch who still hasn’t learned to check his mirrors in 6 years of daddy paying for him to be in F1 and yells I got hit every time he drives in to people. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Because race stewards are nothing if not inconsistent. This is the exact scenario they emphasized would be penalized in the rules this year, and the first chance they get to enforce it, they say no further investigation necessary. Unfuckingreal. That should be a penalty every single time. If Bottas doesn’t move off the track entirely, then Stroll hits him and Stroll definitely gets a penalty at that point, so why force Bottas to get hit in order for that conduct to be punished? So stupid. 

Also fuck Lance Stroll. He’s a whiny bitch who still hasn’t learned to check his mirrors in 6 years of daddy paying for him to be in F1 and yells I got hit every time he drives in to people. 

Yeah, it was more of a shot along the lines of "we're going to enforce the rules THIS year, we promise!".  Same old, same old.  I look forward to someone being penalized for the exact same scenario later in the season.  Because stewards gonna steward.