Liberty Bowl: Miss St vs Texas Tech ESPN 5:45

WBT

23 minutes ago, EtherealKiller said:

Jesus Christ, aggy will justify anything.

787CC7D5-0427-4917-8521-31F5254E4397.jpeg

Sec had regular season losses to penn state, Pitt, UCLA, Memphis, Stanford, ETSU, and now is 0-4 in bowls. 

They have 1 good-ish win against Clemson. After that bama over Miami. 

They have a bunch of close wins against dog shit teams. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Yep. It’s amusing how many people confuse his entertaining persona and being a good head coach.

He’s closer to good than bad. Compiling a 59% win percentage at lower-tier schools such as Tech, Washington St., and Mississippi St. isn’t bad, at all.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, heso said:

Sec had regular season losses to penn state, Pitt, UCLA, Memphis, Stanford, ETSU, and now is 0-4 in bowls. 

They have 1 good-ish win against Clemson. After that bama over Miami. 

They have a bunch of close wins against dog shit teams. 

How dare you call 4-8 Colorado a dogshit team!

How Dare You Greta GIF

• Haha 2

haha there are still idiots that think mike would have won shit of consequence at Tech......he is still trying his dumb ass cult of mike shit 2 jobs after Tech when it was clear WSU was tired of that shit 4 or 5 years ago and got over him immediately after he left

now MSU gets to massively over pay for a coach so he can talk about shit from 15 years ago and 2 jobs back while getting his dick knocked in the dirt and letting everyone know he is always going to concentrate on that and not on preparing a team to "air raid" for more than 7 points in a bowl game

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

haha there are still idiots that think mike would have won shit of consequence at Tech......he is still trying his dumb ass cult of mike shit 2 jobs after Tech when it was clear WSU was tired of that shit 4 or 5 years ago and got over him immediately after he left

now MSU gets to massively over pay for a coach so he can talk about shit from 15 years ago and 2 jobs back while getting his dick knocked in the dirt and letting everyone know he is always going to concentrate on that and not on preparing a team to "air raid" for more than 7 points in a bowl game

Here are the facts:

• It ain't easy winning consistently in Lubbock (or Pullman or Starkeville).  If you can do that, it's saying something,
  • The Tech Chancellor (I forget his name) was a little piss baby because Leach out negotiated him,
  • Craig James and his son (who no other school was interested in) did a hatchet job,
  • Tech as gone back to maybe .500 ball since Leach left

Everyone has some unclean hands and no one is perfect.  Makes for some nice theater, though.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So when SEC loses bowls, it is because they don't to be there but when they win, it's because they are the best ever!! ??

As a Mizzou SEC cultist tried to tell me on another board tonight, the SEC also suffers from having so many top draft choices skipping the bowls. Came across as saying conference reputations should be based on draft results, not actual games. What a loon.  

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

You are learning

propaganda requires repetition. 

Deuce McAllister is the worst, what a hayseed dumbass SEC homer.

The whole game all he did was cry about MSU missing a few players, never once mentioning that we were starting our 3rd string QB, missing the best player on the team, and being led by a skeleton coaching staff that is scattering all over the country right after the game.

Fuck right off with that shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

...it was clear WSU was tired of that shit 4 or 5 years ago...

4 or 5 years ago (2017/2016), Leach had a record of 9/4 and 8/5, respectively, and followed with a 11/2 record in 2018. What makes you think WSU was really tired of that “shit” winning?

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I think he wants to score a 100 tonight. The only reason I would see for him not trying this is that Cumbie has to coach this game before he leaves. Not sure he wants to embarrass one of his guys. 

I hope he does try to score more than any other team this bowl season though. This should be a fun game. 

Soooooo close.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

From a Tech fan page, SMDH:

𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭 𝗦𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻:
First Record Over .500 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟱 ✅ (7-6)
First Bowl Win 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟯 ✅ (yeah!!!!!!)
Destroyed the Pirate Curse ✅ (That's not at all what this game did.)

11 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Yep. It’s amusing how many people confuse his entertaining persona and being a good head coach.

Cultists.  There's 40 or 50 of them that think the clown still walks on water.

There's nothing entertaining about Leach's persona. The tiresome schtick and cuteness got old a long time ago.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Cultists.  There's 40 or 50 of them that think the clown still walks on water.

There's nothing entertaining about Leach's persona. The tiresome schtick and cuteness got old a long time ago.

image.png

I wouldn't have called myself a cultist but while he was at Tech, I was a firm believer that he would crush it at a major school if given the chance (no offence to Tech).

I've since changed my mind.  His sideline persona has gotten quite old as well. 

40 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I wouldn't have called myself a cultist but while he was at Tech, I was a firm believer that he would crush it at a major school if given the chance (no offence to Tech).

I've since changed my mind.  His sideline persona has gotten quite old as well. 

When people still bring him up as a potential candidate at Texas, I automatically ignore all opinions by those people.

He's a clown. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

But he says funny things and likes pirate stories. Sure, he's a mediocre coach with an offense that everyone's figured out...but he's so funny. 

And still doesn't have his teams play defense.

Galaxy brain is shitting on Sark for the defense, but wanting to hire Leach. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Leach was out coached and MSU was out played.  Hopefully Tech can put the whole Leach business behind them now.

I think non-playoff bowls are meaningless now - for multiple reasons. Leach had a good regular season. I think they had 4 wins against team that ended the season ranked. Their losses were really close, except for Bama. For coaching in the SEC for a team that is not thought of as a traditional football power, that is pretty good. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, mdmost said:

But he says funny things and likes pirate lore. Sure, he's a mediocre coach with an offense that everyone's figured out...but he's so funny. 

Mediocre coaches do not have a career winning percentage of 59% at Texas Tech, Washington State, and Mississippi State.  It usually takes him a few years to get his system in place.  It did at Tech, where he then finished ranked 5 of his last 6 years.  It did at WSU, where he got them a top ten finish.  He is on or ahead of schedule at Miss State.  They were picked dead last in the SEC West and finished tied for third.  Lot of close losses besides Bama and Tech.

I don't read much into non playoff bowl games any more.  They are more like NFL preseason or exhibition matches like bowl games were prior to the 70s.  Tech did whoop their ass, so good for them. But with Covid and all the opt outs, I am just not sure non playoff bowl games mean much these days as players don't care all that much.  Even big 6 type games like the Orange Bowl -- Mack Brown's entire offense opted out last year.  Was not the same team.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Mediocre coaches do not have a career winning percentage of 59% at Texas Tech, Washington State, and Mississippi State.  It usually takes him a few years to get his system in place.  It did at Tech, where he then finished ranked 5 of his last 6 years.  It did at WSU, where he got them a top ten finish.  He is on or ahead of schedule at Miss State.  They were picked dead last in the SEC West and finished tied for third.  Lot of close losses besides Bama and Tech.

I don't read much into non playoff bowl games any more.  They are more like NFL preseason or exhibition matches like bowl games were prior to the 70s.  Tech did whoop their ass, so good for them. But with Covid and all the opt outs, I am just not sure non playoff bowl games mean much these days as players don't care all that much.  Even big 6 type games like the Orange Bowl -- Mack Brown's entire offense opted out last year.  Was not the same team.

Oh, he'll have good seasons at the beginning. Then the teams that play him regularly will figure out how to defend his offense like Washington did. Then MSU will tire of his act and he'll be off to the next location. If he wants to jump up and beat aggy, that's fine. I'm just tired of his cutesy shit and this board's obsession with him. 

2 hours ago, Marshall_Lucky said:

Yeah, aging is a bitch. Raytheon, wtf.

Well, Raytheon does have to do with defense.  Just not football.

The two things that Leach is good for are:

1 - Entertaining quotes to the media

2 - Publicly depantsing and making fun of aggy.

He should not be taken seriously otherwise. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Lmao fuck you Leach in your stupid nutsack face, you immature egomaniac. Eat shit.

I completely understand your distaste for Leach, Shiner. Much like mine for Latter Day Mack Brown. 

I think Leach is an above average football coach (not great), amazingly stubborn, an extremely intelligent man, good for football, and fun for fans (not necessarily fans of the team he's coaching). He gets so much attention because he is so counter cultural and he doesn't care what people think about him or what he does. The guy is a complete wild card in every situation.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Leach is a great asset for any conference.  Because he can take shit tier teams and make them consistent 8 and 9 win teams that usually finish in the top 30 and can occasionally have an 11 win season.

You don't want him coaching your helmet schools, admittedly.  But he added a lot of value to the Big 12 when he got Tech running and had them ranked in the top 25 five out of the last six seasons.  We have seen what Tech is without him.  Not pretty.